Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Yes it is a conspiracy theory, but it is not impossible.

MK Dons, Swansea, Cardiff set the precedent.

If there is something I've missed please point it out. Otherwise it can't be ruled out. In fact it fits very well with Ashley's history of buying a brand then eventually taking it off the market.

So unless proven impossible can't be ruled out that he can do that.

All for the cost of Cabaye.

It is impossible.

Premier League Handbook 2014/15:

"The League’s first team competition shall consist of teams of those association football clubs playing in England and Wales not exceeding 20 in number which are from time to time members of the League."

This is not outside the reals of possibility if you ask me, the good news being he might well get killed by a Rangers fan.

As long as he can drip feed Rangers enough cash until the end of the season (with his cost-cutter in chief already in place) then he can get on with the business of selling NUFC and that's why I suspect we are dragging our heels over a new manager.

Rangers can't raise equity and no-one else is going to loan them money while Ashley is the majority creditor, meanwhile the club bleeds millions each month. He's got this one sewn up.

This is not outside the reals of possibility if you ask me, the good news being he might well get killed by a Rangers fan.

As long as he can drip feed Rangers enough cash until the end of the season (with his cost-cutter in chief already in place) then he can get on with the business of selling NUFC and that's why I suspect we are dragging our heels over a new manager.

Rangers can't raise equity and no-one else is going to loan them money while Ashley is the majority creditor, meanwhile the club bleeds millions each month. He's got this one sewn up.

He will find a way around the dual ownership/Scottish FA issue imo. Good things don't happen to this club unfortunately.

He will find a way around the dual ownership/Scottish FA issue imo. Good things don't happen to this club unfortunately.

Yup, isn't in the SFA's interests to let Rangers go to the wall again.

Also money talks

Security over Ibrox?

I predicted a couple months ago he might try to liquidate Rangers, move Newcastle to Glasgow, rename us Rangers and effectively have Rangers playing in the PL using Newcastle's licence.

Worryingly this is one step closer.

You predicted that a couple of months ago and are actually pointing it out to people?  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Security over Ibrox?

I predicted a couple months ago he might try to liquidate Rangers, move Newcastle to Glasgow, rename us Rangers and effectively have Rangers playing in the PL using Newcastle's licence.

WOW.

Security over Ibrox?

Had to sig this bollocks like.

He knows they won't be able to pay him back. This is a 'loan to own' investment. Once Rangers fail to repay him, he has the physical assets required to run a football club. As he has security there is no need to force administration to take control of the assets, he simply sets the enforcement process in motion regardless of the state of play of any other debts within the business.

Then when the football club runs out of cash for the Nth time and the sale (or admin) processes begin, he makes his token bid for the club. No-one else will bother bidding, as he has no intention of letting any other bidder use his stadium or his training ground, so he can be the only show in town. Even if he can't buy the current club, he is the most likely candidate to set up Rangers 3 and begin again back in the third division.

Agree and fingers crossed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7185687.stm

"He said he is desperate to bring silverware to St James' Park, but more importantly he wants to see exciting football at Newcastle.

He said: "I want a team that will go all out to try to give Chelsea a walloping, that will try to stuff Tottenham and that will be brave and bold enough to attack Manchester United.""

Security over Ibrox?

james found the drugs thread

Security over Ibrox?

james found the drugs thread

I was just going to comment after reading through the last 2 pages that there's some pretty serious heavy shit smoking going on in here. Total paranoia!

"He said he is desperate to bring silverware to St James' Park, but more importantly he wants to see exciting football at Newcastle.

He said: "I want a team that will go all out to try to give Chelsea a walloping, that will try to stuff Tottenham and that will be brave and bold enough to attack Manchester United.""

I'm sure it came out that he never actually said these things but could be wrong. I remember reading the quotes at the time and thinking 'this is it'

Fucken hell!