Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

MLSE have been rumoured to be interested in buying a Premier League team for years. I wonder if they would like to add to their collection of big unsuccessful teams by buying us. They have just sold the naming rights to the Air Canada Centre for $800m, which will now be called the Scotiabank Centre or similar.

"But he's pumped his own money in.........."

Just thinking, I reckon we lose around £15m a year at least (that's me being conservative) in lost advertising revenue, retail income and poor commercial deals: add 2 relegations; not taking cups seriously (lost revenue), sell in order to buy policy; I reckon over his tentute that's at £250m the club has lost

Its fucking scandalous

That was bang in the middle of our shit season under Roeder when we could have easily went down. Makes you wonder if the whole thing had been agreed between Hall & Ashley at that point but was dependent on us maintaining our Premier League status.

It's a catch 22 as far as I'm concerned. He wants to sell, he's relialsed he made a error in the first place, and wants to nearly double his money. He thinks that a good balance sheet and a premier league team is what buyers want after all he is a business man. But because of the lack of money/ambition no one is willing to pay his asking price as the team is mediocre and constantly flirts with and are relegated. Buyers want to buy a club with ambition and not have to start from scratch to get us up where we belong after paying over the odds for the club. So until something changes, money/ambition or a super rich buyer willing to cough up, nothing will change.