Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The fact he is giving this interview now, shows how little he cares about the club.

What a stupid f***ing time to start speaking.

Exactly. Some positivity albeit slim is back and this poisonous oaf decides to open his mouth.  F*** off.

Oh for sure, it's just people take the I win sell for any price as bond - certainly not whilst the gravy train is still rolling.

If someone offers a price he is happy with , then he will sell. It really is that simple. He is a businessman not a football man.

The fact he is giving this interview now, shows how little he cares about the club.

What a stupid fucking time to start speaking.

Totally agree.

The question I've got is why now and what is the actual message? Forget what he's saying and ask what he's actually meaning to convey.

It's clearly an attempt to absolve himself because (and I said this yesterday after watching him on SSN) he fancies us to go down. Watch the interview on YT or wherever and you can tell he thinks it's a massive long shot that we'll survive.

Does anyone remember that story from last season about him having analysts working on whether we'd survive or not? Basically predicting the likelihood of staying up/going down. You have to wonder whether they're doing the same exercise this season and they don't like what they're seeing/hearing.

I don't buy that he's just shooting from the hip. I just don't think that's him. He's always been hugely wary of the media so I really don't think he gives them this, for nothing, he's certainly getting something out of it. The question is what?

NUFC Fan sympathy? Not going to happen.

Wider empathy? Perhaps but even he must see that that ship has sailed.

Is it an indirect message to Rafa about money? Very possibly. Once thing is for sure, RB would not appreciate the owner coming out like that.

Is it a message to potential buyers? Also, very possibly. There's something in the wording of 'we're stuck with each other' that almost infers, I've tried to flog'em, I can't, we're stuck together that almost invites interest/cold enquiries.

The headlines this morning of 'I wish I'd never bought NUFC' (from his preferred media partner btw) are so unhelpful, so damaging that you have to wonder how he's completely missed the point with us. It was so simple. If he'd told his board (:lol: btw) that they should appoint a manager with serious credibility from day one then we'd never be where we are, the fans would be relatively happy sitting in mid-table knowing that they'd actually started to invest properly and he'd be generating even more profit thanks to the TV deal etc.

He's made a real job of this. It's actually quite hard to get it this wrong but he has. All of the absolution in the world won't get away from the fact that it's not easy to fuck it up this badly.

The message, the tone, everything has changed so dramatically from the May2015 interview, especially given he's not had any stick at really since, makes me think he's got an agenda surrounding this interview and I can only conclude it's to either smoke out some interest from buyers or to manage expectations should we drop.

We better stay up. Looks like Rafa will be appointed to the board if we do, and he will definitely be strong enough to have an influence. McClaren was just a wet blanket that couldn't get anything done.

If Rafa keeps us up and stays and the summer recruitment etc is a disaster, and Rafa leaves, then everyone can turn against the club and revel in it burning to the ground.

Guest Roger Kint

Where was the Berahino money coming from, if we had already emptied the money?

Because he is conveniently ignoring minor details like the remainder of this seasons TV cash which that will fill the bank up again.

It's all about him seeking to shift responsibility should the almost inevitable happen, and we are relegated. It's part of this PR offensive and as I said on TF this morning, he will move on to blame the supporters soon enough. He will happily see this club crash and burn, rather than sell it to someone who would run it properly. He's a vindictive bully. Simple as that.

IYAM this is all down to him trying to win some public sympathy for himself and SD - he is trying to portray an image where is he is the innocent victim - those nasty MPs and the media hounding him for answers and damaging the reputation of SD and the NUFC personnel making mistakes with which he has no involvement yet is still blamed for.

Surely it is because of the NUFC connection that there is increased interest in how he is running SD.  He maybe trying to absolve himself of any culpability with our failings as a club but there are too many similarities in the way both SD and we are run for anyone to believe that he has no involvement.  He is certainly responsible for the current system that is in place and if he wants to disassociate himself from that then he needs to go out and hire the best Football Administrator/CEO he can and let them run NUFC as they see fit. 

The fact that he admits that he is only responsible for who is on the board is surely an admission that the failure of NUFC is his responsibility as he is not appointing staff who are fit for purpose and they have up until now been running the club according to his blueprint.

