Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

ASHLEY That’s very kind. But it’s getting harder and harder. We’ve lost the last seven games in a row. The fans tried to boycott the stadium last week. John Carver couldn’t manage his way out of an unlocked Volvo. We might even get relegated

:lol: :lol:

ASHLEY That’s very kind. But it’s getting harder and harder. We’ve lost the last seven games in a row. The fans tried to boycott the stadium last week. John Carver couldn’t manage his way out of an unlocked Volvo. We might even get relegated

:lol: :lol:

:lol: I like that.

That statement about "further antagonising fans".  I don't think it's possible to fuck off the fanbase any more than they already have.

Some documentary highlighting our shady as fuck owner and his dodgy business practices is the least of my/our worries.  We already know he's a cunt of a businessman and runs his shops, outlets and factories like a first world sweatshop. 

I think the years of mediocrity, shit football and cunt managers are more of a concern to the fans. 

The only thing that could make this worse is if we go down and then appoint shithouse Carver full time. 

That statement about "further antagonising fans". I don't think it's possible to fuck off the fanbase any more than they already have.

Some documentary highlighting our shady as fuck owner and his dodgy business practices is the least of my/our worries.  We already know he's a cunt of a businessman and runs his shops, outlets and factories like a first world sweatshop. 

I think the years of mediocrity, shit football and cunt managers are more of a concern to the fans. 

The only thing that could make this worse is if we go down and then appoint shithouse Carver full time. 

John Carver appointed permanent Newcastle United manager with an 8 year contract. Joe Kinnear will be returning as Director of Football and St James' Park has been renamed 'The Mike Ashley Arena'

Mike should listen to Les Reed at Southampton...

Taken from the BBC...Reed said: "We'd like to think we have the structure to [reach the Champions League] in the next five years.

"But it's important to be established as a top-six club over that period."

If only!!!

Taken from the BBC...Reed said: "We'd like to think we have the structure to [reach the Champions League] in the next five years.

If only!!!

Ashley said he wanted us to be like Arsenal. Then after a while he realised that meant spending money and building stadiums and stuff so sacked that off, then said he wanted us to be like Aston Villa. They've then spunked millions through Martin O'Neill and the owner decided he had enough and sodded off back to America.

Strangely, not that dissimilar to us in some ways :lol:

If only!!!

Ashley said he wanted us to be like Arsenal. Then after a while he realised that meant spending money and building stadiums and stuff so sacked that off, then said he wanted us to be like Aston Villa. They've then spunked millions through Martin O'Neill and the owner decided he had enough and sodded off back to America.

They've lied from the begining...From the moment they arrived they/he had a set plan.

If only!!!

They've lied from the begining...From the moment they arrived they/he had a set plan.

They just been seeing how long they can get away with it; partially for kicks I'm sure.

unless the man himself comes out and admits that this was his plan from the off i'll not believe that personally, the first few years point to it being fuckup central with loads of erratic decision making, it was relegation that sealed our fate as an advertising vehicle imo

The guy is used to being fawned over and people parting like Moses with the sea rather than go against him. The minute the fans slighted him and expressed discontent he became spiteful whilst sustaining his commercial interests. They've been pushing it ever since. I think it's as plain as that.

unless the man himself comes out and admits that this was his plan from the off i'll not believe that personally, the first few years point to it being f***up central with loads of erratic decision making, it was relegation that sealed our fate as an advertising vehicle imo

I honestly think it was the plan from the start, he only has one business model and thats run everything at the bare minimum...Come in, strip the club back and set it up as a self sufficient entity advertising his tatty sports company.

I think Sam Allerdayce was binned due to his expensive salary and his management team, they must have looked at it and though it was cheaper to bin the lot when they did, rather than keep him and his cronies on.  I also remember a Sam Allaradyce interview and him making plans for new signings...the next minute his is binned.  I bet the signings Sam Allardyce was lining were mega expensive and Ashley had enough of him.

Once Allardyce was gone they initially flirted with Redknapp, I think Keegan contacted them out of the blue and they thought "great, fans favorite, that'll keep em happy, quids in" .  keegan wasn't going to be a mouth piece for Ashley or sports direct, im sure there is a quote or interview where KK says something along the lines of "they just want someone to stand in front of the cameras"...

Keegan knew in that preseason things were seriously off, Milner not getting a new contract depiste KK wanting to really keep him.  Milner eventually being flogged late in the window and KK not being given the money, only for Xisco and that Gonzales (?) fella to turn up.  So again, money in the bank and cheap replacements brought in.  I cant remember our net spend but it wasn't that much.

Keegan walks, Ashley fumbles about and hires a cheap option of Kinnear.  Shay Given is flogged for a fee around 6 million and N'Zogbia moved on.  Insufficient replacements come in, Nolan and R Taylor,  Kinnear then has serious heart troubles and is replaced on a temp basis by Hughton.  By this stage the club is sliding down the league and he hires Shearer for the last 8 games as its panic time.

Club gets relegated, Shearer comes up with a plan to get straight back up.  Shearer never gets a call back from Ashley, we all presume that the plan was way to expensive for what Ashley wanted.  A number of players are sold over the summer to the tune of around 35 mil. 

Silence form the club all summer, everyone is expecting NUFC to melt to the third division.

Hughton gets the job by default/cheap option. Club gets promoted cos Hughton and the players actually care.

Since we were promoted, except the season where we finished 5th the paralells with above ring out for me.

Players brought in on the cheap, best players sold mid season and club nose dives, manager quits, coach or one of Ashley's lackys gets the gig.  All the while rubbish statemes come from the club about this and that, making promises that never appear.

Its no coincidence that these things have happened.  They come out with "we've learned from our mistake"  but do it all again. They are full of it, its no mistake.  They run it bare at the bare minimum which is a calculated risk.

And in my opinion, I think Carver could still be getting that job.