Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

I might go along to this. I'd imagine you can probably see the game from the top of that big hill next to the main stand.

This comment made me have a look around Blackburn on Google Streetview and holy shit, Blackburn is a dire dire place.  Looks like time just stood still since the 70s and nothing's happened since.

The stand which is on the opposite side to the managers and the tunnel is made of wood and looks like it's going to fall down.

I might go along to this. I'd imagine you can probably see the game from the top of that big hill next to the main stand.

This comment made me have a look around Blackburn on Google Streetview and holy s***, Blackburn is a dire dire place.  Looks like time just stood still since the 70s and nothing's happened since.

Most of the football grounds in this country are in the run-down or industrial parts of town. SJP is one of the exceptions. :smitten:

Blackburn is an absolute hellhole, though. The road that brings you in from nearby (and rather pleasant) Bolton is aptly called the A666. :lol:

Guest ykmkmdd

Talk in the papers this morning of Steven Taylor possibly playing in this with a broken nose - hopefully Pardew has seen enough of James Perch at centre half to draw the same conclusions as the rest of us....

Talk in the papers this morning of Steven Taylor possibly playing in this with a broken nose - hopefully Pardew has seen enough of James Perch at centre half to draw the same conclusions as the rest of us....

It does chill me to the bone to think of Perch at Center back for us. Does anyone know what Pardew's got against Kadar?...Thought he looked fairly promising as at least an all round utility type player, although not really seen enough of him. Is he not knocking on his door enough or something?

We have a good chance of winning this cup, we are not going to go down. So whilst last season are priority was just to stay up we can afford to really go for the cups this year. Birmingham won it last year ffs

Really think we will lose this, don't think they will rest many as Kean desperately needs a win, few Spurs mates that came up for the match the other week.  They also went to Ewood Park on Sunday and from what they have been saying, Blackburn actually did alright. 

Can see us making 3, 4 maybe 5 changes, but nowt too drastic.  Marveaux, HBA and Santon will all surely start.  Hoping Lovenkrands and Smith aren't considered, would also like to think Tiote will be rested for this one, him and Cabaye are on 3 yellows each and Cheik always seems to be on the verge of getting booked.

Really think we will lose this, don't think they will rest many as Kean desperately needs a win, few Spurs mates that came up for the match the other week.  They also went to Ewood Park on Sunday and from what they have been saying, Blackburn actually did alright. 

Can see us making 3, 4 maybe 5 changes, but nowt too drastic.  Marveaux, HBA and Santon will all surely start.  Hoping Lovenkrands and Smith aren't considered, would also like to think Tiote will be rested for this one, him and Cabaye are on 3 yellows each and Cheik always seems to be on the verge of getting booked.

You can look at their situation from a couple of angles though, they desperately need 3 points, and if he fields a weakened team which isn't expected to win then there can't be many complaints.

Blackburn should be resting players to focus on league survival really, in theory.

Aye, good point.  Not sure how he'll play it, but they play on Saturday and we have until Monday, so maybe he will rest a few.  They're also away to Norwich, big game for them, as you would expect both teams to be in the bottom 5 or 6 come the end of the season.

I expect them to rest quite a number of first team regulars simply because their away game to Norwich on Saturday is vital, they're desperate for three points. And let's be honest there's not exactly going to be a bumper crowd there tomorrow calling for his blood.

I've done a bit of a U-Turn on this one, with respect to team selection.

I think we should field a full strength side (perhaps one that is fuller than our regular full strength side, given that it will include the likes of Santon and Marveaux!).

Watching Blackburn over the weekend they seem a lot more dangerous with both Pedersen and Hoilett in the side, and Roberts as a battering ram up front. Nothing too fancy, no, but certainly dangerous. Good preparation for Stoke too.

Krul

Santon

Colo

Perch

Raylor

Marveaux

Tiote

Mehdi

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands

Would not say it was any more grim than areas that surround gounds like Anfield, Goodison, Maine Road (of old) for example.  Loads of current and older top flight grounds are in shitty areas.

Re the game, only a few changes for me - Marvaux, HBA and Santon to start.  Pardew cannot say in the one hand he wants to win a tropy and on the other, play players like smith.  The two are simply oil and water.

If we want to progress IMO, we go with the strongest possible side.

I've done a bit of a U-Turn on this one, with respect to team selection.

I think we should field a full strength side (perhaps one that is fuller than our regular full strength side, given that it will include the likes of Santon and Marveaux!).

Watching Blackburn over the weekend they seem a lot more dangerous with both Pedersen and Hoilett in the side, and Roberts as a battering ram up front. Nothing too fancy, no, but certainly dangerous. Good preparation for Stoke too.

Krul

Santon

Colo

Perch

Raylor

Marveaux

Tiote

Mehdi

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands

Full strength side?  You've got Lovenkrands, Abeid and Perch in there???

Well, Taylor has a broken nose and I've accepted Lovenkrands will play regardless.

Abeid.. well, I just want to see more of him on the pitch.

Taylor might still play though, doubtful I know.  Lovenkrands didn't even make the bench Saturday, no reason to suggest he will start.  Personally, I'm hoping Pardew is just talking him up, same with Smith.  Although it is a bit worrying that Smith got a place on the bench Saturday, is he better than Gosling or Guthrie?  NO!

Elliott

Santon    Willo      Colo      Raylor

(if hes fit)

Marv        Abeid    Tiote      Jonas

HBA

McLoven

Change Tiote for Gosling and Jonas for Sammy 60/70 mins. Perch for Willo if hes not fit.