Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

So he'd rather have his wedge of cash back first and risk the club being relegated again  :lol:

He could have taken 10 million and allowed us to spend 23.  Then the season after take another 10 mil and so on and so on.  :undecided:

I heard on Norwegian tv that they suggested that Mike Ashley didnt want to spend money because our squad is suppose to be good enough to stay in the Premier League. They showed paralels on how he do his business normaly, that he buys companies and if they are doing bad he is trying to stabilise them and sell them on the next year with a small profit. Can it be that he is hoping to sell us next season?

We can only dream, I have now lost my last litle faith in this fat b******..

I can believe anything of Ashley. A scenario whereby he will sell fits the recent events. One problem with the club going on the market as it is is that there is a debt of at least £140 million owed to Ashley in the balance sheet. That is not attractive to a potential buyer. The tactic could be to spend the bare minimum now and use any surplus cash plus the £100 million odd that comes later with the tv deal to wipe the debt. It will be a lot easier to sell with a debt free balance sheet I think. If this is the case then he is of course gambling that we will do the necessary to avoid relegation. A relegated club is worth nowhere near as much as one that is in the EPL

On the other hand the explanation could be any of the other theories put up on this forum....... :dontknow:

Quayside, I got what you mean, but believe me people here won't tolerate this as this is what they called "Ashley take the money away from the club".

On the other hand, I think it is fair to assume that Ashley is trying his best to decorate the financial statements, as well as taking back his investment like what you said. If this is the case, we may be close to the end.  Let's pray for this.

So he'd rather have his wedge of cash back first and risk the club being relegated again  :lol:

He could have taken 10 million and allowed us to spend 23.  Then the season after take another 10 mil and so on and so on.  :undecided:

You can comfort yourself a bit by taking this as a desperation for selling the club and take back his investment.

Guest neesy111

I don't understand what the issue is around the debt.  A company that has debt is worth less due to the debt you take on when you buy it.

He got the club for £125m which undervalued the club, so he can't complain about the debt he took on.  Also our debt this season will be under our yearly income so it's easily manageable.

Apperantly he'll take 33 million of the TV money out to cover what he lost last year. c***.

Hadn't heard that.

Wheres this from?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/01/rafa-benitezs-long-term-future-serious-doubt-newcastle-fail/

That only says " it's feared" he'll take that money out, so it's just speculation at this point. If he does, at least that might mean he's getting ready to sell up, although I'll believe that when I see it.

Even if there is a new owner who pay Ashley 200M for the club,  he still owe Ashley around 160M due to the debt.  So the true cost for the acquisition is 360M.

What Ashley has put into the club basically is his purchase price + his loan to the club.  So anyone who wants to buy the club has to match it.  No way the fat cunt will accept a loss, never.

You can comfort yourself a bit by taking this as a desperation for selling the club and take back his investment.

It would be foolish to assume he intentions to sell the club given his repeated PR exercises pretending he wants to sell. Even if he states its for sale we shouldn't trust a word that come out of his mouth.

I don't understand what the issue is around the debt.  A company that has debt is worth less due to the debt you take on when you buy it.

He got the club for £125m which undervalued the club, so he can't complain about the debt he took on.  Also our debt this season will be under our yearly income so it's easily manageable.

Exactly. As if he didn't actually know about the debt when he bought us. It's all smoke and mirrors.

I bet this £30 million doesn't come off the debt owed to him, not even a penny of it.

It would be foolish to assume he intentions to sell the club given his repeated PR exercises pretending he wants to sell. Even if he states its for sale we shouldn't trust a word that come out of his mouth.

It doesn't matter.  The key is as long as their is a loan own to him, that will count as part of the purchase price for the next owner.  So in any case, Ashley will take back his money, just in the form of repayment of loan from the club, or from the next owner.

The club spending next to no money makes it a talking point. Everyone outside of Newcastle thinks we're a bunch of deluded arseholes.

Creating a bit of drama keeps us relevant and therefore advertising shite direct by stealth. If we'd had a reasonable window we'd be in the background drifting to mid table mediocrity. That wouldn't sell Slazenger t shirts

The club spending next to no money makes it a talking point. Everyone outside of Newcastle thinks we're a bunch of deluded arseholes.

Creating a bit of drama keeps us relevant and therefore advertising s**** direct by stealth. If we'd had a reasonable window we'd be in the background drifting to mid table mediocrity. That wouldn't sell Slazenger t shirts

3 for a fiver.  Dat quality!

This. He's not going to sell this club. We can revisit this in another decade that there's basically no truth in whatever he says.

Unless he stops wasting oxygen within this time. Fingers crossed.

He just can't let us have even an ounce of joy can he?! Any manager we like, support and get behind he undermines and belittles - Keegan, Shearer, Hughton and now Benitez. Yet he gives Pardew, the most loathsome, odious fraud (who we collectively, openly hated) an 8 year contract, and backs McLaren to the hilt.

There's a clear M.O here and I assume it stems from the protests, criticism and insults levelled at him over the past 10 years (fat cockney rapist springs to mind). It's not just that he doesn't give a s*** about the progression of NUFC, it's more than that. It's a calculated process of removing any enjoyment we can derive from supporting our beloved football team.

There may have been more openly awful Premier League football club owners than Ashley but I can't think of any that have been so petty, conniving, deceitful and completely unworthy of the position they hold.

He just can't let us have even an ounce of joy can he?! Any manager we like, support and get behind he undermines and belittles - Keegan, Shearer, Hughton and now Benitez. Yet he gives Pardew, the most loathsome, odious fraud (who we collectively, openly hated) an 8 year contract, and backs McLaren to the hilt.

There's a clear M.O here and I assume it stems from the protests, criticism and insults levelled at him over the past 10 years (fat cockney rapist springs to mind). It's not just that he doesn't give a s*** about the progression of NUFC, it's more than that. It's a calculated process of removing any enjoyment we can derive from supporting our beloved football team.

There may have been more openly awful Premier League football club owners than Ashley but I can't think of any that have been so petty, conniving, deceitful and completely unworthy of the position they hold.

You're giving the fat odious bastard too much credit, he cleared McClaren out when his investment was in danger (albeit too late) and he only kept Pardew because he was a sniveling arse lick who took the flack whilst doing his bidding, all the while finishing in his favourite position of 10th-17th. As far as he was concerned Pardew was a safe pair of hands, don't give the deluded Geordies any hope of ambition but keep his SD shite on the gravy train. All the others you mentioned wanted more for the club, as well they should and all had a level of understanding of what the club deserves.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd love to know what changed at Christmas, like. :lol: Out of morbid curiosity more than anything else.

Creased at the idea of him thinking we should have got into the Champions League in 11/12 as well. Absolutely mental beyond all measure, that cunt.

I'd love to know what changed at Christmas, like. :lol: Out of morbid curiosity more than anything else.

Creased at the idea of him thinking we should have got into the Champions League in 11/12 as well. Absolutely mental beyond all measure, that c***.

just remember reports of the fat cunt absolutely fuming that he had wasted £9m (?) on cisse as we had only finished 5th.