Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

There is no way of shifting Ashley until he is ready, so I am going to look as the positives:

Allows us to focus our intentions on Pardew out

Club not distracted by sale process and uncertainty

Fans know where they stand and work out what we can and can't achieve with protests.

Ashley remains interested in the club and he s not going to want to see us relegated. I believe the top 8 target is genuine.

By 2016 he will probably have paid himself back the debts to as this TV money has to go somewhere as its not going on players.  At which point, he clearly makes a profit on the club then invests a percentage of that into Rangers and walks away from us.

Why give a date? Don't get it. Just say it's not for sale.

I'm in agreement with midds, £350m bid and were sold as quickly as he bought us.

Must add that the chances of anyone bidding something stupid like £350m are virtually nil. It's a bit of a moot point in that respect. :thup:

I'm in agreement with midds, £350m bid and were sold as quickly as he bought us.

I'll say what I've said before, anything and everything is for sale in that respect.

Who's going to pay £350m for us exactly? Won't happen.

Guest TruToon94

I'll say what I've said before, anything and everything is for sale in that respect.

Who's going to pay £350m for us exactly? Won't happen.

We have the potential to be very financially viable. Far more so than Man City were.

What we need is to be relegated to League 1 so we can become fan owned like Portsmouth. The attendance alone of our club ensure we have the power to bounce back.

Honestly can't see any future any bright future unless an explicit fan comes and buys the club or fans buy the club and run it like Barca and co do. We have a lot more potential than people think.

If someone offered him £350m for the club on Monday morning he'd be out of the door by lunchtime. His statements are bullshit.

You are probably right but it doesn't look like anyone is interested...Yanks still interested in Spurs at almost 1Bn, but then, Yanks think the UK is London and sadly these days they are right.

We are an anachronism - a provincial club which, despite a lack of trophies going back 45 years, has maintained its support at a high level whereas similar clubs who were once giants in the game, like Sheff Weds and Wolves, have disappeared almost without trace at the highest level. Only Man U/Man C and the Scousers now really represent the North in having a realistic chance of winning anything and by the time Ashley goes, NUFC will be well on the way to following the fallen clubs down a similar track.

Already, we have heard that many fans have asked their kids if they want to go only to be told that these kids are now interested in the successful teams in other areas...these will be the first true 'Lost fans' generation and once that happens, its curtains.

Ashley has done a brilliant job for his mates at Spurs by getting us out of the way as a possible challenger to them....we are a long way from the days when one of the Charlton brothers was on This is Your Life and one of their young cousins was asked whether they supported Man U(Bobby)or Leeds(Jack)...he replied, 'Neither - only Newcastle..!'....

That This is your Life is on the famous video sharing site incidentally. Saw it just the other week. A good watch. 1969 it was originally shown.

If spurs are going or close to a billion we are a total bargain.

Exactly. £350m, spend £50m on the first team and bring in a new manager, we'd be around Spurs in the league with a 50k stadium already operational. Our merchandise is artificially low due to people not wanting to spend money that goes direct in to SDs pockets. Everything would shoot up, no doubt in my mind we'd be a more profitable club without Ashley here.

Exactly. £350m, spend £50m on the first team and bring in a new manager, we'd be around Spurs in the league with a 50k stadium already operational. Our merchandise is artificially low due to people not wanting to spend money that goes direct in to SDs pockets. Everything would shoot up, no doubt in my mind we'd be a more profitable club without Ashley here.

Excellent points. Just need a billionaire now. I am sure if Ashley was serious about selling he could find one.

There is absolutely huge potential at a third of the price of spurs, with a stadium already in place.  Very easy for an owner. Wouldn't have to spend anywhere near a billion to do it

I just can't see it being anything other than a figure plucked out of a reporter's arse.

Spurs are stuck in a no man’s land below a top 4-5 that, other than the occasional blip, will be sewn-up for the next decade, minimum. There’s an expectation that they should be pushing on into the top four, but It would take a massive investment and a big slice of luck to move them up to that level. There clearly aren't any more abramo-sours out there willing to spunk that sort of money without any hope of a financial return and there's no real money to be made from Spurs.

There is absolutely huge potential at a third of the price of spurs, with a stadium already in place.  Very easy for an owner. Wouldn't have to spend anywhere near a billion to do it

WE know all this - potential buyers either don't or don't accept it...to them, we are a club in a rust bucket area of fallen industry(they think of Detroit if they are Yanks)whereas Spurs are in London, can attract a higher-paid fan, therefore will pay higher ST prices & buy more goods and will be more attractive to foreign fans.

I know much of it isn't true, but that's what they think and lets face it, as I said on another thread our gates would drop like a stone if ST prices were raised without an improvement in football.

1 billion pounds on a football club :lol:

f*** the world.

for reference Manchester United, global brand and commercial superpower in the football world cost the Glazers £200m less.

The LA Clippers, in the midst of a shitstorm and a team that's second fiddle to the Lakers, went for $2b.

It's the state of the sports world at the moment, primarily because of the TV rights deals which will continue to rise as long as it's the most valuable programming on cable companies and TV networks.

If the PL was a closed league the clubs would be worth even more.

WE know all this - potential buyers either don't or don't accept it...to them, we are a club in a rust bucket area of fallen industry(they think of Detroit if they are Yanks)whereas Spurs are in London, can attract a higher-paid fan, therefore will pay higher ST prices & buy more goods and will be more attractive to foreign fans.

I know much of it isn't true, but that's what they think and lets face it, as I said on another thread our gates would drop like a stone if ST prices were raised without an improvement in football.

this is the problem, people from outside the region think we are still flat caps and whippets along with fallen industry, whereas Newcastle is one of the most beautiful cities i know, tremendous character, architecture, great genuine people, modernised and cultured with some of the most naturally beautiful surrounding areas in the country such as Northumbelrand and Durham. Just look at the spectacular view on the Quayside with all of the bridges, old buildings, the old Baltic flour mill and the Sage as a backdrop.

i'd pay full whack for a season ticket if it meant some effort and investment.

this is the problem, people from outside the region think we are still flat caps and whippets along with fallen industry, whereas Newcastle is one of the most beautiful cities i know, tremendous character, architecture, great genuine people, modernised and cultured with some of the most naturally beautiful surrounding areas in the country such as Northumbelrand and Durham. Just look at the spectacular view on the Quayside with all of the bridges, old buildings, the Baltic and the Sage as a backdrop.

i'd pay full whack for a season ticket if it meant some effort and investment.

Did some tectonic cataclysm happen to the Scandinavian peninsula?  Not on my CNN feed.