Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Didn't MA say few years back that he wouldn't consider selling the club until at least the 2016/17 season?

Said he wasn't leaving till we won something (and a champions league place counted as winning something)

Didn't MA say few years back that he wouldn't consider selling the club until at least the 2016/17 season?

Said he wasn't leaving till we won something (and a champions league place counted as winning something)

Don't believe it for one moment.

If it's the bloke from Baidu we're sorted.  Imagine Google taking over the club and you're pretty much in the ballpark.  Hope this means I'll be seeing fewer chelsea and man city shirts in my classroom :lol:

Out of interest, how quickly did the takeover at City happen? It was all around deadline day iirc? A late bid for Robinho said signalled the start of the spending

It took a month really.. But there was a "Letter of intent" signed on deadline day so the club could bid for players.

If it's the bloke from Baidu we're sorted.  Imagine Google taking over the club and you're pretty much in the ballpark.  Hope this means I'll be seeing fewer chelsea and man city shirts in my classroom :lol:

Classroom?  You little freak.

Out of interest, how quickly did the takeover at City happen? It was all around deadline day iirc? A late bid for Robinho said signalled the start of the spending

It took a month really.. But there was a "Letter of intent" signed on deadline day so the club could bid for players.

The timing now isn't nearly as critical but it would be great if Rafa had some sort of similar guarantee.

If there was the lure of a bigger pot to spend it would make sense why some of the nailed on deals have been put on hold

We just won the Championship, didn't we? We won promotion the the Premier League.  We have won so much. So much win.

Ashley can just fuck off.

We just won the Championship, didn't we? We won promotion the the Premier League.  We have won so much. So much win.

Ashley can just f*** off.

We won relegation the season before :)

Oh and we won NETD :)

Surely he can go now..

Guest Howaythetoon

Please let this cancer on our club leave, chinese, japanise, fucking cantonese, I don't care. I just want to do what I used to love doing - loving my football club again. Rafa and his team I love, but I do not like my club!

Guest reefatoon

I'd even condone changing the words of a well known song

I'm coming home Newcastle

I might as well have been in Jail

I'd walk the streets all day and night

For a bowl of chicken chow mein

Change that last line to succulent chinese meal and you are onto a winner

I don't know how we haven't been taken over already tbh. When I see every other club being bought up and down the country it seems mad that one with our support base hasn't been snapped up. I don't accept that we don't have international stature either, there's a reason why Rafa is here. Maybe Ashley has been asking for a high price, but again it goes with the stature.

Is £400 million too much to ask? We're a big club in England with absolutely loads of potential playing in a league that pays out £100 million plus a season for finishing last.