Forest 3 - 4 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 20/09/11 - post-match reaction from p55

Dave

DISCLAIMER - THis is an e-mail from my mate who went to both Chesterfield and Forest, not my opinion.

Ben Arfa is everything you'd want in an attacking midfielder, good touch, wants to run at people and has a good eye for a pass - FLAIR.  Fitness though FITNESS, I worry.

Marvo is just Routledge, ask me again in  a month.

Perch did nowt wrong for me but that's his standard, he's comfortable against that lot.

Gosling did nowt of note.

Elliot, as I've said what does he offer that Harper and Forster don't. IF they wanted a goaly why didn't they actually scout a one, say like aheemm cough for example Keiron Westwood. He's a mate of Woodmans and that why he's here and that's what you get for £100,000

Obertan actually put a cross over.

Abeid - SERIOUSLY I didn't even notice he was playing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:pokerface:

He was drunk on two occasions, point taken.

Agreed with Interpolic's ratings. Thought Gosling was uncomfortable on the right and offered next to nothing. Abeid played well I thought - though I think we lacked a physical presence in the middle that Tiote usually offers.

Disappointed in Fergie, thought there were times he could have had a run or make a simple pass and instead tried to hoof it long, but he's still young and had just come back from injury so it's not surprising he was rusty.

Watching Perch and Colo at the back was like chalk and cheese. Really showed what a classy player Colo is. Controlled, calm, strong in the air. Contrast with Perch who looked very uncomfortable on the ball. Wouldn't necessarily say he was utter dog shite last night but it was clear that he is essentially a Championship standard player.

Tbf Perch saved us in 2 or 3 situations where Simpson messed up down the right and he came across to cover. Of course, it was against lesser opposition but I think that was his best game for us (Not really hard though  :razz: ).

Mareveaux looked brilliant, really hope he starts ahead of Obertan who for me looked poor when he came on. Had some brilliant crossing situations and just floated them straight over everyone's header, thank god the one on 122 minutes was a good one.

Hatem and Abeid both played well, they offer so much creativity. Some of HBA's crossfield passes were just awesome.  :love:

Second competitive away game win in about 16 attempts that I have seen....other win was Wigan  :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

BBC show just started, in case anyone hasn't seen the goals. Be a while until we're on like.

We'll probably be on quite early - they always mess up the previews.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Can't believe some cunt on the radio said their first wasn't Elliot's fault. Shocking keeping.

At the time it looked awful keeping however he has since stated he was unsighted. Just seen the highlights for the first time and it does appear as though Colo blocks his view of the shot until its well on it's way.

Didn't notice at the time but wtf was Simpson doing for that goal? Refused to block the shot, is he scared of footballs hitting him? Might alter his match rating from a 4 to a 3 after seeing those highlights. Again at the time I assumed he had slipped for the third goal but you can see on the tv that he was in fact making a rash lunge 30 yards from goal on the touch line and completely messed it up. Counting the days till we buy a new full back.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Simpson appeared to have a dreadful game, like.

Shocking defending for the goals apart, you're right he was dreadful. Must have been a world record for giving the ball away in the first half it was unreal.