SD have not had a Financial Director for a couple of years now - and that is one of the many gripes SD investors have but as far as I am aware we have not yet replaced John Irving who resigned last year.  I guess that would be Ashley's responsibility as that was previously a board position - another example of Ashley being somewhat disingenuous.

IYAM this is all down to him trying to win some public sympathy for himself and SD - he is trying to portray an image where is he is the innocent victim - those nasty MPs and the media hounding him for answers and damaging the reputation of SD and the NUFC personnel making mistakes with which he has no involvement yet is still blamed for.

Surely it is because of the NUFC connection that there is increased interest in how he is running SD.  He maybe trying to absolve himself of any culpability with our failings as a club but there are too many similarities in the way both SD and we are run for anyone to believe that he has no involvement.  He is certainly responsible for the current system that is in place and if he wants to disassociate himself from that then he needs to go out and hire the best Football Administrator/CEO he can and let them run NUFC as they see fit. 

The fact that he admits that he is only responsible for who is on the board is surely an admission that the failure of NUFC is his responsibility as he is not appointing staff who are fit for purpose and they have up until now been running the club according to his blueprint.

SD have not had a Financial Director for a couple of years now - and that is one of the many gripes SD investors have but as far as I am aware we have not yet replaced John Irving who resigned last year.  I guess that would be Ashley's responsibility as that was previously a board position - another example of Ashley being somewhat disingenuous.

:thup:

What a stupid f***ing time to start speaking.

Totally agree.

The question I've got is why now and what is the actual message? Forget what he's saying and ask what he's actually meaning to convey.

It's clearly an attempt to absolve himself because (and I said this yesterday after watching him on SSN) he fancies us to go down. Watch the interview on YT or wherever and you can tell he thinks it's a massive long shot that we'll survive.

Does anyone remember that story from last season about him having analysts working on whether we'd survive or not? Basically predicting the likelihood of staying up/going down. You have to wonder whether they're doing the same exercise this season and they don't like what they're seeing/hearing.

I don't buy that he's just shooting from the hip. I just don't think that's him. He's always been hugely wary of the media so I really don't think he gives them this, for nothing, he's certainly getting something out of it. The question is what?

NUFC Fan sympathy? Not going to happen.

Wider empathy? Perhaps but even he must see that that ship has sailed.

Is it an indirect message to Rafa about money? Very possibly. Once thing is for sure, RB would not appreciate the owner coming out like that.

Is it a message to potential buyers? Also, very possibly. There's something in the wording of 'we're stuck with each other' that almost infers, I've tried to flog'em, I can't, we're stuck together that almost invites interest/cold enquiries.

The headlines this morning of 'I wish I'd never bought NUFC' (from his preferred media partner btw) are so unhelpful, so damaging that you have to wonder how he's completely missed the point with us. It was so simple. If he'd told his board (:lol: btw) that they should appoint a manager with serious credibility from day one then we'd never be where we are, the fans would be relatively happy sitting in mid-table knowing that they'd actually started to invest properly and he'd be generating even more profit thanks to the TV deal etc.

He's made a real job of this. It's actually quite hard to get it this wrong but he has. All of the absolution in the world won't get away from the fact that it's not easy to f*** it up this badly.

The message, the tone, everything has changed so dramatically from the May2015 interview, especially given he's not had any stick at really since, makes me think he's got an agenda surrounding this interview and I can only conclude it's to either smoke out some interest from buyers or to manage expectations should we drop.

Deserves to be on the new page.  Good posts from Wallace and Minhosa  :clap:

Guest chopey

Looks like he could go if we are relegated, God knows where we'll be this time next year in the championship with no rafa and only the dregs of a squad left

Guest Roger Kint

It's basically it a "I think we're going down and when we do, there isn't any money to rebuild so don't expect any. PS it's not my fault"

How quickly the media have forgotten 'The buck stops with me'

It's basically it a "I think we're going down and when we do, there isn't any money to rebuild so don't expect any. PS it's not my fault"

How quickly the media have forgotten 'The buck stops with me'

Yes. And him too by the sounds of it.

Can't wrap my head around this at all but, know for sure, that this is not without agenda.