Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Wtf is the "data room stage" the Chronicle is talking about? I'm sure they are just making things up now.

A Due Diligence Data Room is the place where the company places copies of the financial, legal and business documents that define the history and future of the company for prospective investors to review prior to submitting a formal offer.

http://www.duediligencedataroom.com/What-is-a-Data-Room.html

I've been involved in a few company takeover processes myself (was a member of the executive management team in a company put up for sale). My experience is that 80% of initial interested parties pulls out before entering the data room stage.

Cheers for explaining :thup:

So I think we can be safe to assume they are actually seriously interested then.

100%  agree with Milburn. Data room will have everything. They’ll probably call the groups for offers in 3-4 weeks. Run a 2nd round if close and then award deal. I’m hopeful that purchase and sale contract markup will be part of this too to speed it up.

In these big scale deals you don’t give NDAs or allow access unless it’s credible buyers who’ve already shown they are capable buyers and have the cash to get it done.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely nothing to say they'll offer what Ashley wants though.

This is what people are missing, they'll only have a figure they want to offer after due diligence and seeing what the club is currently earning etc.

£350m and it's done imo. He won't get his £380m asking price, but it'll not be far off.

He wants away like, he's not messing this time.

Not to derail the thread immediately after it's returned to tracks but Icardi hasn't been that great for the whole time he's been at Inter. Plenty of Inter supporters were not entirely convinced by him until very recently.

He's a good poacher but not a great allround player. He's not a patch on what Cavani was in Italy for example. This is probably the first season where his game has taken a convincing step forward. If I was a manager I wouldn't pay the money it would cost to sign him from Inter, and I don't think he's good enough for top level sides, hence why he's stayed there. This might change this season.

PCP and co will likely have their own in house and outside counsel looking at every players contracts, sponsor contracts service contracts etc. they’ll have their finance people looking at the deal itself and running through the analysis. My guess is the hardest sticking point will be the HRMC tax thing and it’s potential penalties.

If it's true about PCP actually starting their due diligence process further back than we thought, I reckon there's probably something in what a few people suggested on Monday - they've already given an indication of what they're willing to offer and it's not what Ashley wants so he's gone public in a crude attempt to try and bring others into the bidding. Likewise the comments from that lawyer mouthing off about how much interest there's been since the announcement.

This is what people are missing, they'll only have a figure they want to offer after due diligence and seeing what the club is currently earning etc.

Not true at all in every scenario. Right for some buyers but don’t discount deep pockets. Depends on the owner and business plan. An owner who values the club upon stabilization of their plan in 5 years at X. They will pay higher based on their cost of capital to purchase it. Some who have higher cost of capital will underwrite lower initial basis if they don’t believe they can grow it to a level attainable. It’s not as straight forward in this case because we’re not a club who is like Liverpool or Spurs where there isn’t so much that can be done outside of player investment. We have so many damn things you can invest in and improve.

If it's true about PCP actually starting their due diligence process further back than we thought, I reckon there's probably something in what a few people suggested on Monday - they've already given an indication of what they're willing to offer and it's not what Ashley wants so he's gone public in a crude attempt to try and bring others into the bidding. Likewise the comments from that lawyer mouthing off about how much interest there's been since the announcement.

:thup: my thoughts exactly, reckon they are the only ones serious & they are further down the line than many think.

If they are interested and aren't too far off then it would be a shame they'd let it slip over valuation. We've been having a go at Ashley for years for not wanting to pay the going rate, not great if the potential new owners won't do the same right from the beginning.

Also, even if we only have £100m to spend, i'd rather it be £50m and pay him more as long as he's gone.

£350m and it's done imo. He won't get his £380m asking price, but it'll not be far off.

If he genuinely wants away there's no way he'll let PCP walk away. Even if they won't budge from £300m he's going to more than get his money back, and that's without accounting for the free advertising for Sports Direct for 10 years,

Ok we're getting into dangerous territory here. I mean it was fun at first to day dream of a Man City type takeover. But it was like when you by a euromillions ticket, you know it's not gonna happen.

Here we are though and some of yous are planning dream teams, new stadiums and Christ knows what else.

When this goes tits up were gonna need the Samaritans on hand.

If he genuinely wants away there's no way he'll let PCP walk away. Even if they won't budge from £300m he's going to more than get his money back, and that's without accounting for the free advertising for Sports Direct for 10 years,

Disagree, I think he'd keep it. We're not talking small sums of money here, £50-80m of cash. :lol:

I also believe that if this takeover has any truth in it then there'll only be one real interested group.  Wouldn't be surprised if that group already thinks the same and we've got months of speculation ahead.

If I remember rightly, the last time Ashley advertised the club for sale there seemed to be loads of interest before it died a death with the Moat lies.  We know the logic behind the last pretend sale and it worked but if the logic behind this latest one is to try and sweep the lies that Rafa was told under the carpet then there is no escape this time round. The club could then implode with a price collapse.  Christ, im talking my way into believing this could be on now.