Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

"The chairman should be Shearer" : some guy on totalsport :lol:

If we had a different owner, I could see him/her/them installing someone like Big Al in a leadership role at the club. We badly need someone in there who actually gives a shit about this club, and actually knows it inside out, and what the fans appreciate and expect. Not pencil pushers.

No way is Ashley even approaching Big Al at a charity gig let alone to offer him a fucking job, though :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

"The chairman should be Shearer" : some guy on totalsport :lol:

Fucking stupid pissed up cunt  " AAh seen Duncan Edwaads " ... fuckin muppet :  )

I was just saying this on Facebook. If it was Man U or Liverpool he had ruined he'd need security with him 24/7 and his shops would be ashes.

I think initially there was that reaction (the fat cockney bastard protests, etc.), but he's worked us over like a battered wife, with a slow drip of incrementally lowering expectations and, like a master abuser, chipping away at our self-esteem to the point where now many fans think "yes, this is our level."

It should be fucking criminal.

I was just saying this on Facebook. If it was Man U or Liverpool he had ruined he'd need security with him 24/7 and his shops would be ashes.

a fair number of the fans who still go were still thinking it was all rosey again after the window.

Guest neesy111

a fair number of the fans who still go were still thinking it was all rosey again after the window.

So many of our fanbase are simpletons.  It's what Shepherd did, just spend some cash 1-2 years too late to keep fans happy.

The club is dysfunctional on all levels.

So many of our fanbase are simpletons.  It's what Shepherd did, just spend some cash 1-2 years too late to keep fans happy.

Yep.

'Spend a few quid and that'll shut the stupid cunts up' seems to have been the order of the day.

Wasn't it Soccernomics, amongst others, who broadly correlate success and league position with wage bill? If so, is it any wonder we're rapidly disintegrating as a competitive entity while someone like Stoke continue to improve.

Pretty certain our wage bill is a lot higher than 19th place

Yep.

'Spend a few quid and that'll shut the stupid cunts up' seems to have been the order of the day.

You could easily be talking about the press there. How often do we hear "you can't blame Mike Ashley after he spent £x"?