Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest chopey

Very impressed with the triumphant vomit, I normally just slide down the side of the toilet bowl pressing my cheek against the cold porcelain to cool down my painful red face.

Fuller report here - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/03/sports-direct-founder-pubs-mike-ashley

Including this bit:

"Speaking in court, Blue claimed drinking copious amounts of alcohol during business meetings was not unusual for Ashley, and that the tycoon often conducts meetings “in various unusual venues” and agrees deals orally while under the influence.

He said that during the same meeting Ashley was also on his phone finalising player transfers at his football club. “Notwithstanding the venue and the consumption of alcohol, I note that Mr Ashley was able during the evening to conduct other business, including making decisions in regards to player transfers on behalf of Newcastle United,” Blue said."

I don't really care what he is like as a person or whatever as long as he's providing funds for Rafa and making good decisions for the club, he's not doing that right now, so at the moment he's a twat !

Guest chopey

I don't doubt any of these stories aren't true but it paints a poor picture of a bloke that has made himself billionaire from nowt he's obviously an arse but he must be Fucking clever

Newcastle are testing Rafael Benítez’s patience with tardy transfer work

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/03/newcastle-rafael-benitez-transfers-walk-out

I didn't even make it past the first paragraph:

Shortly after 8am on Monday the security barrier at a deceptively nondescript‑looking suburban football training facility was raised and Rafael Benítez’s car entered the sometimes parallel universe known as Newcastle United.

Newcastle are testing Rafael Benítez’s patience with tardy transfer work

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/03/newcastle-rafael-benitez-transfers-walk-out

I didn't even make it past the first paragraph:

Shortly after 8am on Monday the security barrier at a deceptively nondescript‑looking suburban football training facility was raised and Rafael Benítez’s car entered the sometimes parallel universe known as Newcastle United.

One guess as to who wrote the article :lol:

I read the Guardian every day and fail to see much hatred these days tbh. She supports Sunderland, obviously, but her coverage has levelled-off on account of the two clubs each being botted up their arses by shit owners. Good article.

I wasn't worried about Rafa leaving until I  heard that Ashley is set to make money if he does.

Especially with this lawyer overlooking everything, making sure Mike is doing just enough to fulfil his legal commitments.