Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I think he'll get that eventually.

A big part of the value of a club is the TV money. A lot of people think that the latest deal is overvalued, but the NFL have a tv deal at $3b billion a year. With the global popularity of the Premier League and the higher number of games, I think the value of the deal will probably continue to grow well past the current value, which I think is around £1.8 billion a year. I think a few American owners may have clocked this, which might be why a lot of them piled in after the last tv deal was signed around 2009.

Now a club gets at least £60m just for finishing 20th.

Eventually a Premier League club like ours at that price will look a good deal, it's really a question of how long he has to hang on.

Will he actively seek a buyer or will he go on the p*ss in Dubai hoping to bump into some radgie arab with loads of wedge.

"Not oud you tit, I said do you want to buy the Toon?"

:lol:

A big part of the value of a club is the TV money. A lot of people think that the latest deal is overvalued, but the NFL have a tv deal at $3b billion a year. With the global popularity of the Premier League and the higher number of games, I think the value of the deal will probably continue to grow well past the current value, which I think is around £1.8 billion a year. I think a few American owners may have clocked this, which might be why a lot of them piled in after the last tv deal was signed around 2009.

Eventually a Premier League club like ours at that price will look a good deal, it's really a question of how long he has to hang on.

Would that money mean we're debt free if it's all stumped up?

Would that money mean we're debt free if it's all stumped up?

in theory, unless someone did a glazers on it however

Makes sense.

The Independent article is just another made up piece, I doubt Ashley has put any value on his "asset" recently although the whole world pretty much knows what he's owed. If he did put a price on it I'm sure future TV revenues would be carefully considered.

If he does sell it will most likely be to a global player. Would that ultimately be a good thing for NUFC ? Who knows ?

Why do they want Ashley gone?

Fair enough non of us can comprehend how JFK is in a job and he has made a lot of poor decisions in his time here and in particular this past year or so.

However what do these fans want?, some mega rich guy who is going to come in spend billions and when the TV money falls which it will then leave the club to rot in it's debt? A supporter trust who will have zero finances to support the club when tough times roll, or god forbid we had a bad season and went down? An owner who will chuck millions or even nothing at the club and end up like QPR, Blackburn, or even Hearts?

Lie it or not Ashley has turned the clubs finances around, we now have a squad full of internationals and all of this is affordable, people forget that if it wasn't for him when we went down we would have been f***ed financially, if Shepard was in charge then I think we would either have went bust or would be going down the leagues because of relegation.

I'm no Ashley lover but f***ing hell some fans really need to think before they talk, their is a difference between running a club and sitting in a social club all day talking about running a club. 

Erm Ashley WAS the reason we went down.

We are being 'ran' on an exit strategy IMO.

For 5 years? :lol:

Yep... I think the combination of the first season expenditure on players and compensation opened his eyes to footballs true cost and the lack of due diligence with regards to the debt etc...

As I'm a Freeman of Newcastle I can personally confirm he didn't realise he didn't own the land the ground is built on and that he had to pay us rent... Definitely got his fingers burnt badly...

Yep... I think the combination of the first season expenditure on players and compensation opened his eyes to footballs true cost and the lack of due diligence with regards to the debt etc...

As I'm a Freeman of Newcastle I can personally confirm he didn't realise he didn't own the land the ground is built on and that he had to pay us rent... Definitely got his fingers burnt badly...

I thought the lease was free as long as the land was used for football??

I thought the lease was free as long as the land was used for football??

Nope he pays us £x00,000 a year... It's up for renegotiation this year I believe so we will be looking to increase it... Last time the club made a big cock up with the deal which would've cost them a small fortune if it wasn't for the Freeman agreeing to seeing it as an admin error of sorts...

Hypothetically... If a price was stated that wasn't accepted by the club, what would happen?

I dare say no one wins really... So common ground has to be found... It's currently based on a number of factors along the lines of how well the club is doing... Method in his madness!?... :lol:

I don't think we'll get someone worse than Ashley when he goes. He has lied to the fans constantly, ran club legend's names through the mud, defaced and renamed our stadium, made ridiculous decisions that have gone as far as costing the club it's Premier League status and has shown as soon as last week that he isn't learning from his mistakes. If reliable sources from here are to be believed, throughout his time here he has made rash, extremely important decisions for stupid reasons and has also made them with no respect for people involved and the fans. The man moves from one disaster to another at this club and it really doesn't get much worse than that.