Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I wasn't worried about Rafa leaving until I  heard that Ashley is set to make money if he does.

Especially with this lawyer overlooking everything, making sure Mike is doing just enough to fulfil his legal commitments.

What? ;D

I wasn't worried about Rafa leaving until I  heard that Ashley is set to make money if he does.

Especially with this lawyer overlooking everything, making sure Mike is doing just enough to fulfil his legal commitments.

Ashley will be smarter this time and the club won't hang itself again with the conference calls bullshit (where moves for the manager's top targets were sabotaged) which Keegan had to contend with.

Fuller report here - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/03/sports-direct-founder-pubs-mike-ashley

Including this bit:

"Speaking in court, Blue claimed drinking copious amounts of alcohol during business meetings was not unusual for Ashley, and that the tycoon often conducts meetings “in various unusual venues” and agrees deals orally while under the influence.

He said that during the same meeting Ashley was also on his phone finalising player transfers at his football club. “Notwithstanding the venue and the consumption of alcohol, I note that Mr Ashley was able during the evening to conduct other business, including making decisions in regards to player transfers on behalf of Newcastle United,” Blue said."

Imagine that eh. Having your effort to seal a huge transfer deal trampled all over (vetoed) by some fat, sweaty, tomato skinned pisshead. Referring to Ashley personally vetoing the Modric transfer, and FCB was partying overseas when the wheels of KK's ill-fated transfer window were falling off.

What? ;D

According to the rumour mill, if Rafa resigns HE has to pay compensation to Ashley.

What? ;D

According to the rumour mill, if Rafa resigns HE has to pay compensation to Ashley.

Why would any sane person have that clause in a contract

Surely anyone breaking a contract could be sued for compensation by the other parties involved unless otherwise stated ?

In this case, if such a thing does exist, it's most likely to be the buy out/compensation clause which are quite common in football contracts nowadays.

Surely anyone breaking a contract could be sued for compensation by the other parties involved unless otherwise stated ?

Not always. There are often legitimate reasons for nonfulfillment of contractual obligations that negate the opposing party's ability to claim damages. Mistake, frustration etc.

Not always. There are often legitimate reasons for nonfulfillment on contractual obligations that negate the opposing parties ability to claim damages. Mistake, frustration etc.

Sure :thup: I really meant breaking it just for the sake of breaking it.

Lawyers must love it when modern day football contracts break down  :lol:

What? ;D

Why would any sane person have that clause in a contract

It might be that he has sold us into a long term project where the demands from him are equalled to those of a business that wants similar demands to protect not just from poaching but also been taking for a ride from a manager that has in effect got the short n' curlies. It's a fair deal overall. If we keep our end of the deal so will he. That's how I see it. I don't buy into that so many year deal he signed. He will be here as long as the deal remains fair.

#MikeAshley agrees he doesn't write emails, letters, memos. Says he "scribbles little notes." But prefers to do things verbally.

This man runs our club.

#MikeAshley agrees he doesn't write emails, letters, memos. Says he "scribbles little notes." But prefers to do things verbally.

This man runs our club.

that way there's absolutely nothing in writing, the fucking shit head :lol:

Guest reefatoon

No, but he could follow Obi Wan Kenobi's lead and die on it.

He became one with the force, voluntary.

Yeah but that didn't quite work in the Ashley context.

No, but he could follow Obi Wan Kenobi and become one with the force, voluntarily on it, the fireplace puking c***.

No, but he could follow Obi Wan Kenobi's lead and die on it.

He became one with the force, voluntary.

Yeah but that didn't quite work in the Ashley context.

No, but he could follow Obi Wan Kenobi and become one with the force, voluntarily on it, the fireplace puking c***.

:lol: