Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest bimpy474

The "unusual circumstances" are that the baby was found dumped in the ladies toilets.

Didn't know they sold them too.

Mother arrested.

Wat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-25603466

Sports Direct baby birth: Police investigate 'unusual circumstances

Police are investigating the "unusual circumstances" of the birth of a baby at a sports retail warehouse.

The boy is seriously ill after being born at the Sports Direct distribution centre in Shirebrook, Derbyshire, late on 1 January.

Both the mother and her baby were taken to hospital for treatment.

A spokesperson for Sports Direct declined to comment because of the police investigation and would not confirm if the mother was an employee.

'Serious but stable'

A spokesperson for Derbyshire Police said: "The baby was taken to a neonatal unit where he remains.

"The baby is in a serious but stable condition. The mother, a woman in her 20s, was also taken to hospital for treatment.

"Officers are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the birth."

Police were called by the ambulance service at around 23:15 GMT on 1 January to report the birth of the baby.

A spokesperson said he was born in "unusual circumstances" but would not give more details.

Sports Direct has about 400 stores across the UK and describes itself as "the UK's leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit".

It was founded by Mike Ashley, the billionaire owner of Newcastle United.

Mother of the baby born at Sports Direct has been arrested on suspicion of wilful neglect .

SD could be in big trouble with the HSE, they'll be all over this like a rash.  If the mother was an employee then they should have carried out a Risk Assessment on the mother and have a legal obligation to protect the pregnant mother and child.

A court case is almost certain to come out of this.

SD could be in big trouble with the HSE, they'll be all over this like a rash.  If the mother was an employee then they should have carried out a Risk Assessment on the mother and have a legal obligation to protect the pregnant mother and child.

There is no indication yet that the mother was an employee. even if she was she may have been there for non immediate work reasons, I.E. sorting out maternity leave or even visiting people at work.

The warehouse also has a large store there as well, in which case it's just one of those things if a customer gives birth there. There is no information to suggest that anyone else knew of the women being in labour at the time.It is quite possible that she went to a toilet and gave birth on her own.

There is no indication yet that the mother was an employee. even if she was she may have been there for non immediate work reasons, I.E. sorting out maternity leave or even visiting people at work.

The warehouse also has a large store there as well, in which case it's just one of those things if a customer gives birth there. There is no information to suggest that anyone else knew of the women being in labour at the time.It is quite possible that she went to a toilet and gave birth on her own.

You think she may have been sorting out Maternity Leave on a bank holiday?  :lol:  The BBC article says "late on 1 January," would a shop be open late on a bank holiday?

You think she may have been sorting out Maternity Leave on a bank holiday?  :lol:  The BBC article says "late on 1 January," would a shop be open late on a bank holiday?

Ok so she was at work. As far as I'm aware of there is no law required for a women to take maternity until after the child is born. So long as the women wasn't putting herself and her child in a dangerous position then SD would not be breaking any rules. The women could have been working as a supervisor or in another position where she isn't doing things like lifting etc.

From then on it's pretty much the mothers responsibility for the welfare of her child. SD can't be held responsible if she has taken upon herself to abandon/neglect her child.

As the mother is so far the only person arrested in this it would seem to indicate that she is the one who has done wrong and none else is involved.

Some people in here are fast to put the boot in on SD and Ashley. Yes I don't like many things that SD, like 0 hour contracts etc, however there are people in here implying SD are the ones in the wrong and so far there is no evidence to suggest this.

Ok so she was at work. As far as I'm aware of there is no law required for a women to take maternity until after the child is born. So long as the women wasn't putting herself and her child in a dangerous position then SD would not be breaking any rules. The women could have been working as a supervisor or in another position where she isn't doing things like lifting etc.

From then on it's pretty much the mothers responsibility for the welfare of her child. SD can't be held responsible if she has taken upon herself to abandon/neglect her child.

As the mother is so far the only person arrested in this it would seem to indicate that she is the one who has done wrong and none else is involved.

Some people in here are fast to put the boot in on SD and Ashley. Yes I don't like many things that SD, like 0 hour contracts etc, however there are people in here implying SD are the ones in the wrong and so far there is no evidence to suggest this.

You're clueless man, I've pointed out in a post that the company does have a responsibility, I'm not guessing that they have, I know they have because it's part of my job to know.

The mother has been arrested, that will not be the end of it as the HSE either will be involved or will now get involved.

You're clueless man, I've pointed out in a post that the company does have a responsibility, I'm not guessing that they have, I know they have because it's part of my job to know.

The mother has been arrested, that will not be the end of it as the HSE either will be involved or will now get involved.

Ok then, is there a situation here where SD could be employing her under the correct conditions?

That is my point, my point is not debating if HSE are going to carry out an investigation or not.

Anyone lucky enough to be whitewash that will be the Fans Forum, tonight?

It's the NUFC PR Department and Ashley wearing his Alan Smith shirt just asking random questions.

Why do NUFC waste so much money on staff Wendy?

Can NUFC shave a little off their Xmas Party next year? Its what me and the rest of the fans want to see Wendy.

My mate Joe wondered whether we really need that Krul bloke Wendy, on behalf of myself, Joey K and the rest of the Bucks massive I'd like to propose he's replaced with that Paddy Kenny fella or, if he's a stretch too far, maybe you can find out what that Andy Goram guy is up to?

It's sole depressing with this c*** in charge we will never be in a position to win anything. No interest in he cups and no interest in spending money (even though he is a billionaire) to try and challenge in the league. His choice as manager also demonstrates the whole attitude of where he sees the club. We are only a flag ship for his company which to no surprise has saw share prices rocket on the back of this football club. It's really hard to get excited going to the match now as you know there is no chance whatsoever that this club is wanting  to win things and that is criminal with the attendances we get. Out only hope is he will sell up but it will be a lot more than the 100 million he quoted when we went down. Rumours were that he either quoted the Man City owners a stupid price when they were first looking to invest in a club and didn't turn up to another arranged meeting. He is making a lot of money of the back of this club with the free advertising . Depressing times as I just don't see anything for a few years to come but to be moving between 8th and just above the relegation slots - that's the long term picture we have to look forward to.

It's sole depressing with this c*** in charge we will never be in a position to win anything. No interest in he cups and no interest in spending money (even though he is a billionaire) to try and challenge in the league. His choice as manager also demonstrates the whole attitude of where he sees the club. We are only a flag ship for his company which to no surprise has saw share prices rocket on the back of this football club. It's really hard to get excited going to the match now as you know there is no chance whatsoever that this club is wanting  to win things and that is criminal with the attendances we get. Out only hope is he will sell up but it will be a lot more than the 100 million he quoted when we went down. Rumours were that he either quoted the Man City owners a stupid price when they were first looking to invest in a club and didn't turn up to another arranged meeting. He is making a lot of money of the back of this club with the free advertising . Depressing times as I just don't see anything for a few years to come but to be moving between 8th and just above the relegation slots - that's the long term picture we have to look forward to.

I agree with this 100%. I mentioned the same thing in the game thread. If we don't get an owner who is willing to spend, the only hope we have is the EPL implementing a salary cap like all the other major sports in the U.S. The salary cap would in theory level the playing field for all clubs to be able to compete. Until either of those two things happen, not much to look forward to.