Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If you search this forum it shouldn't be too difficult to find links to assorted tripe on Rangers forums. Regarding how well Mike Ashley backs us and gets no thanks cause we're all deluded etc.

We're a 'provincial club' was a recent one I saw on swallowswallow.com - apparently no bigger than Blackburn Rovers. Oddly, Blackburn seem to be getting bigger gates than Rangers at the moment.

Blackburn won the premier League.

Forest won back-to-back European Cups - does that make them a bigger side than us?

Anyone who suggests we're a provincial club is just shooting themselves in the foot with a wildly subjective point. More so when Ibrox is getting about 14,000 for some home games these days.

To be fair, they are voting with their feet and not turning up which is something we could learn from as a fanbase

I wouldn't argue with that. I've a fantasy of us being on Sky versus someone half-decent and only 2,000 mags in the ground.

Guest Roger Kint

Where's this cra* come from he's loaded ? It's often bandied about he's worth £4billion.. his remaining stake is only worth £2475million. I'd be mortified if I lost 38% of my wealth... no wonder he can't think straight about a replacement for Pardpoo. :frantic:

Wait you think every penny he owns is solely in SD shares? So he has to sell a few everytime he fills the Aston Martin? :lol:

Where's this cra* come from he's loaded ? It's often bandied about he's worth £4billion.. his remaining stake is only worth £2475million. I'd be mortified if I lost 38% of my wealth... no wonder he can't think straight about a replacement for Pardpoo. :frantic:

He has his money tied up into all sorts of things.

Couldn't care less how wealthy he is tbh, I never expected him to dip into his own pocket. The problem is he won't release money which isn't even his.

The club has more than enough money to be competitive without him ever have to dip into his own pocket, the fact we don't even see that is what pisses me off.

Couldn't care less how wealthy he is tbh, I never expected him to dip into his own pocket. The problem is he won't release money which isn't even his.

The club has more than enough money to be competitive without him ever have to dip into his own pocket, the fact we don't even see that is what pisses me off.

Same that f***ing winds me up

yep, same here.  im sick of explaining it to people.

I was asked the otherday "where do you expect newcastle to be"

Its not about expecting anything its about being able to compete, take TV money away from any team and they would struggle.  I just want NUFC to have its own money.  If we are rubbish so be it but at least we've made an attempt. 

I want nothing else from Ashley, the sob has totally used NUFC.

Think I'm right in saying that in the period of the upcoming accounts we spent money on Kemen and Perez and sold Perch, Cabaye and Tavernier. About £18m up overall.

Made a £10m profit last time out, plus the TV money going up... Probably post a £50m profit if Ashley's not taken any. Just what every football fan wants to see.

Guest neesy111

Think I'm right in saying that in the period of the upcoming accounts we spent money on Kemen and Perez and sold Perch, Cabaye and Tavernier. About £18m up overall.

Made a £10m profit last time out, plus the TV money going up... Probably post a £50m profit if Ashley's not taken any. Just what every football fan wants to see.

Yet people still think he'll sell up. :lol: