Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If you actually have a season ticket and buy stuff then boycotting may have some minor impact. But, forgive me if I'm wrong, it seems that most who bleat on about boycoutting this and that don't. Hardly gonna give big Mike many sleepless nights.

Guest Roger Kint

If you actually have a season ticket and buy stuff then boycotting may have some minor impact.

You mean just dont turn up or actually not buy a ticket?

Guest Roger Kint

If you actually have a season ticket and buy stuff then boycotting may have some minor impact.

You mean just dont turn up or actually not buy a ticket?

Dunno, never really thought about it that way, but the latter I guess.

Ah ok. As the former would have pretty much zero effect at all, Ashley would still have his money so turn up or not it wouldnt change anything for him.

The take from bums on seats has been diminishing since the day Ashley walked into the club. 

The (almost) full stadium is only the result of the cheapest tickets in the league and the largest family enclosure in the league.

Unfortunately, ticket sales are an ever-decreasing proportion of income with TV money continuing to rise exponentially.  Fan power diminishes along with that shift. 

The ticket price is becoming more of a nominal amount to ensure the advertising in the ground is associated with a popular brand.

The take from bums on seats has been diminishing since the day Ashley walked into the club. 

The (almost) full stadium is only the result of the cheapest tickets in the league and the largest family enclosure in the league.

Unfortunately, ticket sales are an ever-decreasing proportion of income with TV money continuing to rise exponentially.  Fan power diminishes along with that shift. 

The ticket price is becoming more of a nominal amount to ensure the advertising in the ground is associated with a popular brand.

Don't know what the figures say but on the surface I'd imagine NUFC's numbers must be holding up quite well against the general backdrop of the Premier League, football in general and the other north east clubs.

The ticket pricing and family initiatives although undoubtedly a marketing thing are really to be applauded.

Are we the cheapest ?  A ticket where I sit was 68 quid yesterday and it was sold out. Not bad for a televised Sunday lunch time kick off in troubled economic times.

Don't know what the figures say but on the surface I'd imagine NUFC's numbers must be holding up quite well against the general backdrop of the Premier League, football in general and the other north east clubs.

The ticket pricing and family initiatives although undoubtedly a marketing thing are really to be applauded.

Are we the cheapest ?  A ticket where I sit was 68 quid yesterday and it was sold out. Not bad for a televised Sunday lunch time kick off in troubled economic times.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/19/premier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most

this says we're one of the cheaper in cheapest season ticket and matchday tickets but nothing on average price

What really winds me up about Ashley (well... one of the things) is the fact that he misses the point completely when it comes to us, the supporters.

Instead of antagonising us seemingly at every chance he gets, he should be using us to his advantage. He sees us as some irritating necessity rather than the actual epitome of the club itself. We're not the enemy. So what if we want a little bit of ambition, a bit of excitement. That's what footballs all about!

Instead of using every opportunity to dampen our expectations with his laccys (Pards, JFK) spouting shite about how we can't compete with the likes of Southampton, Everton and such, and basically saying we should just be grateful to be in the league. He should be talking the team up, telling us "we might not be able to spend £30m on a player but ours are going to give it a right good go" (not a great example but you know what I mean).

The atmosphere inside SJP over the past couple of years has sometimes been more suited to a funeral, rather than a football match. That, is down greatly, to the constant putting down of our team and the future prospects of it by the people in charge.

Look at the game yesterday. When the ref (and I use that in the broadest sense of the word) chalked off the goal, the atmosphere was electric. That lifts the players, it gives them an extra 15-20%. In short it makes players better.

If Ashley and such bigged up our chances, maybe even invested a bit on a couple of players. That would give the crowd a lift, it would make SJP more intimidating for the opposition like it used to be.

It really annoys the hell out of me because this scenario would benefit everyone.  :dave:

Anyway.... I've rambled on a bit. Rant over.

Get us onside and use us!!!!! It's not rocket science!! :dave:

(Now rant over).

It has always been said how easy it could be for Mike Ashley if he appointed qualified people in the right positions (Chairman & Manager). With some outward honesty and ambition and having a real attempt at the league & cup competitions -- people wouldn't complain (as much).

We will always have issues with players like Yohan Cabaye when all the messaging from the "club" is one that lack's ambition and dismisses the level and size of Newcastle United.

We're the ONLY club (worth comparing) to be taking less money outside of TV in the most recent accounts than 5 years ago....

http://i41.tinypic.com/161l5ao.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

Not too comparable considering the catering stuff which has took about £7m off income but allegedly increased profit. Its hard to separate the commercial figures. Also with ticket prices thats also a 'negative' on that graph which in reality its anything but.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone else notice the Sports Direct store in Eldon Square has closing down signs all over it? Got my hopes the cunt was closing up and doing a runner.

You equate a SD shop moving to Ashley selling NUFC? :lol:

Anyone else notice the Sports Direct store in Eldon Square has closing down signs all over it? Got my hopes the cunt was closing up and doing a runner.

Not just moving, closing down. We all live in hope. Daft I know.

Closing down just like DFS closes down. Every month.

Closing down just like DFS closes down. Every month.

Nah this time they had a massive closing down sign in the windows over the cross over part on Blackett Street, think the store is definitely closing

Guest Roger Kint

Not just moving, closing down. We all live in hope. Daft I know.

:lol: Its the same thing unless you think Sports Direct the billion £ company is closing down

All of the comments about Ashley and the way he is using the club are correct, but many people just don't want to see the answer because it upsets their life and that is, there has to be a boycott of STs. As long as he is getting 50,000 gates he is quite happy to sit back and take the money without having to do anything to make the 'product' more appealing to the 'customers'..i.e. the fans.

As long as people make excuses as to why this wouldn't work, yadda yadda, and keep paying, there will be NO change unless and until he decides to buy Rangers for cheap CL exposure.

People need either to accept it and not waste time moaning about it, or do something that will hit him in the pocket and withhold the dosh - that's the harsh truth of it.

The harsh truth of it?

We know now that the club is only going to spend what it can generate. Start boycotting and you will be hurting the team and the club long before you hurt Ashley to the point he wants to sell up.

What a load of absolute tosh. This is what the McKeags relied on for years.