Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Course it didn't (if it was the one Dekka was on about). Probably something Wonga related.

---

This knacker will only sell for a profit IMO, he knows he's on to a good thing due to the TV money and us liable to stay up for a while.

Guest Brazilianbob

It beggars belief how predjudiced nufc fans are against southerners.  Mike Ashley is slowly building a solid financial foundation that WILL eventually provide the club with the financial clout to eventually compete with the big clubs.  If fans want immediate success then go and support the likes of man city.  What is the point of spending money the club cannot hope to generate only to end up like Portsmouth.  Short term gain always results on long term pain.  I have supported this club for all of my sentient years and if I can wait a little longer for success on the field I can't see why other junior supporters can't be expected to put in the time like us older fans.

Guest strongbow69

:lol: imagine us all in 10 years, yearning back to the "Ashley years"

Fuck

just made me think of this

It beggars belief how predjudiced nufc fans are against southerners.  Mike Ashley is slowly building a solid financial foundation that WILL eventually provide the club with the financial clout to eventually compete with the big clubs.  If fans want immediate success then go and support the likes of man city.  What is the point of spending money the club cannot hope to generate only to end up like Portsmouth.  Short term gain always results on long term pain.  I have supported this club for all of my sentient years and if I can wait a little longer for success on the field I can't see why other junior supporters can't be expected to put in the time like us older fans.

iQ2KvJxJZvXqu.gif

It's more about the footballing decisions and people not being hired on sporting merit for me.

Crock of shit.

I want the club build on solid foundations. Not renaming hte fucking ground, covering it in tacky advertising, repeatedly sending us backwards with proclemations from high.

Also he fucking hired Joe Kinnear  :lol:

I'm a southerner and this is a huge crock of shit.

I'm a southerner and this is a huge crock of shit.

I choose to live in the South for work and it's definitely a load of fucking bollocks.

I find it astonishing that some Newcastle fans are happy with/fully back Ashley with the disgusting decisions being made at the club. Football isn't just about financial decisions either. I wonder how solid those "financial foundations" will be if Ashley's decision making costs us our place in the Premier League for a second time?

I find it astonishing that some Newcastle fans are happy with/fully back Ashley with the disgusting decisions being made at the club. Football isn't just about financial decisions either. I wonder how solid those "financial foundations" will be if Ashley's decision making costs us our place in the Premier League for a second time?

It is for some because it's been drilled in to us how great being a balance sheet club is and how we'll go bust (like all those others have...) if we're not.

It's made fans apathetic as fuck, it's sad and it's prevalent in more clubs than ours.

It's not just the reluctance to spend money that's holding us back ffs.  It's consistently shite appointments, both in a football and non-footballing capacity.

Bringing Keegan back was a fluke.  It worked for a short time but it was to appease the fans.  No-one will ever convince me that MA knew of Keegan's positive forward-thinking and that's why he did it.  Hughton was also a fluke.  He couldn't be arsed to seek out or pay for a well-known manager.  Luckily he had a good coach on his books, being paid a pittance, looking to step-up.

He's had two people running the club on his behalf, neither of whom had ever been involved in football before.

I refuse to believe anyone else that would come in to buy the club would have such an appalling grasp on how a football club should be ran effectively like Mike Ashley does.

It is for some because it's been drilled in to us how great being a balance sheet club is and how we'll go bust (like all those others have...) if we're not.

:thup: Which is why a fair few will just nod along when we dawdle our way through a transfer window and leave ourselves short because we weren't able to get the player(s) in at significantly below market value / we'll never ever go into a net spend of above zero with Ashley in charge.  Happy mediums, please.

:thup: Which is why a fair few will just nod along when we dawdle our way through a transfer window and leave ourselves short because we weren't able to get the player(s) in at significantly below market value / we'll never ever go into a net spend of above zero with Ashley in charge.  Happy mediums, please.

I don't even want us spend big, I just want sensible investment rather than the wait 'til January incase we need a boost/saving tactic. Would be a nice if we bought a player on merit and how he'd fit in to the (non-existant) plan rather than because he has a clause or cost less than a few months previously as seems to be the only consistent in our dealings.

Talk about the so called brilliant finances to the cows come home if you wish but are they really that brilliant?

We rely heavily on TV money, our commercial income is f*cking awful and at the end of the day like it or not before Ashley we had much larger income.

Just an example of this.... 7 years ago we were getting 30m per year more than Spurs now they get 50m more than us with a smaller stadium and less f*cking gate receipts.

Fantastic finances my arse.

Yay, another season of the club being on and off the market, with speculative bids from Nigerians, Iranians, Kuwaitis and Arabs.

We're going to be so well prepared for the new season. I can hardly contain my glee.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 23m

Mike Ashley is a businessman and would always be prepared to listen to offers. Small problem is there are NO offers. #nufc

He has some great connections like.

Does he mean there are no offers or that there are offers from Newcastle Online?