Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Is £400 million too much to ask? We're a big club in England with absolutely loads of potential playing in a league that pays out £100 million plus a season for finishing last.

It's not really, trouble is Ashley for most of his tenure has been spiting himself. Run the club like shit and it's obvious it's going to be less attractive for new investers.

£271 including debt ?

I mean if the price being mentioned is £400m that will include wiping out the £129m Ashley is holded as debt (no new owner would accept owing Ashley), which technically values the club itself at £271m.  Just a technicality like and people can argue all day about wether a debt he's holding should even be there.  But Ashley will be expecting more for the club due to the money he perceives is owed to him.

My dad's an audiologist and he works with a woman called Selma who looks after Ashley's mum's hearing. Apparently he's super serious about this interest and is more than happy to sell at the right price...I hate even trying to be a 'ITK' or whatever, just relating what the old man told me today

*edit this isn't exactly new information upon reflection  :lol:

My dad's an audiologist and he works with a woman called Selma who looks after Ashley's mum's hearing. Apparently he's super serious about this interest and is more than happy to sell at the right price...I hate even trying to be a 'ITK' or whatever, just relating what the old man told me today

thats just hearsay tbh.

thats just hearsay tbh.

Pure and simple

thats just hearsay tbh.

Pure and simple

Well played.

thats just hearsay tbh.

Pure and simple

Well played.

dont get carried away

Guest Howaythetoon

I think in the current climate with the current TV deal etc. 400m is a decent price for us. I reckon someone like Man Utd must be worth 2bn at least and thee likes of Liverpool 1bn.

If someone with the money wants to buy a football club with the potential to compete at the top then we are ideal. The other clubs worth owning are already tied up.

400m is cheap compared to what the others would cost.

If some billionaire wants us then 400m shouldn't be a problem. If it's a consortium trying to scrape together money to buy a slice, then we should be concerned.

Mike Ashley had to attend a hearing. His mam has hearing problems.

Really?  Didn't think I'd have to explain what I was on about like.

Well neither did I. Toondave seemed confused :dontknow:

Shock.