Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Ashley has been told by the Scottish fa that he can't own Newcastle and rangers and yet he is still going ahead with his takeover through the back door, his end game must be to sell us for a massive profit and complete his rangers takeover by virtual default

Guest chicken little

Ashley has been told by the Scottish fa that he can't own Newcastle and rangers and yet he is still going ahead with his takeover through the back door, his end game must be to sell us for a massive profit and complete his rangers takeover by virtual default

doubt that bit like

doubt that bit like

Selling Newcastle for anything more than £0 is a massive profit, look at the numbers. Off the top of my head, Sports Direct shares, last summer were up over 400% from when he first bought the club. It's served its purpose magnificently for him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7185687.stm

"He said he is desperate to bring silverware to St James' Park, but more importantly he wants to see exciting football at Newcastle.

He said: "I want a team that will go all out to try to give Chelsea a walloping, that will try to stuff Tottenham and that will be brave and bold enough to attack Manchester United.""

I'm sure it came out that he never actually said these things but could be wrong. I remember reading the quotes at the time and thinking 'this is it'

Ashley never gives interviews and Im pretty sure the paper made this guff up.  Its everything NUFC fans wanted to hear, where in reality we constantly get told the opposite, cant compete , 5 year plans, no money...

"wallop"

Such a northern expression, no way would Ashley used that kind of word.

IT came out on a sunday, to sell papers.

Load of guff.

"He said he is desperate to bring silverware to St James' Park, but more importantly he wants to see exciting football at Newcastle.

He said: "I want a team that will go all out to try to give Chelsea a walloping, that will try to stuff Tottenham and that will be brave and bold enough to attack Manchester United.""

I'm sure it came out that he never actually said these things but could be wrong. I remember reading the quotes at the time and thinking 'this is it'

Ashley never gives interviews and Im pretty sure the paper made this guff up.  Its everything NUFC fans wanted to hear, where in reality we constantly get told the opposite, cant compete , 5 year plans, no money...

"wallop"

Load of guff.

That is simply not true. Before the relegation/promotion there were plenty of statements from Ashley, Mort and Llambias indicating a similar level of ambition. Hell, Keegan was ordered to London for crunch talks for daring to suggest top four might be beyond us without very significant investment.

Is there anything to stop him buying Rangers and just jumping ship, taking his loan and buggering off without us having a buyer?

He doesn't really need to buy Rangers, he's positioning himself now to own all of the assets (and he already has the retail tied up) he can own everything of worth and let someone else run the troublesome football side whilst having to pay him for the privilege.

You have to admire his balls tbh, he really doesn't give a fuck does he :)

Hard not to agree, if only he would show some balls and give it a real shot with us.  I completely get the financial stability bit, I am even happy for him to get his loan back - I get all that, I just wish he would do it in a transparent way (not hiding profits etc), without his tat advertising all over the place and show some ambition.

Guest Roger Kint

Is there anything to stop him buying Rangers and just jumping ship, taking his loan and buggering off without us having a buyer?

He doesn't really need to buy Rangers, he's positioning himself now to own all of the assets (and he already has the retail tied up) he can own everything of worth and let someone else run the troublesome football side whilst having to pay him for the privilege.

This. He has basically owned all the profitable parts of the club for a year or so now, no need to buy them

You have to admire his balls tbh, he really doesn't give a f*** does he :)

Most dictators worldwide with enough power (money) at their disposal act like they can take the world on. If he would show just a bit of interest in us I would rpobably like the bloke and the way he continiously sticks two fingers up at everything and anything...

"wallop"

Load of guff.

That is simply not true. Before the relegation/promotion there were plenty of statements from Ashley, Mort and Llambias indicating a similar level of ambition. Hell, Keegan was ordered to London for crunch talks for daring to suggest top four might be beyond us without very significant investment.

Ashley never came out and said a peep.  Mort may have done but I dont ever recall them saying they wanted to compete at the very top.

You have to admire his balls tbh, he really doesn't give a f*** does he :)

Most dictators worldwide with enough power (money) at their disposal act like they can take the world on. If he would show just a bit of interest in us I would rpobably like the bloke and the way he continiously sticks two fingers up at everything and anything...

He could potentially be an amazing owner, unfortunately sometimes the people who he sticks two fingers up to are his own customers.

"wallop"

Load of guff.

Ashley never came out and said a peep.  Mort may have done but I dont ever recall them saying they wanted to compete at the very top.

Just because you can't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen.

"wallop"

Load of guff.

Just because you can't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Wooaaah calm down, have you got sand in your vagina?

Show me the quotes where ashley, mort or llambias have said any of the above.

doubt that bit like

Selling Newcastle for anything more than £0 is a massive profit, look at the numbers. Off the top of my head, Sports Direct shares, last summer were up over 400% from when he first bought the club. It's served its purpose magnificently for him.

There is more to it than that. Since he bought us the likes of JJB have fallen where he has invested to buy a lot of their stores, JD Sports went in a bad spell and he bought a % in them. He has bought various other businesses under Sports Direct. Some of the businesses he bought were suppliers to Sports Direct. Yes since he bought us Sports Direct has increased massively, however to say that's down to his ownership of us would be the wrong conclusion, all you see there is a correlation and if you look closer you'll see the true cause and effect.

I think a lot of Sports Direct's success is down to stuff that has happened completely independent of NUFC. Obviously the advertising is good for them, but the economic downturn, buying up competitors and other brands, all that stuff has helped them dominate the market.

"wallop"

Load of guff.