Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Newcastle United has today banned the Daily Telegraph with immediate effect following a report published in its paper yesterday (Thursday, 11th September), headlined 'Newcastle United For Sale As Ashley Eyes Rangers', as well as a follow-up article from the same reporter which appears in the Daily Telegraph today (Friday, 12th September).

The reports by Luke Edwards on 11th September, and again today (12th September), are wholly inaccurate and written with the intention of unsettling the Club, players and its supporters.

This is disgraceful journalism for which the Club and its supporters should receive a full and unreserved apology from those concerned.

The truth is Mike Ashley remains committed to Newcastle United.

For the avoidance of doubt, this means that for the remainder of this season and AT LEAST until the end of next season, Mike Ashley will not, under any circumstances, sell Newcastle United at any price.

The Club cannot be stronger in stating its position on this matter.

It is not acceptable for newspapers to print factually inaccurate reports that are damaging to the Club and to fail to check facts with Newcastle United ahead of publication and then expect to receive access to the Club.

Newcastle United will not tolerate this and will take such action as it deems appropriate.

The ban extends to all reporters working for, or freelancing on behalf of, the Daily Telegraph, as well as Luke Edwards in any capacity he may have working for the paper's sister title or on a freelance basis.

:spit:

Anyone reckon he's going to use the excess TV money to repay his loan and sell the club minus them?

is there an alternative to that?

could he realistically pay himself all the TV money while keeping the loan and then insist on the loan as part of the sale?

can't see any buyers going for that personally

Anyone reckon he's going to use the excess TV money to repay his loan and sell the club minus them?

could he realistically pay himself all the TV money while keeping the loan and then insist on the loan as part of the sale?

I should imagine this is what he's hoping for.

it would literally break me if he could pull that off :lol:

There's nothing to stop him taking the TV cash out of the club (for himself) It's what the Oyston's have been doing at Blackpool, for the last 3-4 years.

aye but if you were a buyer coming in to the books and he'd just took 130m or something out of the club then asked for 130m debt as part of the sale you'd tell him to fuck off

then again he could pay the loan off and just demand what he wants for the club anyway i suppose

There's nothing to stop him taking the TV cash out of the club (for himself) It's what the Oyston's have been doing at Blackpool, for the last 3-4 years.

aye but if you were a buyer coming in to the books and he'd just took 130m or something out of the club then asked for 130m debt as part of the sale you'd tell him to f*** off

then again he could pay the loan off and just demand what he wants for the club anyway i suppose

Not if they wanted to milk the TV money too.

It'd just be the cost of doing business.

it would literally break me if he could pull that off :lol:

:lol: Either way, we aren't seeing the TV money so you shouldn't let it get you down  :lol:

So are Rangers expected to go back up this season? Season after would be a reasonable amount to wait to see if they've got enough to stay up before buying, I suppose? sorry haven't read this thread after the announcement, but that seems like an oddly specific time to announce so it feels like there should be some reasoning behind it.