Nottingham Forest v NUFC - 20/09/11 @ 7.45pm - Carling Cup 3rd Round (not on TV)

Fenham Mag

Guest Dontooner

Harper

Simmo - Perch - Saylor - ferguson

Obertan - Guthrie - Gosling - Sammy

Marvx.  -    Ba

Tiote on for gosling at half time

Ben Arfa for obertan at 60mins , move Guthrie to the right, Marvx in the middle left and Ben in the hole .

Pardew called this the Coca Cola cup in his BBC interview yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14960759.stm

Sammy won't be starting this: -

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=sammy-ameobi-to-stay-as-nufc-game-changer%26method=full%26objectid=29438963%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

The team should be a mix of players who need a game (e.g. Gosling, Guthrie and Marveaux) and players who need to gain confidence (e.g. Ba, Obertan and maybe even Tiote). I'd stick with the usual back four. R.Taylor needs to get used to playing left back. Sammy and Ferguson to come on as subs.

“There are a lot of things about his game that mean we wouldn’t want to start him yet until he’s nailed them down.

“It’s very important that he understands the discipline that the role entails, but if we’re chasing the game, or need a goal, he’s proving to be elusive, and a great weapon.

“In his education, and given the type of player he is, I want to keep him in that mode.

“I don’t want to start worrying about his responsibilities – I just want him to come on and be exuberant.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=sammy-ameobi-to-stay-as-nufc-game-changer%26method=full%26objectid=29438963%26siteid=72703-name_page.html#ixzz1YIHlXQhx

Outstanding words from Pard's :clap:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=ben-arfa-the-key-to-newcastle-8217-s-dreams-says-united-boss-pardew%26method=full%26objectid=29438853%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pardew – who is also hoping to include fit-again French teenager Mehdi Abeid in his squad for the cup clash.

Abeid was back on the training field this week too after recovering from a muscle injury sustained in a behind-closed-doors game at Sunderland last week.

The teenager was stretchered off after a strong tackle from Titus Bramble, but is back in first-team squad contention.

Pardew said: “Mehdi trained yesterday, and I think he’s got a chance for Tuesday too.”

For me, the next game is about giving some players that don't play a run out, but I can't see Pardew playing kids as that isn't how he likes to work. You know Lovenkrands will be in the right, while I am keen on protecting Colo, Cabaye, Tiote, Simpson, Best as these are irreplaceable. The only reason Steven Taylor plays is that there is no-one else, while Ryan Taylor only plays because Santon is returning. I hate Perch, but I'm relying on some against old club magic.

So the below is what I suppose would be a more pragmatic lineup.

Krul

Taylor Perch Taylor Ferguson

Lovenkrands Guthrie Gosling Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Shola

“There are a lot of things about his game that mean we wouldn’t want to start him yet until he’s nailed them down.

“It’s very important that he understands the discipline that the role entails, but if we’re chasing the game, or need a goal, he’s proving to be elusive, and a great weapon.

“In his education, and given the type of player he is, I want to keep him in that mode.

“I don’t want to start worrying about his responsibilities – I just want him to come on and be exuberant.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=sammy-ameobi-to-stay-as-nufc-game-changer%26method=full%26objectid=29438963%26siteid=72703-name_page.html#ixzz1YIHlXQhx

Outstanding words from Pard's :clap:

Second that. Very well said.

The bottom line is we probably wont make the Champions league and even Europa might prove a bridge too far. Therefore I couldn't give a toss whether we then finish 9th or 14th etc and would much rather have a cup instead.

A very good cup run is a real possibility with this team so lets please throw everything at it.

The bottom line is we probably wont make the Champions league and even Europa might prove a bridge too far. Therefore I couldn't give a toss whether we then finish 9th or 14th etc and would much rather have a cup instead.

A very good cup run is a real possibility with this team so lets please throw everything at it.

An injury to Coloccini in September could be the difference between 7th and 18th this season. Would rather get us in to a position this season that we can build on next season than lose to Man City's second team in the Semis this year.

Aye, think you might be right there. :lol: :lol: