Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

I'm still not convinced that the linesman actually got that decision wrong. Seems like everyone is saying it's a bad decision, but I've yet to see conclusive proof it was. The player was fully well over the line when he headed the ball, so he would have had to have contorted his body some to keep it in. The angels that we've seen have not shown that the whole of the ball crossed or did not cross the line.

The one thing though that really worried me about the incident, is that a few Newcastle player appeared to stop, Krul included putting his arm up, that hesitation lead to Doyle putting the ball in the back of the net. We really can't afford to do that, maybe the players had seen the flag, but you have to play to the whistle.

having said that Wolves should have had a pen in the first of for sure, so luck favoured us today.

Nah, there's absolutely no way that the whole of the ball was over the line.

I've still not seen that, the angel from the main stand there does give you that conclusive evidence. It would be interesting to see an angel from behind the linesman or along the goal line.

that really would be interesting

We absolutely bossed the first half. Wolves, as you'd expect came at us first ten minutes but once we settled we took command of the game, Tiote in partiuclar was excellent. Second half the game plan changed, to me it looked as though we were trying to sit deep and pick them off on the counter. In fairness it worked for twenty five minutes to half an hour and Ba should of put the game to bed, but the longer it went on the deeper we dropped and looked more and more like conceding. In the end we were lucky to escape a point given the decision to disallow the Wolves second.

Krul 9 - Made some brilliant saves and took some brilliant catches. The reaction save with his foot to keep it the deflected effort in the first half was particularly good. I'm probably being ultra picky here but he could of done a little better for the goal, he practically collapsed on top of the ball. Even then it wasn't his fault, good game.

Simpson 6 - Made some great last ditch tackles in the eighteen yard box and generally looked solid defensively. Woeful going forward, no ability on the ball at all. Plus he runs like he's s*** himself.

Taylor 8 - Did really well for me. Some brilliant blocks, dominant in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Coloccini 7 - Solid for the most part but let Doyle slip a couple of times.

Taylor 6 - Same as Simpson really, there was one particularly good block that prevented a goal. Got rinsed by Hamill a couple of times in the second half though and they generally bullied him at the back post on the end of crosses from the other flank.

Obertan 5 - Again some neat and tidy stuff but he's such a frustrating footballer. He lacks intelligance with his runs, often follwoing other players about as well as his delivery being p*ss poor for the most part.

Tiote 8 - Probably our best outfield player. Vintage Cheik really.

Cabaye 6 - Decent first half, kept things ticking over as per. Second half whether by instruction or his own accord he dropped way too deep which contributed to the late panic.

Jonas 6 - For the most part I thought he was pretty poor, needlessly losing possession on a number of occasions. However he nabbed a quality match winner so I'll give him a six.

Ba 6 - Grabbed a goal, his all round play was alright too. He should of put the game to bed in the second half. criminal that he didn't even hit the target really.

Best 6 - His hold up play was excellent. Showed that he has good feet on a number of occasions too. Played well without ever really threatening the goal.

Pardew 4 - It may seem harsh given we've won the game but his tactics nearly cost us. Our game plan in the second half worked for the most part but nearly cost us dearly, his subs were woeful, Lovenkrands was a passanger when we desperately needed someone in the middle who get get his foot on the ball annd maintian possession.

I haven't managed to see any of this, but I'm definitely looking forward to MOTD tonight. It has been a a good while since I've been this excited about our team. The last time was probably when we thrashed Spurs under Keegan with the three strikers upfront. Extremely happy to see Jonas get a goal. His consistent hard work and imperious effort warrants his name on the score sheet. I feel the same way about defenders and holding midfield players who are always in the team, but especially Jonas as he actuallys brings so much to our attacking play. So happy with Krul as well. We have a star for years to come.

Wolves fans berating Halsey on 606.

Expect them too, the have every right to be mad at him for the pen, but the linesman gave the ball crossing the line thing, not his fault. And he did give them 5 fucking mins, to get a equaliser, which I thought was extremely generous.

One of the reasons we have made a fantastic start to the season is down to the front 2, the number of times they have managed to not only bring the ball down but either link in the midfield or draw the foul allows us to take the pressure away from the backline, bearing in mind we're use to Shola "touch of a rapist or "second touch is a tackle" Ameobi. As soon as Ba went off it was wave after wave of attack for Wolves we had no one to relieve the pressure and we was very lucky to hold on. I can see why he brought on Loverkrands trying to use his pace to exploit the space but for me he should have added another midfielder either Ben Arfa or Marveaux. Hopefully Alan will have learnt from his lesson today I'm sure he will and he probably knew he messed up today and got away with it going by his post match interview.