Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Obviously not the best social media forethought there.

What's the situation with Hong Kong, I thought it became part of China when the UK handed it back? Wiki says:

"Hong Kong, officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, is an autonomous territory on the Pearl River Delta of China."

I'd imagine that it'd be akin to calling someone from Northern Ireland 'British', which although is technically correct, might not sit too well depending on the person?

:dontknow:

What's the situation with Hong Kong, I thought it became part of China when the UK handed it back? Wiki says:

"Hong Kong, officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, is an autonomous territory on the Pearl River Delta of China."

I'd imagine that it'd be akin to calling someone from Northern Ireland 'British', which although is technically correct, might not sit too well depending on the person?

http://www.ejinsight.com/20140618-hk-people-just-dont-like-call-themselves-chinese/

http://www.ejinsight.com/20140618-hk-people-just-dont-like-call-themselves-chinese/

Ah cheers, wasn't too far off then.

Guest firetotheworks

Fuck off is Cyrus Wong a real name.

Asian students nigh on always just choose a Western first name for living in England

Guest firetotheworks

Cyrus a Western first name?

Guarantee it'll be because of Miley Cyrus, the names they choose are mad. There are Grandma, Grandad and celebrity names all over the place among Asian students at the uni.

Guest reefatoon

Cyrus a Western first name?

Guarantee it'll be because of Miley Cyrus, the names they choose are mad. There are Grandma, Grandad and celebrity names all over the place among Asian students at the uni.

True true KI.  We had a woman on our works database who worked somewhere down South who tried to get all exotic with her first name but didn't quite pull it off. Poor Miss Fannie Chew.

Adopting a western first name is a typical Hong Kong / Singaporean / Taiwanese thing to do and not just because they come to England or anywhere else in the west.

Fairly common in mainland China too, especially amongst the younger generation.