Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

When is tollemache coming on to tell us all that we must wait until deadline day to sign someone to play instead of Shola and that that's acceptable?

Could happen at any point... sooner the better obviously, and it does look like we might be closing in on one or two in the next day or so, but if one or two of them take longer that's just the way it goes. I just don't think it's possible to click your fingers and insist everything gets done in 2 days unless you have enough money to render irrelevant any attempts by other clubs, agents and the players themselves to maximise their profits. We don't have that much money so if an agent wants to play silly buggers until deadline day, which they love to do, then we just have to play along.

I haven't seen anything this window to suggest that we don't have a decent list of targets and we're going for them as quickly as possible.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction if we do end up with a RB, CB and forward. Probably just be 'he should have done it sooner'.

And that reaction would be perfectly understandable, these signings should have happened in the summer. I will be delighted if they happen now BUT I'm not going to be "grateful" to Ashley for doing the correct thing 6 months late

I feel he's on for an unusual big/quality spending spree this window. I really feel he's going to nail a bunch of transfers.

I'm not p*ssed, either :undecided:

He's definitely willing to spend in this window, we've already bought Debuchy, probably a CB and narrowly missed out on Remy. I don't know how anyone can deny we're looking to sign people.

The cold hard fact is we have signed one player, nearly signed and probably signed don't count

They don't count on the pitch, but if we're identifying targets and bidding for them we're obviously willing to spend money.

I feel he's on for an unusual big/quality spending spree this window. I really feel he's going to nail a bunch of transfers.

I'm not p*ssed, either :undecided:

He's definitely willing to spend in this window, we've already bought Debuchy, probably a CB and narrowly missed out on Remy. I don't know how anyone can deny we're looking to sign people.

The cold hard fact is we have signed one player, nearly signed and probably signed don't count

They don't count on the pitch, but if we're identifying targets and bidding for them we're obviously willing to spend money.

like last summer tbf.

Seems to be putting the wrongs of the summer in terms of transfer dealings anyway.

Top scorer out, replacement for injured player in. :pow:

Everyone is saying let's see where we are by the end of the window; cuts both ways. Promising recent signs though, of course. :thup:

don't all shout me down but I know a source very close to both MA and DL and was told they are looking to spend 15 to 20M this window..The source is extremely good but more than the above i cannot give..... i know most on here will shout me down but i just wanted to post what i was told !

i know we still have spent nothing but i think we all probabily agree there is some intent here

But just to add. Should we bring in the names we are rumored to have made bids on we would have done a great window. Make that another window in the summer with a new manager coming in. That would be something. Not holding my breath though.

If reports are true, we have bid in excess of £14m for players (Haiadara, Mbiwa, Thauvin, Gouffran, Mbabu)  and have paid £5.5 Million for Debuchy, plus there is still talk we are going to bid big for the Plan B striker after losing out on Remy.

Big outlay (if everything that is reported is true) by the fat controller.

If reports are true, we have bid in excess of £14m for players (Haiadara, Mbiwa, Thauvin, Gouffran, Mbabu)  and have paid £5.5 Million for Debuchy, plus there is still talk we are going to bid big for the Plan B striker after losing out on Remy.

£1.5m* (approx) this season to date, it is about fucking time to be fair.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/newcastle-united/transfers-alle/verein_762.html

* Anita fee seems about the same amount too high.

But just to add. Should we bring in the names we are rumored to have made bids on we would have done a great window. Make that another window in the summer with a new manager coming in. That would be something. Not holding my breath though.

We'll have made some great signings if they come off, but will we have enough goals without Ba?

Hatem or Cabaye to be sold tbh - the fat one taketh with one hand and will destroy your dreams with another.

Being serious though, would be good if they have started to take this buying players stuff serious

Did wonder with him being there on saturday if it finally sparked him into action? Might be irrelevant but if we pull off all these targets then he will have redeemed alot of good feeling for the cock up in the summer. Just hope he does the right thing if Pardew continues to be a prick.

We'll have mad some great signings if they come off, but will we have enough goals without Ba?

That's a good question. Aside from Cisse and the odd spectacular goal from Cisse who else is going to chip in with some goals. Obviously I'd say HBA is a threat when he gets back too but we definitely need another option.

We'll have mad some great signings if they come off, but will we have enough goals without Ba?

That's a good question. Aside from Cisse and the odd spectacular goal from Cisse who else is going to chip in with some goals. Obviously I'd say HBA is a threat when he gets back too but we definitely need another option.

But I´m including a forward in this "good window" concept :)

One good window will not make him a hero. If he starts to run it well for 2 years, then maybe I can start to give him credit.

With the exception of last summer - where we didn't sign any 'duds' but didn't strengthen the first team enough (i.e. get Debuchy and a centre half in) - we've actually had a run of reasonable transfer windows under the current regime.

Championship - signed a couple of players to strengthen our promotion charge (Simpson, Routledge, Williamson, Best) and a couple of loanees to cover injuries.

Summer 2010 - kept the majority of the squad together while adding Tiote, Perch and Ben Arfa to improve the quality/size. Also brought in Campbell for 'experienced' CB cover...

Jan 2011 - bit of a shocker in terms of keeping the fans happy, the Carroll sale was slated by a fair few (if only because there wasn't a replacement brought over the line) but PL safety was achieved and HBA was made a permanent deal.

Summer 2011 - moved on the 'old guard' who had been the mainstays of relegation/promotion (Barton, Nolan, Enrique) and began the 'new look' NUFC with Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Santon, Obertan. Fleshed out the academy/reserve team with some 'promising' youngsters.

Jan 2012 - added Cisse to 'replace' Carroll, kept the over-performing players at the club

Summer 2012 - a few squad players/young players added but the first XI kept in place, presumably the manager opted for this over losing a 'purple' and being able to afford a couple of first-team ready players. Still didn't address the issue at CB which had been rumbling on since we returned to the PL; the overperformance of Williamson for some of 2011/12 and Saylor's absence seemed to have fooled the higher-uppers that we were adequately covered in that position.

January 2013 - lost the top scorer due to a contract issue/not wanting to break the wage structure, facing a bizarre situation with the club captain (and best defender). Finally brought in a RB. Still 2 weeks left.

People make out like we're shit at transfers or doing deals - never understood this.