Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Whilst I fully expect one or two big names to move on this summer I'm also convinced that they'll only go if daft money comes in for them. They're certainly not going to go on the cheap and I also expect the cash they bring in to be pumped back into the team/squad. And I'll be absolutely fine if that happens.

Whilst I fully expect one or two big names to move on this summer I'm also convinced that they'll only go if daft money comes in for them. They're certainly not going to go on the cheap and I also expect the cash they bring in to be pumped back into the team/squad. And I'll be absolutely fine if that happens.

Ashley apologist.

Don't hold your breath for that.

You need to lighten up.

You need to lighten up.

He's just a realist. It's happened one time before in 5 years. IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. Smell the dogshit, man. Live in the real world.

Why not? like it or not eventually the 35m was invested back into the squad.

With regard to the don't-hold-your-breath thing, perhaps the key word is "eventually".

With regard to the don't-hold-your-breath thing, perhaps the key word is "eventually".

Whilst quietly pocketing all TV money in the process.

Tbh iam happy with that it meant we spent the money wisely and took our time to get the right targets, i never expected it to be spent over one transfer window....

All in all iam happy with Ashley, except for the PR disasters and stadium name change and sports direct plastered all the over place like a cheap supermarket.

Also hawk you expect every single penny that the club recieves to be spent on players?

Purely hypothetical situation:

Chelsea offer £19m for Tiote this summer. We haggle and agree on a deal for about £21m  - I'm fine with that.

We take the £21m and buy Martin or Siggurdson for about £8m, Douglas for £5m and the rest on, say, Cissokho at LB - I'm fine with that.

Certainly wouldn't be happy if we took the Tiote cash and didn't reinvest it.

I think the finances have stabilised a bit, attendances are up, prize money will be up, new sponsorship deal will bring in more, prospect of European football (more home games, more tickets sold, small amount of extra tv cash), deadwood moving off the payroll. We don't need to sell the likes of Tiote but if it's going to help move the club forward then I'm all for it. The club comes first.

Tbh iam happy with that it meant we spent the money wisely and took our time to get the right targets, i never expected it to be spent over one transfer window....

All in all iam happy with Ashley, except for the PR disasters and stadium name change and sports direct plastered all the over place like a cheap supermarket.

Also hawk you expect every single penny that the club recieves to be spent on players?

Yeah, I was only joking. I'm happy with it too. Looks like the Carroll money has been spent pretty wisely.

Yeah, I was only joking. I'm happy with it too. Looks like the Carroll money has been spent pretty wisely.

My mistake, i dont usually judge humour over the internet very well unless smileys are used  :D

Only the unspent excess turnover and not put towards the self-incurred debt of Mike Ashley. Not much to ask. Most of the debt he's paying off now is to do with the stadium mortgage which was payable upon purchase of the club. He's done a great job with the finances, don't get me wrong, but he's definitely not putting everything he could into the club that it's generating, far from it. Whether it be players or investment in commercialization of our brand.

Pocketing the money :lol:

Yes he should have done his homework before he signed but the debt was there self incurred or not and I would be amazed if Ashley has made a penny out of us. The only thing he has profited from is the free advertising.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Purely hypothetical situation:

Chelsea offer £19m for Tiote this summer. We haggle and agree on a deal for about £21m  - I'm fine with that.

We take the £21m and buy Martin or Siggurdson for about £8m, Douglas for £5m and the rest on, say, Cissokho at LB - I'm fine with that.

Certainly wouldn't be happy if we took the Tiote cash and didn't reinvest it.

I think the finances have stabilised a bit, attendances are up, prize money will be up, new sponsorship deal will bring in more, prospect of European football (more home games, more tickets sold, small amount of extra tv cash), deadwood moving off the payroll. We don't need to sell the likes of Tiote but if it's going to help move the club forward then I'm all for it. The club comes first.

Bang on Midds

He'll sell any player to anyone who waves money in his face come the summer. Lets see if the Ashley love in holds after that.

For Carroll see Tiote

Another decision like that should see us top 4 no problem ;)

Sell the lot - we'll win the fucking league.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He'll sell any player to anyone who waves money in his face come the summer. Lets see if the Ashley love in holds after that.

For Carroll see Tiote

Another decision like that should see us top 4 no problem ;)

Sell the lot - we'll win the f***ing league.

There's mileage in that from our selling/buying record

First sensible thing you've said in a while ;)