Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

I swear the more talk about Simpson on this forum, the worse he gets.

People will be putting 'Perch' in at RB in lineups in about a month's time at this rate.

Very much so. In the meantime Marveaux has escalated in to Rivelino as he's not been in the team.

Not to mention Santon.  Hope he's half as good as I've read.

Slightly bevied Liverpool fan here, always had a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle. Great start to the season, what do you think has been the biggest improvmnt? I know a few who were writing Pardew off but it looks looks like he's built a good team spirit.

Our midfield.

They are retaining the ball better which is helping keep pressure off the back four.

Guest BooBoo

Plus we've sold a, cough, £35million striker and have two more mobile and versatile forwards causing teams problems.

This has probably been posted but I'll post it anyway, this was yesterday:

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Delighted for the Toon, they are flying. Well done boys keep it up......

Oh no you're not.

I am honestly not convinced that we deserve to win, and I am not convinced that we are good enough to deserve our current position.

I think we have been very lucky, and Tim Krul has saved us many times. I know Krul is part of the team, but I am uneasy to rely on an excellent keeper. Not that I should complain.

Good news is, we still have a lot of rooms for improvements, and we have yet to see Santon, and a consistent Marveaux n Barfa

I am honestly not convinced that we deserve to win, and I am not convinced that we are good enough to deserve our current position.

I think we have been very lucky, and Tim Krul has saved us many times. I know Krul is part of the team, but I am uneasy to rely on an excellent keeper. Not that I should complain.

Good news is, we still have a lot of rooms for improvements, and we have yet to see Santon, and a consistent Marveaux n Barfa

Not sure if we deserve to be where we are??

We are there because we have picked up the points. Every team will get some decisions throughout the season. but overall we have played and defended pretty well and we deserve to be there.

Not sure if we deserve to be where we are??

We are there because we have picked up the points. Every team will get some decisions throughout the season. but overall we have played and defended pretty well and we deserve to be there.

:nods:

Oh no you're not.

:lol:

Oh no you're not.

:lol:

;D

Gutted.  :sad:

At Primrose valley this weekend and arranged for wifey to take the kids swimming while I sat at the onsite, wifi connected bar, laptop at ready to watch the match with a nice cold one.

Waited til the last minute, pressed the right buttons and........"Live streaming banned".  :huff:

Anyway, sounds like the typical game of two halves and the goals looked canny on MOTD.

Lovely to be third, if even for a short while and really enjoying everything going right for a change. Long may the good times continue.  :indi:

Just finally managed to watch the full 90 minutes (Im sure easier knowing the result).

Krul was absolutely magnificent and seems to have it all for one so young. Like we used to attribute so many points a season because of Given, they same is true of this fella. Steven Taylor also (penalty aside) looked immense in defence.

Cabaye although faded second half looked all over the place and some of his forward passes were sheer quality. Tiote looks to be getting back to his best.

Obertan wasnt as bad as I was expecting given some of the comments I have read, however he also faded as the game went on. Im not a Jonas fan. His goal was excellent but once again too much of his end product was poor. I even thought his defending looked poor by his standards. I would certainly have Marveaux in if it was up to me.

A mention as well for Best who at times looked very good with some of his hold up play and movement. Im sure the goals will soon return for him.

Overall it was a good blood and snots game that seemed to be played at quite a fast paced and given the weather its unsurprising people faded away.

I think the commentator mentioned something about honesty in the players performances and I agree. They all seemed to battle for the cause.

Finally, for those complaining about sponsorship at St James, just thank god its not like wolves. Advertising all over the inside of the stands and even on every step leading up to the seats.

Cant wait for the next few home games.  :indi: