Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest chopey

I totally agree with this article, but I still can't understand why Ashley hasn't sacked carver it's totally baffeling considering we have been relegated before

Reading wholly accurate shit like that man, how did it come to this?

Because we let it, in a nutshell. I, and plenty others, stopped going around April 2013, but the time everyone should've refrained was the subsequent summer when our attempt to remedy finishing 16th amounted to buying no players whatsoever. Should've been blatantly obvious then, to even the thickest of the thick, where we were headed.

Reading wholly accurate s*** like that man, how did it come to this?

Because we let it, in a nutshell. I, and plenty others, stopped going around April 2013, but the time everyone should've refrained was the subsequent summer when our attempt to remedy finishing 16th amounted to buying no players whatsoever. Should've been blatantly obvious then, to even the thickest of the thick, where we were headed.

We still had a fairly decent squad more than capable of top 8 imo even after that though. I harp back on about it over & over but the team & subs bench at Villa even after that summer was the strongest I've seen in 10 years here. We were a good managerial appointment and keeping Cabaye that January away from something decent. It was that January onwards where I turned. Any slight glimmer that we had a semblance of a future under Ashley was gone then, particularly when that shocking run started.

Whether we did or didn't have a top 8 squad (we didn't), we looked certain to go down with 2 games left at HT during Wigan - Swansea. The club demonstrated in that summer window - and the following one - just how low ambitions and standards actually are. Finish 16th, job done. No need to invest.

Whether we did or didn't have a top 8 squad (we didn't), we looked certain to go down with 2 games left at HT during Wigan - Swansea. The club demonstrated in that summer window - and the following one - just how low ambitions and standards actually are. Finish 16th, job done. No need to invest.

We had a front 5 of Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, Ben Arfa & Cisse. But for Pardew, there was no reason for that not being the side all season. A good manager would have had us around 7th-8th. I know we should be aiming higher, I'm not disputing that. But money invested in the squad at this point wasn't the main problem for me, it was the sticking with Pardew.

Our first choice CB pairing was Coloccini and Williamson, or Coloccini and MYM.

Either way, not nearly good enough. Anyway, I'm talking about the moment it became abundantly clear beyond any doubt what we were in for.

Guest Roger Kint

'£23m to the good'?

Try nearer £300m - half in TV cash/prize money, the rest in free advertising for his tat emporium and club merchandise.

Quite possibly more.

:lol: Are you still banging this drum? Fucking hell man

I doubt we'll see him again at SJP this season. He's obviously not that interested in the outcome otherwise he'd have done something to stop the rot months ago.

I doubt he'll be at St James' this season because he's a coward who doesn't like being called names more than because of a lack of interest from him.

There has been no ambition for success on the field since Ashley arrived. Entirely predictable.

Fletcher, Shepherd, Keegan & The Halls at least had a go. Ashley shoved it (the notion of ambition for success) back into a coffin, and nailed the lid shut from Day 1.

Guest neesy111

There has been no ambition for success on the field since Ashley arrived. Entirely predictable.

Fletcher, Shepherd, Keegan & The Halls at least had a go. Ashley shoved it (the notion of ambition for success) back into a coffin, and nailed the lid shut from Day 1.

Fletcher was a marketing genius and ahead of his years in terms of merchandising.

'£23m to the good'?

Try nearer £300m - half in TV cash/prize money, the rest in free advertising for his tat emporium and club merchandise.

Quite possibly more.

:lol: Are you still banging this drum? f***ing hell man

You think the £23m figure is accurate? F***ing hell man  :lol:

Fletcher was a marketing genius and ahead of his years in terms of merchandising.

Fletcher was an evil bastard, had a few dealing with him

ss

That money that he just made in one fell swoop could make use into a decent side. The fat greedy dictator won't budge with any of it though. This cunt truly is the western worlds Kim Jong un. How he can be lorded for the slave labour environment he operates within his shitty empire is beyond me. Is NUFC like a slave labour camp maybe Williamson and Ryan Taylor are on zero hour contracts that's why we can't shift this shite.

The bloke is a classic case of the fat kid who was bullied in n the playground becoming the bully...I despise every inch of this pricks being

Bit of a stretch to blame Britain when the real issue with Ashley is the fact our own fans are too spineless to stop giving him money.

Yeah, I'm sure that he's more bothered that someone buys a Mag-pie on a match day than a £100m windfall plus being able to have staff employed with no commitment whatsoever for five years. Ticket prices, burger and shirt sales for a whole season probably don't reach his share price bump, never mind the economic gain he's getting from the Tory government keeping workers rights suppressed.

Our annual turnover is £130m - a massive piece of that 'mag-pie' comes from matchday/TV revenue created entirely by fans attending. That's what we should be concerned with. Not zero-hour contracts.

What will cause him to sell is his other businesses doing badly so that he has to raise capital to prop them up. As long as Sports Direct is performing well, he can accept NUFC not generating a huge amount of income in itself, while it provides completely free of charge high profile, worldwide advertising for his successful exploitative sportswear empire  that would otherwise cost a fortune. Even if NUFC was running at a loss, that's a net gain for him.

I don't know for certain but I am sure I have read that the matchday revenue only accounts for about 20% of our income, as opposed to like 60% which is TV and such likes...

Anyways...As supporters we should be concerned with both. They are linked, and they are linked by Ashley. If there is a stick to beat him with we should be doing so.