Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Ashley will without doubt fuck this up, he'll probably raise his price at the last minute and everything will collapse - c'mon guys, you know we're not lucky enough for anything to come of this  :hmm:

I know £28b has been mentioned as the amount that she manages, but does anyone know what actual wealth she's likely to have at her disposal?

Theoretically 28 billion. But.

Thinks of her as your financial adviser or pension guy if you have one. Her job is to make your money grow.

Her investors won't give a flying f*** about NUFC and probably haven't even heard of us.

The one certainty is that if she invests money from the fund she manages into a football club, she is duty bound to take more money out of it than she put in.

Would you want your pension fund manager sanctioning 60 million of funds to buy Kyle Walker or 35 million to buy Jordan Pickford ? Unlikely.

She helped broker the deal for the group who have done exactly that? ???

The greatest ever example of ruining your own point, right there. Well done Benwell Lad.

You probably need to read what I wrote a little more carefully.

She brokered the deal for Man City on behalf of a mega wealthy individuals who have almost bottomless pockets and no one to answer to.

If she buys into a football club on behalf of her managed fund, then they are only in it for growth and unlikely to want much more than a sensible annual return.

Two completely different scenarios. Surely you can understand that ?

Ahh apologies, you were just throwing some random scenarios into the mix? Well then yeah, if we're bought by someone who isn't wanting to invest money then yeah, they won't invest money. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fuck me, I give up  :lol:

Give up what? I can't work out what you're trying to achieve? Just trying to educate people on how investment in a football club works?

All he did was make 2 posts stating what he thinks her role will likely be if she personally 'buys' the club; ie she will be running it with someone elses money and probably with the instruction of turning a profit as she assumingly couldn't afford to buy it herself.

That's different to the Manchester City deal as she just helped broker the deal, she has no part in actually running the club.

Wouldn't be surprised if he deliberately sabotages things just to spite us all, fat fucking wretch.

If he can leave this shitstorm £100m up he’ll be off like the clappers. He’s been lucky with both relegations, next one will be mackemesque.

I'm wondering if he has no intention of selling but wants to keep the protests at a minimum so keeps saying we're for sale. I always thought his valuation was a big excessive and he might be trying to price buyers out. Does it include the debt?

I'm wondering if he has no intention of selling but wants to keep the protests at a minimum so keeps saying we're for sale. I always thought his valuation was a big excessive and he might be trying to price buyers out. Does it include the debt?

Supposedly does, although that debt he turned into a interest free loan. What you said about having no intention of selling and him trying to fool people into thinking he does, you wouldn't put it past him and his cronies.

Supposedly does, although that debt he turned into a interest free loan. What you said about having no intention of selling and him trying to fool people into thinking he does, you wouldn't put it past him and his cronies.

I still refuse to believe there wasn't any interest that time he wanted to sell us cheap. What was it, £80 million or something? Who wouldn't buy us for that money? I'm guessing there was offers back then we don't know about.

I still refuse to believe there wasn't any interest that time he wanted to sell us cheap. What was it, £80 million or something? Who wouldn't buy us for that money? I'm guessing there was offers back then we don't know about.

Whatever the figure was, you could add £100m to it and that's why he didn't sell. I never ever thought it was a low as was quoted, he'll never sell for a loss, he's too greedy.

The financial muscle would be provided by her Gulf backers: PCP Capital Partners is worth $37billion.

No journalist writing about this seems to have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

Douglas has obviously just read that PCP have £28bn of (other people's) assets under management and then went to Google and translated that into dollars using today's FX rate of 1.32.

PCP is basically just Staveley. It's not really worth anything in and of itself and owns basically nothing.

I will continue to believe that as the journos and everyone else for that matter have no clue about whether there's any truth in this, and given the silence from the two parties themselves, that this must be an indication that both sides are abiding by the NDA that has been signed and agreed. Amanda is most likely performing some sort of pre-purchasing due diligence and having her team of solicitors and accountants analyzing the accounts and all major agreements/contracts in place.

The publicly announced price drop from £400m to £380m was Ashley's attempt to turn Steveley's interest into a concrete bid. The NDA publicly announced was a condition of either Ashley or Staveley, flip a coin and there's half a chance you're right, either way there can be only one conclusion: it is happening people.

Believe.

I will continue to believe that as the journos and everyone else for that matter have no clue about whether there's any truth in this, and given the silence from the two parties themselves, that this must be an indication that both sides are abiding by the NDA that has been signed and agreed. Amanda is most likely performing some sort of pre-purchasing due diligence and having her team of solicitors and accountants analyzing the accounts and all major agreements/contracts in place.

The publicly announced price drop from £400m to £380m was Ashley's attempt to turn Steveley's interest into a concrete bid. The NDA publicly announced was a condition of either Ashley or Staveley, flip a coin and there's half a chance you're right, either way there can be only one conclusion: it is happening people.

Believe.

:smug:

And I agree with chopey, Rafa looked far too happy when asked about it on Sunday.

Believe.

Was there an "announcement" of both the sale price and the signing of an NDA?

I thought it was just a press story rather than something concrete. Really significant if there has been.