Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Handanovic - 35m

icardi - 80m

Insigne - 40m

Guedes - 50m

spunk the rest on a decent LB

Might as well get Perisic as well if we are going full on Newcastionale.

shout tbh. I dunno why no one has bought Handanovic, massively underrated keeper imo.

Inter have loads of money now and are a massive club in their own right. Always find it a bit weird when you go on about Icardi not getting a move elsewhere too

[emoji38] because its not the 90s anymore? They haven't been good for absolutely ages, they are still playing Nagatomo as a LB. They won't win Serie A, they won't do anything in the CL. So they have an easy CL level player who should be playing for a CL calibre team

They won the Champions League in this decade not that that really even matters. I think they could go close to winning the league and they have a great manager now. What teams in the CL do you think should/could buy him?

Why doesn't that matter? They haven't been a good side for absolutely ages and he's been there five seasons. Spaletti is a good manager, but they are not a good side. He'd get in the vast majority of CL sides. I'd have him over Benzema at real and Ronaldo isn't gonna last forever. PSG when Cavani jacks it in? Arsenal when they get back in?

Inter are probably going to qualify for the Champions League and I think they're a good side. They drew at Napoli last night. I think Benzema is class personally and he works brilliantly with Ronaldo which is more important for them than Benzema scoring loads of goals himself. You are talking about all these teams maybe needing him in the future so why are you surprised he's still there now?

Handanovic - 35m

icardi - 80m

Insigne - 40m

Guedes - 50m

shout tbh. I dunno why no one has bought Handanovic, massively underrated keeper imo.

Inter have loads of money now and are a massive club in their own right. Always find it a bit weird when you go on about Icardi not getting a move elsewhere too

:lol: because its not the 90s anymore? They haven't been good for absolutely ages

Pot, meet kettle.

:lol: my post about signing him was tongue in cheek like, but you can't compare Serie A and the PL anyway.  Lots of players would leave Serie A for money/status of the PL. See Lemina at Southampton

In fairness Lemina was a bench player who hardly played, someone of Icardi's ilk isn't going to a non CL team unless they have shite loads of cash.

Am sure when Ashley was buying the club the papers mentions a massive war chest. 

Spent a canny wedge that first summer, didn't we? Ashley was scarred by the failure of that summer

Net spend of about £12m.

Guest neesy111

Handanovic - 35m

icardi - 80m

Insigne - 40m

Guedes - 50m

:lol: because its not the 90s anymore? They haven't been good for absolutely ages

Pot, meet kettle.

:lol: my post about signing him was tongue in cheek like, but you can't compare Serie A and the PL anyway.  Lots of players would leave Serie A for money/status of the PL. See Lemina at Southampton

I would say fringe players would or those not getting many games.  The top players in Serie A would probably only join the big boys in the PL.

Guest neesy111

Am sure when Ashley was buying the club the papers mentions a massive war chest. 

Spent a canny wedge that first summer, didn't we? Ashley was scarred by the failure of that summer

Net spend of about £12m.

Think it was the wage bill more than transfers, when we decided to put barton, geremi etc on stupid amounts.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah we barely spent anything, and net it was almost identical.

Edit: The season after. First transfer window was about £10m net.

One thing at a time as far as I'm concerned. I'll believe in the massive war chest when we start spending it. That said, I can't imagine anyone buying a club like Newcastle and not wanting to go for glory. If you wanted to skimp, why not just buy a smaller club?

Wtf is the "data room stage" the Chronicle is talking about? I'm sure they are just making things up now.

A Due Diligence Data Room is the place where the company places copies of the financial, legal and business documents that define the history and future of the company for prospective investors to review prior to submitting a formal offer.

http://www.duediligencedataroom.com/What-is-a-Data-Room.html

I've been involved in a few company takeover processes myself (was a member of the executive management team in a company put up for sale). My experience is that 80% of initial interested parties pulls out before entering the data room stage.

O0  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

Wtf is the "data room stage" the Chronicle is talking about? I'm sure they are just making things up now.

A Due Diligence Data Room is the place where the company places copies of the financial, legal and business documents that define the history and future of the company for prospective investors to review prior to submitting a formal offer.

I've been involved in a few company takeover processes myself (was a member of the executive management team in a company put up for sale). My experience is that 80% of initial interested parties pulls out before entering the data room stage.

So in your view/experience, would getting to this stage indicate that both parties have or are close to an agreed buying/selling price?

So in your view/experience, would getting to this stage indicate that both parties have or are close to an agreed buying/selling price?

Normally not, but I have heard of processes where a price has been agreed before the data room stage and then being formalized when they have gone through all the documents. But I don't think that is the common way.

Anyway, when entering the data room process it's pretty safe to assume that they will come up with a bid in the end unless they find unexpected surprises in the data room documents. The big, big question mark is how far off it will be from Ashley's valuation of course.

In my case we had 10 interested parties. At first they were all on separate two days session where they met with the management and got an extensive company presentation and a tour of our facilities. Before being invited, our owners (a private equity company) assured through a 3rd party broker that interested parties had sufficient funds for a potential takeover (only 10 qualified although more than that marked their interest). After the two days sessions 8 of the 10 pulled out of the process of various reasons. The last two entered the data room process, and ended up having bids way below asking price rejected. When I quit the company was still up for sale.

By the way, a data room normally contains thousands of documents with tens of thousands of pages. Interested parties normally hires third party accountants and lawyers to help them with this massive process. When done properly, this will take weeks.

Guest neesy111

For a more realistic target, we should go for Giroud in January if we get taken over

I'm sure I've read his missus won't move away from London.

In my case we had 10 interested parties. At first they were all on separate two days session where they met with the management and got an extensive company presentation and a tour of our facilities. Before being invited, our owners (a private equity company) assured through a 3rd party broker that interested parties had sufficient funds for a potential takeover (only 10 qualified although more than that marked their interest). After the two days sessions 8 of the 10 pulled out of the process of various reasons. The last two entered the data room process, and ended up having bids way below asking price rejected. When I quit the company was still up for sale.

Same happened at my last company, I wasn't anything like senior enough to know the full details but we were basically told that the two parties (rival companies that were direct competitors) that had gone through our books and remained interested enough to make an offer had very different ideas. One was to offer way below the asking price, the other was to openly admit they just wanted our contracts and they'd essentially make everyone redundant. Both were rejected by our holding company and ultimately we were kept within the group.