CB - Coloccini

CB - Perch

RM - Obertan

LM - Marveaux

CM - Gosling

CM - Guthrie

AM - Ben Arfa

CF - Ameobi

Agree with this, despite 9 changes, that's still a canny team that, nice to have some squad depth for a change. Would like to see Vuckic, Abeid and Sammy at some point too.

Pardew mentioned about Perch being in line for replacing either Taylor/Colo if there's an injury what with Williamson still some weeks away so I think we'll defo see Perch play. Can't argue with that really.

Harper

Santon          Taylor              Perch          Ferguson

Gosling/Obe            Guthrie            Abeid          Marveaux

Barfa

Ameobi

Here is my take on Smith and Perch being on the bench yesterday:

Both are starting against Blackburn. Although he couldn't change the team, he could rotate the bench, and the purpose of this could be to dangle a carrot under the nose of Smith and Perch (e.g. you were on the bench last game, therefore here is your chance to show what you are worth), while similarly to Lovenkrands, Gosling, Guthrie, you lost your place on the bench last game, show me you deserve to win it back.

Elliott

Santon Taylor Perch Taylor

Gosling Abeid Smith Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Shola

I'd like to see a pretty strong side out and with Ben Arfa, Marv, Santon and Shola all looking certain to start it will be - from the rest I don't really mind who is in, with the exception of Smith, who should be absolutely no where near pitch time unless we are absolutely desperate. Whilst I doubt we will see Tiote or Cabaye there are still 3 other CMs (Gosling, Guthrie and Abeid) who should be ahead of him.

Would also love to see Krul play as he can make a difference - there is no reason why a young keeper should be rested, particularly if its just to give Harper a game, however, this is probably unlikely.

If Saylor has broken his nose then it would seem safe to assume that Perch will fill in. Unless Colo really is nursing a toe injury I also expect him to play - Pardew seems to value his leadership in games like this highly.

Lovenkrands probably earned himself a start but I would really rather not see it. What is worse is that if AP goes with Shola/Ben Arfa it could well be Lovenkrands playing on the right wing, which again is a completely pointless exercise.

Elliot

Santon      Taylor      Perch      Taylor

Abeid

Gosling

Obertan                                Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Shola

I dread the thought of anyone but Krul between the sticks now. He's such a game-saver with his shot-stopping ability. Especially since we always give away a few chances in the opening 30.

I understand Harper/Elliot need to be kept alert in the event of anything happening to Krul - but I think that can happen in reserve fixtures and in training IMO.

Krul

Santon  Perch  Colo  Ferguson

Marv  Abeid    Gosling  Loven

HBA     

Shola

[i think Pardew will pick Lovenkrands no matter what, so I'd rather put him out the way on the wing and let Marv further demonstrate (as though it were needed) what he can do on the right ahead of Obertan].

Gona be fuming if we lose this with a really pony side out. If we lose with a strong team, fair enough but there's really no excuse not to go for this. Santon, Marv and HBA simply have to start. Vuckic, Sammy and Abeid should certainly be involved too.

Really hoping we see Santon, Marveaux and Barfa start this. Can't see any negatives to it. They need to play.

Aye, they should definitely start. If we play a relatively full strength, we should be able to beat Blackburn.

I can see...

GK - Harper/Elliot

RB - Santon

LB - Ferguson

CB - Coloccini

CB - Perch

RM - Obertan

LM - Marveaux

CM - Gosling

CM - Guthrie

AM - Ben Arfa

CF - Ameobi