Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

MLSE have been rumoured to be interested in buying a Premier League team for years. I wonder if they would like to add to their collection of big unsuccessful teams by buying us. They have just sold the naming rights to the Air Canada Centre for $800m, which will now be called the Scotiabank Centre or similar.

"But he's pumped his own money in.........."

Just thinking, I reckon we lose around £15m a year at least (that's me being conservative) in lost advertising revenue, retail income and poor commercial deals: add 2 relegations; not taking cups seriously (lost revenue), sell in order to buy policy; I reckon over his tentute that's at £250m the club has lost

Its fucking scandalous

It's a catch 22 as far as I'm concerned. He wants to sell, he's relialsed he made a error in the first place, and wants to nearly double his money. He thinks that a good balance sheet and a premier league team is what buyers want after all he is a business man. But because of the lack of money/ambition no one is willing to pay his asking price as the team is mediocre and constantly flirts with and are relegated. Buyers want to buy a club with ambition and not have to start from scratch to get us up where we belong after paying over the odds for the club. So until something changes, money/ambition or a super rich buyer willing to cough up, nothing will change.