Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Aye. :lol: You're f***ing mad, it's hilarious.

I think im just bored with football now,  the whole lot is just fucking shit.  From the media making mountains out of mole hills, gob shyte pundits, manager interviews, player interviews, ENGLAND, FIFA, sponsorship, talk of revenue streams...REVENUE STREAMS!!!!  John Motson, will he have die? Lawro, Sky Sports news getting racker hard-ons over nothing stories, goal celebations, players with earings, spoilt players, Jamie Redknapp, what is he?  The pressure of being in the premier league, Sam Allerdyce getting praise for his brand of football, old pals act with the pundits, pundits not willing to say "its a fucking DIVE" incase they upset their pals, QATAR, the cost of watching football, the price of merchandise, WONGA, Sports Direct and its awful raping of NUFC and the big fat man child Mike Ashley.  Oh and Ill suck anything coming my way Mr Alan Pardew.

Its all just constant shit.

Its not like its football anymore, take a step back, its a fucking soap opera.  Its bloody awful.

I think im just bored with football now,  the whole lot is just fucking shit.  From the media making mountains out of mole hills, gob shyte pundits, manager interviews, player interviews, ENGLAND, FIFA, sponsorship, talk of revenue streams...REVENUE STREAMS!!!!  John Motson, will he have die? Lawro, Sky Sports news getting racker hard-ons over nothing stories, goal celebations, players with earings, spoilt players, Jamie Redknapp, what is he?  The pressure of being in the premier league, Sam Allerdyce getting praise for his brand of football, old pals act with the pundits, pundits not willing to say "its a fucking DIVE" incase they upset their pals, QATAR, the cost of watching football, the price of merchandise, WONGA, Sports Direct and its awful raping of NUFC and the big fat man child Mike Ashley.  Oh and Ill suck anything coming my way Mr Alan Pardew.

Its not like its football anymore, take a step back, its a fucking soap opera.  Its bloody awful.

All true. It's shite.

:lol: :thup: Fair do's.  Starting to feel much the same, I liked football a lot more in the 90s when I was just getting into it.

:lol: :thup: Fair do's.  Starting to feel much the same, I liked football a lot more in the 90s when I was just getting into it.

If Newcastle United shut down tomorrow, I honestly can't say that I would watch football anymore. Very rare that I watch anything other than our rubbish.

Having said that, a lot of the reason for that is because I can't bear seeing other teams trying to play the game properly when we don't bother, so maybe I'd like it more.

For the sake of balance there's still a lot of really good moments, usually mid-game when you forget about all that other stuff, watching a couple of good sides knocking it about nicely. Then Motson speaks or something and the illusion shatters, or someone you wanted to like dives or something :lol: but there are pure moments still.

If Newcastle United shut down tomorrow, I honestly can't say that I would watch football anymore. Very rare that I watch anything other than our rubbish.

Having said that, a lot of the reason for that is because I can't bear seeing other teams trying to play the game properly when we don't bother, so maybe I'd like it more.

I watch other games and more often then not end up wishing I hadn't because it just rubs it in how bad we are.

I watch other games and more often then not end up wishing I hadn't because it just rubs it in how bad we are.

This - even watching the Australian A League, where the teams mostly try to play on the deck, rubs in how dire we are in PL standards.

I'm more disgusted by watching clubs with far less potential and infrastructure trying to do things. I look at Southampton and Swansea who are progressing nicely with the most basic and sensible approach there is: get the best possible people for the respective jobs, spending within their means, moving with the times.

It's the fact that we've trapped ourselves in a home-made model of running a football club, with the wrong purposes, restricting us to a certain level of competence besides the playing staff, that drives me to the brink of depression. Everytime something seems to work in our favour (Rémy seemingly coming very good for example), all I need is to see Pardew's, Kinnear's or Ashley's name or face to be reminded about where we are, where we want to be and where we're heading.

I've always been dreamy about Newcastle United, I think that's why I fell in love in the first place. It's the imaginairy mindset of Keegan and, perhaps even more in my case, Sir Bobby that rubbed off on me. That mentailty is as far gone as it could be. "Love it if we beat them" has been replaced by "Can't compete".

I'm not dreamy anymore. Just cynical and increasingly apathetic.

Newcastle United fans organise protest against Mike Ashley's ownership of the club

14 Oct 2013 11:14

The Time 4 Change group are critical of the Magpies owner and are planning to march ahead of Saturday's Premier League match with Liverpool

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-fans-organise-protest-2369062#ixzz2hgsQRf1Q

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

If Newcastle folded it would leave an absolutely enormous hole, I'm not sure if I could cope.

However, I dare say I could enjoy football - on the whole - more, basically for the reasons you state there. I'd probably get a season ticket at York or something (something I'm considering doing anyway when finances can allow). I speak to many lower-league supporters - and while many are quite pretentious in their 'the PL is bollocks' school of thought - they do seem to have the allowance to enjoy the romantic and traditional sides of football. In the 'big leagues', that is getting sapped away by the day.

For example, I barely had half an eye on the Premier League when we were in the Championship. I can remember fuck all about it, too. Think Burnley beat Man Utd 1-0, or something. That's about all that sticks out. I couldn't even say for certain who won it that year; Ancelotti's Chelsea I think - but I'm guessing.

Article from the mag about another billioaire interested in prem clubs...wont be us sadly.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/austrian-billionaire-wants-to-buy-premier-league-club/

Austrian Billionaire Wants To Buy Premier League Club

The interest in Premier League clubs looks to show no signs of waning, with Fulham the last one to be bought up by one of the growing number of American owners.

The latest Billionaire though claimed to be interested in buying a Premier League club is from Austria.

His name, Dietrich Mateschitz, may not be familiar but the main brand he is responsible for is instantly recognisable.

Red Bull is the biggest selling energy drink in the world, selling over five billion units a year, and has helped Mateschitz amass a fortune valued at $7.1bn (around £4.5bn), making him according to Forbes magazine, the 162nd richest person in the world.

Red Bull already have numerous well known tie-ins with sport, their formula one team maybe the most recognisable. However, they have numerous other sporting teams and in football they already have MLS club ‘New York Red Bulls’ as well as FC Red Bull Salzburg over in Mateschitz’ home country.

However, according to the respected Football Economy website (and other media), Red Bull are looking to buy a football club in England and respected ex-Schalke manager, Ralf Rangnick, has been given the job of heading up the search.

Rangnick is currently sporting director of Red Bull Salzburg but has been given the job of finding a club in England with the express intention of eventually helping to promote the Red Bull brand via the Champions League, one of the last markets they have yet to reach.

It is believed that their first preference is a club in the London area but that both Liverpool and Everton interest them also because Red Bull don’t see a great deal of work needed to be done to get them up to that level.

The question for us surely has to be that in terms of potential Newcastle has every bit as much and more potential as the likes of Everton and most others, while Liverpool would surely be a more expensive purchase for any buyer…or it should be.

Nothing ever changes with Newcastle in that our potential will always be there and we just need somebody to buy into that. We thought  we’d landed the jackpot when English billionaire Mike Ashley landed on the scene but sadly it wasn’t to be.

New respected owners used to bringing sporting success to their projects at the highest level would be a dream come true, Newcastle Red Bull United doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue but never say never.

The Time 4 Change group are critical of the Magpies owner and are planning to march ahead of Saturday's Premier League match with Liverpool

:scared:

Could they not have just named it Time for Change? it's only 3 letters!

If this fella was to buy us and keep us in-tact as Newcastle United, sure, but if he's going to peddle this Red Bull logo on top of everything and change our strip/kit* and colors and such then can move along as nobody would want that.

*woops, thanks Inochi.