Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Oh boy.  Just what we need.  A Mike Ashley wingman with zero prior involvement in football.

Yep, sounds f***ing great. "..managing director Lee Charnley has been forced to run most large financial decisions past him before he has been allowed to act by Ashley"

This sounds like Vetere/Jimenez all over again.

It's like ground hog day.  :facepalm:

Oh boy.  Just what we need.  A Mike Ashley wingman with zero prior involvement in football.

Yep, sounds f***ing great. "..managing director Lee Charnley has been forced to run most large financial decisions past him before he has been allowed to act by Ashley"

This sounds like Vetere/Jimenez all over again.

It doesn't sound good, but putting in a lawyer a bit different to those two clowns.

Whilst history would suggest this is a cluster-f*** in the making...it could be a great thing. I mean, Charnley is out of his depth and this bloke isn't some uneducated chancer.

It could be a wise move in order to stop being a tight-arse with the club's running and actually put some professionalism into it?

But then again... :yao:

Apparently he was brought in on 25 April? If so, that's one day before the HMRC raids.

All I know is he was around at that time, because I met a well known local journalist about something on that day and he mentioned someone (didn't give his name) had been brought in by MA above Lee Charnley. Doesn't mean he brought in on that date.

Whilst history would suggest this is a cluster-f*** in the making...it could be a great thing. I mean, Charnley is out of his depth and this bloke isn't some uneducated chancer.

It could be a wise move in order to stop being a tight-arse with the club's running and actually put some professionalism into it?

Apparently he was brought in on 25 April? If so, that's one day before the HMRC raids.

Ssssshhhhhh man!

All I know is he was around at that time, because I met a well known local journalist about something on that day and he mentioned someone (didn't give his name) had been brought in by MA above Lee Charnley. Doesn't mean he brought in on that date.

So brought in before the end of the season, before the meetings and agreements with Rafa.

We know an Ashley-bomb will drop on us eventually, only question is whether this is it. Or the Chinese thing. Or none of them. Obviously he would be absolutely mad to do anything to disrupt Rafa, but then he is quite prone to doing mad stuff.

Guest neesy111

Some people are unbelievably trusting like. After everything that's happened under Ashley. Must be Stockholm Syndrome.

:thup:

So far Rafa seems happy. The article hints that this could be aimed at bringing an investment into the club, potentially by selling a share of it or even a whole sale. This could very well be a move that is aimed at that, by rebalancing accounts, sorting out new deals with banks for overdrafts etc, all to make the club more healthy, organised, and attractive to potential buyers/investors.

He's been here since April, Rafa's happy, it's recently been reported through "sources" Ashley is open to investment, that's apparently this guy's job. Just seems like normal stuff, especially when Luke Edwards, who is almost always overly negative and wrong about Newcastle could only muster two semi-ominous lines out of that article.

Honestly, no need to worry, reading between the lines and taking into account the desire to sell a part of NUFc; this guy has been brought in to prepare the paperwork and re-order finances before presenting to external interested parties. Sounds like an internal due-diligence exercise which saves you a lot of time when trying to sell a complicated asset... Very typical in large multinationals and the likes.

There are plenty of reasons to reasons to worry. One is that Mike Ashley knows nothing about football and has a track record of very, very bad decisions when it comes to running NUFC.

Which we recently won the first battle against.

Tax officials have been banned from examining material seized from Newcastle United's ground, following a legal challenge mounted by the club.

St James' Park and West Ham United's ground were raided in April by HM Revenue and Customs as part of a £5m National Insurance fraud investigation.

Newcastle's managing director Lee Charnley was among several men arrested and later released without charge.

The ban remains in force until a court hearing on 22 June.

High Court judge Mr Justice Supperstone imposed the ban after lawyers for Newcastle United applied for a judicial review against HMRC.

He directed that any material retained by HMRC must be returned to the club. He also directed that the legal action involving the Magpies, who have just secured promotion to the Premier League, must return to court on 22 June.

It is expected the club will then have to show that it has an arguable case to take to a full judicial review hearing.

No details of the grounds of the challenge were revealed during Thursday's short court hearing.

Lawyers for both the club and HMRC said they could not provide any further information.

During the raids HMRC said it had seized business records and financial records as well as computers and mobile phones.

Having had a look at this, seems like naughty journalism to me. Clearly something to do with this tax carry on or potentially selling the club.

It's not that I trust Mike Ashley, I just don't think there's anything to read into.