Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Mike Ashley has been found in breach of SFA dual ownership rules & has been fined £7,500

f***ing hell.

That will learn him.

:lol:

He spends more than that in daft bets.   

FFS that is a pathetic fine in so many ways ,cannot believe they had the cheek to issue it and probably laughed sticking it in the post box

I've been quite vocal about the s*** sandwich he's feeding us in terms of  commercial and match day income.

It's clear that this becomes less of an issue as TV money increases exponentially though.

It's not less of an issue, he's still depriving us of cash.

I've been quite vocal about the s*** sandwich he's feeding us in terms of  commercial and match day income.

It's clear that this becomes less of an issue as TV money increases exponentially though.

Yes and no. Whilst the TV money distribution is fairly evenly balanced, there are still huge differences in absolute terms (in the order of tens of millions) between finishing lower midtable and higher midtable. Ashley has turned us from an upper midtable team to a lower midtable team by neglecting the development of other important revenue streams for his own benefit. That 90 million for example of "lost revenue" compared to West Ham would probably have seen us in a much better position than them if reinvested wisely, but as of right now they are probably in a better position than us. The same goes for a number of other clubs, including Southampton, Swansea and Stoke. The growing influence of TV revenue doesn't exonerate the failure to develop other revenue streams, for which we will continue to pay the price in years to come, particularly in terms of lost TV revenue ironically.

318th richest person on the planet according to Forbes.

Aye, but he might fall down as low as 400 if he spends anything.

well he was 306th on Sunday so i guess you could be right.

I've been quite vocal about the shit sandwich he's feeding us in terms of  commercial and match day income.

I don't understand why this is important when everyone else in the league (i.e. our rivals) will see the same increases in TV revenue.

Yes we might start spending a bit more money but other teams in the league will do the same and then some.  I understand what you're saying about TV money becoming a bigger proportion of all revenue but the same goes for all clubs and we've seen before it usually leads to another increase in wages across the board and not much else.

I don't understand why this is important when everyone else in the league (i.e. our rivals) will see the same increases in TV revenue.

Yes we might start spending a bit more money but other teams in the league will do the same and then some.  I understand what you're saying about TV money becoming a bigger proportion of all revenue but the same goes for all clubs and we've seen before it usually leads to another increase in wages across the board and not much else.

Agree with this - surely other revenue streams are what will differentiate us from other teams, even if they make up a smaller proportion of our overall turnover?

Will be interesting to see if the new tv deal makes wages go up even further.  I suppose the one thing it does do is massively increase the Premier League's spending power relative to the rest of Europe though.

Guest Roger Kint

Mike Ashley has been found in breach of SFA dual ownership rules & has been fined £7,500

f***ing hell.

That will learn him.

Why do the SFA do this? :lol: such a pathetically low amount

Learnt from the best with UEFA and FIFA in charge :lol:

f***ing hell.

That will learn him.

Why do the SFA do this? :lol: such a pathetically low amount

Because it's new Rangers related and they are corrupt

Conservatively estimating his wealth at £3.75b means he could pay that £7500.00 fine EVERY DAY for the next 500,000 days before he'd be skint (and that's not even allowing for interest build up in the meantime).

That's about 1370 years before his money would run out.

Top work SFA.

I find myself defending Ashley far more frequently than I'm comfortable with... but billionaires don't get special multi-million pound parking tickets.  They couldn't exactly strip him of 10% of his wealth.  The fine is a nominal amount only to flag the wrongdoing.  The important punishment would have been to have his controlling position at Rangers removed, but given the recent resignations and those about to follow, he has no control at the club any more.

I've been quite vocal about the shit sandwich he's feeding us in terms of  commercial and match day income.

Ashley has not increased wages from the level they were at since arriving (well, only 3%).  All other clubs have increased wages an average of 180% in that time.  We've not made an operating profit either so the only money to be spent on Transfers has been what we've earned from sales.

We've lost ground to all those other clubs in terms of what we spend. But we're still in the group outside the top 6 where tens of millions more has been borrowed and spent.

From now on we should be able to grow at easily the same rate those other teams do, but more realistically faster.  Unlike the other clubs, rather than paying off debt or interest on debt, any growth in broadcasting income nufc receive can be spent on new players and increased wages without adding to debt.  The amount of debt and interest payments to finance it for other clubs will only increase as they can secure more borrowing on future TV income.  They're paying significant sums to cover the cost of what was spent to get them where they are now,  we'll pay nothing because the painful groundwork has been done over 7 awful years of  scraping the barrell, with the owner accepting the financial risk if it led to relegation.

Ashley has not increased wages from the level they were at since arriving (well, only 3%).  All other clubs have increased wages an average of 180% in that time.  We've not made an operating profit either so the only money to be spent on Transfers has been what we've earned from sales.

We've lost ground to all those other clubs in terms of what we spend. But we're still in the group outside the top 6 where tens of millions more has been borrowed and spent.

From now on we should be able to grow at easily the same rate those other teams do, but more realistically faster.  Unlike the other clubs, rather than paying off debt or interest on debt, any growth in broadcasting income nufc receive can be spent on new players and increased wages without adding to debt.  The amount of debt and interest payments to finance it for other clubs will only increase as they can secure more borrowing on future TV income.  They're paying significant sums to cover the cost of what was spent to get them where they are now,  we'll pay nothing because the painful groundwork has been done over 7 awful years of  scraping the barrell, with the owner accepting the financial risk if it led to relegation.

Plenty have (perfectly reasonably) become increasingly suspicious as to whether we'll see any actual positives from the policy.

Fingers crossed though. Nice to at least have some potential positives to hold on to while wading through shit. :thup:

Plenty have (perfectly reasonably) become increasingly suspicious as to whether we'll see any actual positives from the policy.

Fingers crossed though. Nice to at least have some potential positives to hold on to while wading through shit. :thup:

Aye.  There's plenty of remaining disgraceful policies that make Ashley a twat.  We can't quantify the transfer of funds from NUFC to his shops under the mechanisms he has in place for advertising, retail and kit production (Puma deals havce added no recognisable bump in income). 

We're not going to sell out for the visit of Man U either, because he won't sell tickets publicly.  Same with Arsenal coming up.  He'd rather push memberships and half season tickets. 

But then, even that piss take of a policy is driving up the matchday income and adding to the coffers.  Only Man City have grown their matchday income more than NUFC over the past 5 years.  These are the only  2 clubs who don't publish ticket prices and categorisations clearly on their site from day 1 of the season.  They're shitting on fans with fluctuating prices and picking numbers out of the air on a game by game basis, but the cut-throat policy is driving revenue growth at a rate to oustrip peers.

From a Glasgow Rangers messageboard:

How the Newcastle fans must look at our support with envy at how we have chased the fat cockney and his minions from our door.

We really do. Wish we could do the same thing  :knuppel2: