Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Wouldn't Rafa have gotten in front of this or had any wind of this before cracking a Fernando Torres joke and looking relatively normal in the post match interview?

Anyway, hopefully its just a shit article or a bad tip that made this bloke write this crap.

Gotta stay focused on getting the fuck out of this division, Ashley, don't fuck this lifeline up.

If there is even a grain of truth in this report, Rafa will def be away at the end of the season. If he gets the club promoted, his reputation will be even stronger and there will be no shortage of clubs willing to take him, both in the PL and overseas.

Anyone who goes back to SJP if Rafa is forced out by Ashley's alleged transfer policy is a fool and would deserve all they get - NOTHING for their money.

If this is true, Ashley is either a plant, doing the club down for his London buddies like Spurs, or even more idiotic than anyone thought he was...and that is some achievement.

There will be no more tolerance of his regime by many supporters if Rafa goes....let us hope this is more press trouble-making but I don't believe they would have been so specific about it had there not been some fire behind the smoke.

Could be truth in it.  He's probably looking at the money to be made from selling players to Chinese clubs.

Absolutely shambolic if it is.

Why would the Chinese market be relevant to buying young players? The Chinese teams are all about buying 'names'. Can't see any connection at all.

In Ashley's world, all our 'young prospects' are going to turn into World-beaters and will THEN be sold to the Chinese at Ronaldoesque prices...except NONE of our young signings have turned into top PL players, let alone World-beaters....

It is just a random article from someone who knows fuck all.

Except it's from our media partners who've been consistently right about this sort of thing.

if it was Simon Bird writing it I'd pay more attention to it. As it is its a random report out there, might be true but until one of the more reliable local journalists also saying it theres not much point worrying about.

Also tbf buying players whose value will increase is fairly standard procedure for most clubs I don't have a problem with it its the policy of getting players to come here with only the intention of selling them on instead of trying to improve the clubs standing steadily.

Things aren't going to well and a tabloid just happens to come out with a disruptive article, well I'm fucking shocked :lol:  We'll see very soon if any of it is true, because our manager wouldn't accept that kind of interference.  My bet is its nothing but opportunism.  We haven't signed anyone in January so its very easy to play on peoples fears to sell papers.

It wouldn't be surprising. I would hope this means Rafa gets a shortlist of players to pick from and he can work the budget himself, rather than a more DoF model that we operated before.

I would be surprised if this wasn't in the contract and that Rafa wasn't aware of this.

Ashley made a surprise appearance before the FA Cup tie at Birmingham City last weekend, and made it clear he wanted to sign youngsters who would have sell-on value in the future.

Yeah, I'm sure he just turned up at the Birmingham cup game and decided to "make it clear he wanted to sign youngsters who would have sell-on value in the future."

Because that's just what you do when you turn up for a match isn't it? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

My prediction... Rafa will takes us up and then will leave to take over West Ham. And Ashley will be happy with that!

I hope you put the green bins out when it is blue bin week.

Who's to say I take the bins out! Let's not get of the subject here. We are struggling through poor recruitment . Recruitment is probably the most important part of the modern game.

You don't take the bins out?  Get your manservant to do it for you?  Well la-de-da Mr too good to cart his own trash.

The Mirror also have this quote from Rafa, which people seem to be ignoring -

'It's not an easy window. We had our targets but when you start talking to clubs it’s almost impossible because they ask for big money or don’t want to sell. We tried and clubs were telling us, ‘No, he’s not for sale,’ or ‘he’s £20m'.

That doesn't indicate a major breach of trust between owner and manager.

The rewards and penalties for promotion to and relegation from the Premiership are so huge now that the price for players who can make a difference is bound to inflate more and more. I suspect if Ashley has become more involved recently it's because in order to buy such players we need to go over-budget.

The Mirror also have this quote from Rafa, which people seem to be ignoring -

'It's not an easy window. We had our targets but when you start talking to clubs it’s almost impossible because they ask for big money or don’t want to sell. We tried and clubs were telling us, ‘No, he’s not for sale,’ or ‘he’s £20m'.

That doesn't indicate a major breach of trust between owner and manager.

The rewards and penalties for promotion to and relegation from the Premiership are so huge now that the price for players who can make a difference is bound to inflate more and more. I suspect if Ashley has become more involved recently it's because in order to buy such players we need to go over-budget.

nailed it,  a non story