Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Again Unbelievable missing the point by a f***ing furlong and ending another post with "Mike won't do it anyway so it doesn't matter ner ner ner ner ner" :lol:

It's easy to miss the point when Interpolic decides what the point is, even though "the point" is completely theoretical. Sorry for busting your bubble if you naively believed we were in for a manager change.

You did miss the point, I was wondering why HF hated the manager yet didn't want him sacked and you came storming in with a water pistol going on about how he wouldn't be sacked anyway.

Point or "main issue"?

I've completely lost track now mate, you appear to have lost your mind. It's a dull exchange though, for me, everyone else and presumably you too.

He's also just offered his workforce a bonus of around £4k each (I havn't worked this out like) if we won our last home game, he sounds like a fucking fantastic bloke to work for in fairness.

He offered about one fifth of the reward that the players could have earned for the club with a win.

13th: Newcastle (v Arsenal H) - As high as 10th with 12-goal swing (£8.3m), as low as 17th (£3m)

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326007/Premier-League-prize-money-table-final-game-2013-season.html#ixzz2TqqwqdBk

Shrewd.

He's also just offered his workforce a bonus of around £4k each (I havn't worked this out like) if we won our last home game, he sounds like a fucking fantastic bloke to work for in fairness.

He offered about one fifth of the reward that the players could have earned for the club with a win.

13th: Newcastle (v Arsenal H) - As high as 10th with 12-goal swing (£8.3m), as low as 17th (£3m)

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326007/Premier-League-prize-money-table-final-game-2013-season.html#ixzz2TqqwqdBk

Shrewd.

That whole thing was just an effort to detract attention from our poor league season and Pardew's comments implying we were ready to throw the game imo.

Shrewd.

:lol: Err, he didn't have to offer anything at all.

Shrewd.

It cost him nothing to make the offer...and slightly increased the chances of the club seeing anything of that extra cash.....which were always pretty slim.

It would have cost him £1m of his winnings had we won, it would be like like me offering to get the rounds in if I drop a bandit, I would still be personally losing money regardless, if I won.

Tbh I was just testing the water as for all you will claim that you are just striving for balance and fairness on the forum regarding Pardew it's pretty clear that you won't afford Ashley that same courtesy.

Guest firetotheworks

He's also just offered his workforce a bonus of around £4k each (I havn't worked this out like) if we won our last home game, he sounds like a f***ing fantastic bloke to work for in fairness.

Shrewd.

It cost him nothing to make the offer...and slightly increased the chances of the club seeing anything of that extra cash.....which were always pretty slim.

It also would have cost him nothing not to make the offer. Why isn't that obvious?

He's also just offered his workforce a bonus of around £4k each (I havn't worked this out like) if we won our last home game, he sounds like a f***ing fantastic bloke to work for in fairness.

Shrewd.

It also would have cost him nothing not to make the offer. Why isn't that obvious?

Why do you think he did it then? Again, I think it was a diversionary tactic. He doesn't so stuff where he won't gain in the end in some way.

It would have cost him £1m of his winnings had we won, it would be like like me offering to get the rounds in if I drop a bandit, I would still be personally losing money regardless, if I won.

Tbh I was just testing the water as for all you will claim that you are just striving for balance and fairness on the forum regarding Pardew it's pretty clear that you won't afford Ashley that same courtesy.

Tilting the criticism from Pardew towards Ashley on here would improve the balance.

Don't think I've been unfair on Ashley or kind to Pardew though.

I imagine most owners of large businesses don't just give their staff massive bonuses for no reason, it's always for the benefit of the company in some way, and it won't be any different with Mike.

I just don't think he's ever shown himself all that often to be a cheap and nasty man?

They wouldn't have been his winnings they would have been the clubs. 

It does nothing whatsoever to support the idea that Ashley will pay a quality manager the going rate either way....or that any manager worth their salt would work under the conditions imposed on them.

It does nothing whatsoever to support the idea that Ashley will pay a quality manager the going rate either way....or that any manager worth their salt would work under the conditions imposed on them.

He's trying to run the club in the most cost effective way he can, he always has, and he probably thought he'd hit the jackpot last season with the system he'd implemented with Pardew in charge. The only way Pardew will be in charge, or another yes man like him, will be if Ashley still believes that this is the most cost effective way to go about things.

He's trying to run the club in the most cost effective way he can, he always has, and he probably thought he'd hit the jackpot last season with the system he'd implemented with Pardew in charge. The only way Pardew will be in charge, or another yes man like him, will be if Ashley still believes that this is the most cost effective way to go about things.

Spot on

I think with Europe, lack of training/preparation time is almost more important than tiredness.

That is bat shit, if it was the case then the top teams wouldn't be the top teams every year.

I think with Europe, lack of training/preparation time is almost more important than tiredness.

That is bat shit, if it was the case then the top teams wouldn't be the top teams every year.

Not really, the top teams have stronger squads and more established teams. I'm not trying to convince anyone of this, that's pointless. I was just saying that this is the conventional thinking about the effect of the Europa League.

Not really, the top teams have stronger squads and more established teams. I'm not trying to convince anyone of this, that's pointless. I was just saying that this is the conventional thinking about the effect of the Europa League.

Our players have played less games than players at the top teams, how does a stronger squad get around that?

Guest icemanblue

The way we bounced back from the Sunderland defeat proved the importance of week-long preparation.

So many facetious, passive aggressive posts. Aimed at no one in particular, but also directly at someone, at the same time. :lol:

The way we bounced back from the Sunderland defeat proved the importance of week-long preparation.

So many facetious, passive aggressive posts. Aimed at no one in particular, but also directly at someone, at the same time. :lol:

It's the Dave way, got to love it!

Guest firetotheworks

Shrewd.

Why do you think he did it then? Again, I think it was a diversionary tactic. He doesn't so stuff where he won't gain in the end in some way.

I think he did it to make a statement and to compensate for Pardew's stupid comments. He still didn't have to do it though.

I still don't understand why Marveaux was on the pitch for so few minutes over the course of the season despite nearly always being available for selection and setting up and scoring goals a lot of the time he featured. Well I do understand it but I can't accept it.

This is likely to occur at any club where the manager isn't in charge of player recruitment. Pardew must just not see him fitting into whatever he thinks is plan. 

Shrewd.

I think he did it to make a statement and to compensate for Pardew's stupid comments. He still didn't have to do it though.

He did it 2 years ago as well though, and Pardew hadn't made any deaft comments then.

Shrewd.

He did it 2 years ago as well though, and Pardew hadn't made any deaft comments then.

Remind me what he did?

Shrewd.

Remind me what he did?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-news-Mike-Ashley-will-pay-unsung-office-staff-500k-bonus-if-team-beats-West-Brom-today-article738839.html