Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

There's a load of sheep/fans that go now with a clueless mentality.  aside from mock them in their laughable attempts at support which includes the minute tributes, some education or re-education is needed.

Only thing different now from the compensation case days is that no player has been brought in against Rafa's wishes.  The deceit over bidding for a player is still there.  Mind this can be investigated easily enough by just asking the Palace end.

The atmosphere could turn ugly if we don't get a performance on Saturday. By then the news that Rafa's been stabbed in the back will have filtered through to the general public so I would bet Ashley won't be in the stands this week.

So can someone sum up what im getting here.

Rafa didnt get his targets and now has the lip on because of it, we are rightly blaming the cronies for it and Rafa is close to walking because of it?

Is that fact or just what we are thinking.

Sorry i just have had time to go through all threads.

Rafa didnt get his targets and now has the lip on because of it, we are rightly blaming the cronies for it and Rafa is close to walking because of it?

Its speculation, tbh.

Im 90% sure the worse case is the reality.

Don't know why everyone blames Ashley.  It's clearly the fault of Charnley.  He is the one that ultimately decides whether to pay the asking price for transfers.  It's plainly obvious Charnley was not prepared to pay palace any more than we got for Townsend and I think he was right.  I also believe he was right not to increase the £15m offer for Mccarthy as I don't believe he is even worth the £13m Everton paid for him.

This has to be someone working for the club :lol:

Don't know why everyone blames Ashley.  It's clearly the fault of Charnley.  He is the one that ultimately decides whether to pay the asking price for transfers.  It's plainly obvious Charnley was not prepared to pay palace any more than we got for Townsend and I think he was right.  I also believe he was right not to increase the £15m offer for Mccarthy as I don't believe he is even worth the £13m Everton paid for him.

This has to be someone working for the club :lol:

Its Mike himself.

Its speculation, tbh.

If there's one thing all of us, even the likes of Ian W, must have learnt in the last 10 years it's that with this lot where there's smoke, there's a fucking ccolossal bonfire.

Guest neesy111

Its speculation, tbh.

If there's one thing all of us, even the likes of Ian W, must have learnt in the last 10 years it's that with this lot where there's smoke, there's a fucking ccolossal bonfire.

Only 10 years of ashley. :anguish:  Feels like a lifetime.

Its speculation, tbh.

If there's one thing all of us, even the likes of Ian W, must have learnt in the last 10 years it's that with this lot where there's smoke, there's a f***ing ccolossal bonfire.

Only 10 years of ashley. :anguish:  Feels like a lifetime.

Amazing how the stature of the club has whittled away in that time. Two years prior we were beating Liverpool to the signing of Englands best striker from Real fuckin Madrid.

Second best striker, but yeah, true enough.

And Liverpool were barely interested and didn't come close to matching our offer for him, but yeah, other than that, true enough.

I think his point is we were paying big money for a proven international player because mid-table mediocrity wasn't good enough. Things are unrecognisable from that.

Think my days as a fan are numbered tbh. Obviously you expect ups and downs but so many downs with this lot. Even when things seem rosy you're always waiting for it to go wrong. Even if we go up there's every chance Ashley will give Rafa, a proven manager who offered hope, no option but to leave. It's football and you have to put some perspective on it, but it just makes me miserable for so much of the time. Find my self coming home from SJP after a s**t result and envying shoppers etc who just don't care.

And what a great signing he was too.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/michael-owen-poses-after-signing-for-newcastle-united-at-st-james-on-picture-id53566802

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was some signing at the time. Cant remember this many turning out when we signed Daryl Murphy like. :lol:

And what a great signing he was too.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/michael-owen-poses-after-signing-for-newcastle-united-at-st-james-on-picture-id53566802

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was some signing at the time. Cant remember this many turning out when we signed Daryl Murphy like. :lol:

True enough. We were on our downward slope even then but as supporters we were not giving up on it yet. Amazing what real hope gives to a club. :thup:

It's gone from Rafa and Charnley having discussions every day to Rafa not knowing what's going on and that is a big, big change. Rafa seemed really disgruntled last night and clearly not happy.  Ashley has appeared back in the decision making and Carr seems to have got a lot of influence again.  If people aren't worried about this they must have there heads up there arses (or Ashley's)

I've followed my team for 65 years (now 73)  and if Rafa goes that is the end for me.