Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

A top quality manager wouldn't put up with a 70 year old dinosaur buying his players for him though. That's why we bring in managers who get sacked from lower league clubs and are grateful for what they can get.

As had been mentioned, Ashley's a control freak and a top class manager would demand far more say than what he would be prepared to give him. It just wouldn't work.

A top quality manager wouldn't put up with a 70 year old dinosaur buying his players for him though. That's why we bring in managers who get sacked from lower league clubs and are grateful for what they can get.

As had been mentioned, Ashley's a control freak and a top class manager would demand far more say than what he would be prepared to give him. It just wouldn't work.

It has and does work on the continent like but maybe you're right.

Anyway the point was that Ashley clearly isn't that smart as paying a good manager pays for itself in football, that's about all there is to it.

Apparently less than 50% who voted thought it was 'time for a change' in that Chronicle poll.

State of this comment that made it into the article as well :anguish:

Jon Offredo said: “I’m not in the Ashley Out crew yet.. There have been too many clubs who have been fiscally irresponsible and have been driven to the brink for it. I do think that Freddy Shepherd would have led us down that path. Mike Ashley told us he’d spend and he did. This past summer’s signings were all astute buys and I’m not yet convinced Thauvin is a bust. I think he needs to keep spending, and do it smartly.”

He continued: “The real question is what would come next? Foreign investment? Shadowy conglomerates? For every Mansoor, there’s been a Tan, a Shinwatra, and even a Ken Bates.. Something has to be said for the devil you know. I’d take a smartly-run investment over a play thing any day.”

Apparently less than 50% who voted thought it was 'time for a change' in that Chronicle poll.

Jon Offredo said: “I’m not in the Ashley Out crew yet.. There have been too many clubs who have been fiscally irresponsible and have been driven to the brink for it. I do think that Freddy Shepherd would have led us down that path. Mike Ashley told us he’d spend and he did. This past summer’s signings were all astute buys and I’m not yet convinced Thauvin is a bust. I think he needs to keep spending, and do it smartly.”

He continued: “The real question is what would come next? Foreign investment? Shadowy conglomerates? For every Mansoor, there’s been a Tan, a Shinwatra, and even a Ken Bates.. Something has to be said for the devil you know. I’d take a smartly-run investment over a play thing any day.”

Got to be someone from the club's PR Dept!

Got to be someone from the club's PR Dept!

Is it wrong that I actually see a lot of sense in his post? Although he doesn't mention any of the glaringly stupid decisions that have been made with contempt for the fans during his time here, I agree somewhat with the sentiment of "better the devil you know". I just wish that devil would employ some people who know how to run a football club for him!

No its not. The bold bit is what makes it reasonable.

The real question is what would come next? Foreign investment? Shadowy conglomerates? For every Mansoor, there’s been a Tan, a Shinwatra, and even a Ken Bates

Or as any other club would say "For every Mansoor, there's a Ken Bates or Mike Ashley"

The real question is what would come next? Foreign investment? Shadowy conglomerates? For every Mansoor, there’s been a Tan, a Shinwatra, and even a Ken Bates

Or as any other club would say "For every Mansoor, there's a Ken Bates or Mike Ashley"

:thup:

Do these people just read shit and watch TV and nod brainless, well if the media say it then it must be true? Although to a degree what Ashley has done on self preservation can be construed as productive, the way he's gone about it and the fact that the stringent rules he's put in place have removed any sense of competition it becomes a moot point. There is promise in there, just not in the way Ashley wants to do it, what is sport of it's not competitive?

Ashley is bad for football however you look at it, but hey we didn't become the next Leeds or Portsmouth so he should stay forever. Plus he's started spending now #Wait

Jon Offredo said: “I’m not in the Ashley Out crew yet.. There have been too many clubs who have been fiscally irresponsible and have been driven to the brink for it.

Clubs are not collecting their taxes? WTF is this idiot on about?

You can tell these brainless fuckwits don't even think about what they're saying by how they seem to think the Premier League operates in 2015 - i.e. the same as it did in 2005.

You couldn't bankrupt a modern Premier League club unless you were deliberately trying to do so. They're a money tree.

Financially speaking, how could/will the Premier League bubble finally burst? A withdrawal of the ludicrous TV money leaving them with inflated wage bills which they can't sustain?

When Sky paid the £5bn+ they did last time I wondered how they'd justify such expenditure, and surely the sum will have to reverse at some point.

Do these people just read s*** and watch TV and nod brainless, well if the media say it then it must be true? Although to a degree what Ashley has done on self preservation can be construed as productive, the way he's gone about it and the fact that the stringent rules he's put in place have removed any sense of competition it becomes a moot point. There is promise in there, just not in the way Ashley wants to do it, what is sport of it's not competitive?

Ashley is bad for football however you look at it, but hey we didn't become the next Leeds or Portsmouth so he should stay forever. Plus he's started spending now #Wait

I'm still of the opinion that his biggest failing is his employing the wrong people. I don't believe for a second that Mike Ashley doesn't want us to be competitive. It makes NO business sense to not be successful.

I just think he puts his trust in completely the wrong people to achieve it (which of course is a huge failing). However, to say "it couldn't get any worse than Ashley" is complete nonsense.

I still think, IF Ashley is willing to invest £30m-£50m in each of the next couple of transfer windows, we SHOULD have a very competitive team. Not hugely confident in Charnley and Carr to get the right players, or McClaren to get the best out of them though.

He doesn't give two fucks if we're competitive or not. We're not a football club, we exist to advertise a well known sports retailer.

I just think he puts his trust in completely the wrong people to achieve it (which of course is a huge failing). However, to say "it couldn't get any worse than Ashley" is complete nonsense.

"Broken jaw? Stick by him love, the next bloke might kill you."