Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

COVERAGE OF BLACKBURN CUP GAME

UK TV - None. Highlights show on BBC1 at 11:20pm on Wednesday

Overseas TV - None

Local Radio - BBC Radio Newcastle, BBC Radio Lancashire

National Radio - None

Online Radio Coverage - NUFC.co.uk (yes you have to pay)

The anti-Kean protests will be a gift to us for this one. I understand that as of close of business last night Newcastle had sold more tickets (3,100) than Rovers have(2,600)! I just hope we make the most of what looks to be a fairly poisonous situation at Ewood Park just now - their team will be demoralised and there for the taking.

The anti-Kean protests will be a gift to us for this one. I understand that as of close of business last night Newcastle had sold more tickets (3,100) than Rovers have(2,600)! I just hope we make the most of what looks to be a fairly poisonous situation at Ewood Park just now - their team will be demoralised and there for the taking.

There will be a few hundred Newcastle fans going down to buying tickets on the door.

Hope so.

Sick to the back teeth of the same shit with both cups every year "we've got no chance so don't bother trying"

Did you completely miss Birmingham winning it last year? Spurs about four years ago when they weren't particularly good? Did you fall asleep when Stoke, Portsmouth (x2), Everton, Cardiff, West Ham, Millwall and Southampton were playing in FA Cup finals in the last ten years? Alright, only one winner there but they still got through to within a single 90 minute contest of winning a major trophy where anything can happen on the day. That's without even mentioning qualifying for Europe.

It's a ridiculous attitude and sometimes I wonder if the club has the same one - in my lifetime we have never played in a League Cup semi final and you only have to win four games to get there! It's a piss poor record and I hope we put out a strong side with the intention of winning the game, not full strength but not second string. We don't play until Monday so there's no excuse really, and I do think we will put a decent side out.

Missed this but so spot on.

I would find it hard to believe that anyone who experienced one of our recent Wembley appearances would not do anything for the chance to go back.

Seeing the black and white army take over London for a weekend is a joy that everyone should get the chance to experience.

Would be nice to win the occasional game there as well, but the "whole" cup final experience is one you will never forget, even if you lose.

This team in particular has the ability to do anyone on their day.

Saw this and read anti-Korean protests. Thought it all seemed abit unneccessary by the Blackburn fans.

"With Gosling there always has to be a fitness worry (and he wasn't involved in the midweek Reserve game), while Guthrie is claimed to have made a speedy exit from SJP pre-Spurs when discovering he wasn't in the matchday 18 and is now in the naughty corner."

First i'd heard of this. ??? Hope there's nothing in it; i like Guthrie and hope he plays tonight.

It was on Saturday, not the Spurs game. I came to the ground about 1.15. and as I was driving past the Mini garage, Guthrie was going away from the ground in his Audi RS4. My immediate thought was he must have spat the dummy for being left out the squad

"With Gosling there always has to be a fitness worry (and he wasn't involved in the midweek Reserve game), while Guthrie is claimed to have made a speedy exit from SJP pre-Spurs when discovering he wasn't in the matchday 18 and is now in the naughty corner."

First i'd heard of this. ??? Hope there's nothing in it; i like Guthrie and hope he plays tonight.

It was on Saturday, not the Spurs game. I came to the ground about 1.15. and as I was driving past the Mini garage, Guthrie was going away from the ground in his Audi RS4. My immediate thought was he must have spat the dummy for being left out the squad

He's definitely supposed to have left before the Spurs game as well.

Since I dont live in the UK - quick question.

Why is that this round, esp later in the stage - and it being a Wednesday night - do they not have every match televised if they are spread out on 2 nights? Is the Carling Cup on Sky only or something? Just curious, seems really stupid no?

Aye he was. Strange, wouldn't have thought that Guthrie was the type of player to do that.

I'm out tonight so I'll be counting on the match thread tonight to give me some updates :)

I will actually be about tonight to moderate the match thread :snod:

Not that it'll matter, as my radio stream from .co.uk is usually half a minute delayed from the local radio/U.K listeners so all other mods will have been there to edit it already.

Aye he was. Strange, wouldn't have thought that Guthrie was the type of player to do that.

Might have some personal/family problems that he felt was more important than staying at the ground for three hours. Just a theory :)

Whilst on PaddyPower deciding bets, I noticed that beside pretty much every match, including ours, it had the logo and said 'Live on TV'. Obviously misleading, I assume this is just radio coverage of some kind? Or are they just advertising their In-Play betting? ???

Apologies, I didn't realise he had left before the Spurs game also.

Hold on, Blackburn have only sold 2,600 tickets?

Even with cash turnstiles and kids turning up near to KO that pretty shocking and looks set to have a pretty poor crowd.