Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I know £28b has been mentioned as the amount that she manages, but does anyone know what actual wealth she's likely to have at her disposal?

Theoretically 28 billion. But.

Thinks of her as your financial adviser or pension guy if you have one. Her job is to make your money grow.

Her investors won't give a flying f*** about NUFC and probably haven't even heard of us.

The one certainty is that if she invests money from the fund she manages into a football club, she is duty bound to take more money out of it than she put in.

Would you want your pension fund manager sanctioning 60 million of funds to buy Kyle Walker or 35 million to buy Jordan Pickford ? Unlikely.

She helped broker the deal for the group who have done exactly that? ???

The greatest ever example of ruining your own point, right there. Well done Benwell Lad.

You probably need to read what I wrote a little more carefully.

She brokered the deal for Man City on behalf of a mega wealthy individuals who have almost bottomless pockets and no one to answer to.

If she buys into a football club on behalf of her managed fund, then they are only in it for growth and unlikely to want much more than a sensible annual return.

Two completely different scenarios. Surely you can understand that ?

Ahh apologies, you were just throwing some random scenarios into the mix? Well then yeah, if we're bought by someone who isn't wanting to invest money then yeah, they won't invest money. Thanks for clearing that up.

The forum's terrible for people taking things out of context and misunderstanding posts at the moment like. It's becoming a bit of a pandemic.

Read his post back, it's clearly not at all a defence of Ashley, nor did he say he wouldn't take the chance, or anything relating to the other retorts.

Is that aimed at me? 

Guest firetotheworks

The forum's terrible for people taking things out of context and misunderstanding posts at the moment like. It's becoming a bit of a pandemic.

Read his post back, it's clearly not at all a defence of Ashley, nor did he say he wouldn't take the chance, or anything relating to the other retorts.

Is that aimed at me? 

:lol: No, but it's canny ironic that it was yet again another misunderstanding.

Is that aimed at me? 

I hadn't read his post at all or any of the others replying to him.  I was just passing comment.  :snod:

I think my comments stand, given that everyone is sick of Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

Is that aimed at me? 

I hadn't read his post at all or any of the others replying to him.  I was just passing comment.  :snod:

They do and everyone is. As I say, it wasn't in response to your post.

I would actually prefer sensible money tbh :lol:

I get why people would be excited by us hoying 500m each window at players but I really don't want us to turn into some soulless gloryhunting side. I get that that we've been soulless for the majority of Ashley as well as being shit like.

Is that aimed at me? 

They do and everyone is. As I say, it wasn't in response to your post.

:lol: treys cool.

Guest firetotheworks

I would actually prefer sensible money tbh :lol:

I get why people would be excited by us hoying 500m each window at players but I really don't want us to turn into some soulless gloryhunting side. I get that that we've been soulless for the majority of Ashley as well as being shit like.

I agree, but at the same time it's no longer a market where one club in particular can just buy who they please. It's not got to the extent where it's anything near to being a level playing field, but there are plenty of clubs that have had injections of cash beyond their incomes. I think providing it's not obviously above our means or worth in the way that it is with Man City, who were basically the equivalent of the family in Shameless winning the lottery as far as earned wealth goes, then I'm all for it. We've had enough under-investment over 10 years to vindicate spending into the hundreds of millions tbh, even if it's just until the balance is restored.

I think I'm just shit scared of success tbh :lol: I quite like being the 'sleeping giant'.

I like it when I meet a Newcastle fan from outside the area now, I doubt that'll be the case if we'd just won the double and suddenly every cunt is supports us, chiming in with their awful opinions :lol:

I think I'm just s*** scared of success tbh :lol: I quite like being the 'sleeping giant'.

I like it when I meet a Newcastle fan from outside the area now, I doubt that'll be the case if we'd just won the double and suddenly every c*** is supports us, chiming in with their awful opinions :lol:

:thup: :lol:

It'd still be fucking great though.

Guest firetotheworks

A woman has been seen at SJP and hans is already bemoaning having to deal with hypothetical plastics when we inevitably win all the cups. :lol:

I think I'm just s*** scared of success tbh :lol: I quite like being the 'sleeping giant'.

I like it when I meet a Newcastle fan from outside the area now, I doubt that'll be the case if we'd just won the double and suddenly every c*** is supports us, chiming in with their awful opinions :lol:

Wouldn't it be lovely to know how that feels. Imagine. (Actually, at this point I'd settle for the League Cup and the Pre-season Abu Dhabi Super Cup/Shield/Trophy/Medal!

I know £28b has been mentioned as the amount that she manages, but does anyone know what actual wealth she's likely to have at her disposal?

Thinks of her as your financial adviser or pension guy if you have one. Her job is to make your money grow.

Her investors won't give a flying f*** about NUFC and probably haven't even heard of us.

The one certainty is that if she invests money from the fund she manages into a football club, she is duty bound to take more money out of it than she put in.

Would you want your pension fund manager sanctioning 60 million of funds to buy Kyle Walker or 35 million to buy Jordan Pickford ? Unlikely.

The greatest ever example of ruining your own point, right there. Well done Benwell Lad.

She brokered the deal for Man City on behalf of a mega wealthy individuals who have almost bottomless pockets and no one to answer to.

If she buys into a football club on behalf of her managed fund, then they are only in it for growth and unlikely to want much more than a sensible annual return.

Ahh apologies, you were just throwing some random scenarios into the mix? Well then yeah, if we're bought by someone who isn't wanting to invest money then yeah, they won't invest money. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fuck me, I give up  :lol:

Fuck me, I give up  :lol:

Give up what? I can't work out what you're trying to achieve? Just trying to educate people on how investment in a football club works?

I want to lash 500m at the squad and dominate personally. Fuck it, we actually had a managerial roster of Pardew, kinnear, Carver and McClaren. We've earned it.

That won't happen because under Financial Fair Play. Look at what happens to PSG first.

So this is what we know about her so far.. she's into sport. Horses, football etc..

Been generally successful with her business, used her exposure while running a restaurant near Ascot to full effect. Made friends with some incredibly wealthy people from the Middle East.

Business goes from strength to strength. Is suing Barclays for about a billion over a deal gone bad.

Still has backing.

Is also at high risk to develop Huntingdons Disease within the next 10/15 years.

If this is for her, perhaps she's living out a dream and her backers are fully supportive?

Or this is just another deal for her investors.. who knows..

If it's the former.. i mean if she's coming in as Owner, given her potential illness, she's probably want to make a big splash at it and leave her mark

Anyone know what our wage bill is like compared to the rest of the clubs in the league?

Isn't it quite high at 70% or was that a press release by Bishop?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-_YNBPrRL7BA/T59PSP1IS_I/AAAAAAAAVjY/bv5yVVdmkGM/P1150014_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800

Anyone know what our wage bill is like compared to the rest of the clubs in the league?

Isn't it quite high at 70% or was that a press release by Bishop?

Will only rise once players like Kovacic sign.

Takeover done in December. Give Rafa a billion in January.

You could probably give him £50m and we'd be pushing for European places.

Get a real #10 and #9 and we are in business IMO. Obviously still depth issues in certain area  but imagine having a league average attack.