Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Fullbacks are the weakest part of our team so bringing in Santon for one of them for the Spurs Match is a no brainer decision for me. Which one though i'm not 100% sure as we can either put Santon on Bale or let him attack more up the left.  Both Ben arfa and Marveaux look better, far more effective players than Obertan. So he should make way for one of them. Obertan could be a decent, very effective Sub with his pace and is at the very least far better cover than Routledge when inevitable injuries etc occur. The hardest decision for me is whether to drop Best or not as he has been impressing and playing well.

They seem likely to play Bale on the left and van de vart on the right drifting in. With Bale in particular in mind perhaps we should tweak things and go:

Krul

Santon  Taylor  Colo  Raylor

Cabaye  Tiote

Jonas                            Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Subs: Harper, Williamson?/ Simpson, Mehdi, Guthrie/Gosling, Obertan, Sammy, Best

Hopefully Santon and Jonas can nulify Bales threat. Jonas with his tremendous engine can still brake forward and take players on when we have the ball. Hopefully our defence and midfield will pick up Van de Vart i know he's quality but i don't fear him quite so much as i would say Lennon running at Raylor (like SWP did very sucessfully QPR). I quite fancy Tiote and Cabaye to get the better of Sandro and Parker athough it will be an interesting battle. Ben Arfa in particular and Marveaux should be able to create all sorts of problems for Spurs and provide themselves, Ba and possibly Jonas too with good scoring oppourtunities.

I have a horrible feeling that these changes will  not occur though and Lovenkrands may even be ahead of Ben Arfa and Marveaux in the pecking order  :frantic: :fool:!! Which will boil my p*ss. The only good thing is that hopefully pardew will keep his team selection under his hat and just as we are not sure if Pardew will make the changes neither does Harry Redknapp which makes us a little harder to plan against.

To think in that wonderful thing hindsight we could have had a back 4 of:  Santon    Taylor  Colo    Enrique  with the rest of the team and possibly another Striker we should finish in the top 6 this season and could perhaps give the likes of Spurs a run for their money for fourth place with Arsenal and to a lesser extent Liverpool looking so out of sorts.

We're massive underdogs for this one, I would think I had nothing to lose and chuck HBA in to give them something to think about. They only really have Parker who protects the back four, and I can see him struggling to handle Ben Arfa.

Sandro as well potentially.

Oh yeah, forgot he was fit again. Still, go for the Arf.

Pardew coming out yesterday that changing one player can make a hell of a difference to the team:

"That’s always going to be compromised somewhere along the line, and there’s no doubt that one or two players coming into the team can change the character of it quite quickly."

“That was evident at Nottingham Forest, when we conceded three goals – and two of them were quite sloppy ones.”  ”You have always got to be adaptable and always got to be ready to understand that one player can make the make-up of the team very different.”

***But this can also affect the team in both a positive way or a negative way*** More risk obviously to change something that is working for you....

We're massive underdogs for this one, I would think I had nothing to lose and chuck HBA in to give them something to think about. They only really have Parker who protects the back four, and I can see him struggling to handle Ben Arfa.

Sandro as well potentially.

put him in there and let cabaye capitalise on the extra space

Pardew coming out yesterday that changing one player can make a hell of a difference to the team:

"That’s always going to be compromised somewhere along the line, and there’s no doubt that one or two players coming into the team can change the character of it quite quickly."

“That was evident at Nottingham Forest, when we conceded three goals – and two of them were quite sloppy ones.”  ”You have always got to be adaptable and always got to be ready to understand that one player can make the make-up of the team very different.”

***But this can also affect the team in both a positive way or a negative way*** More risk obviously to change something that is working for you....

*cough*Elliott*cough*

He is just stupid if Santon and Ben Arfa isn´t introduced.

Spurs will take most the 4,000 tickets won't they?  I know it's a 4pm Sunday match, but they usually have decent away support.  Can't see it being a big crowd though, category A game, price start from about £35 don't they?  As already mentioned the fact it's a late kick off on a Sunday and on the box doesn't help.

I'm making the trip up for this one though with a few fellow Toon fans and three spurs lads, should be a good game.  Score draw for me Jeff.

We made 9 changes, Elliot was making his debut and looked nervy, was at fault for one, maybe two of the goals, James Perch played.  Seems to me he is already getting his reasons in on why we will be unchanged.  Santon should defintely play.

Interesting to see how Ben-Arfa does for the reserves tonight. Shame its away.

Did I miss something?  Didn't think he was in the ressies squad, or is this a  :troll: post

Strong team out according to journos.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9285817.Ben_Arfa_gets_a_run_out_for_reserve_side/

Ta mate.  Good news he is getting some more game time, just not sure how he will react dropping down to that level, can see him being a bit sulky TBH  :hmm: probably be fine though and I'm just being paranoid as per usual.  Hat trick please Mr. Ben Arfa  :D

Shola expected to play  :( hoping he was still out TBH.

Both clubs will have players away on International duty, but it's so early in the season I think the traveling might take its toll on some. I hope we get the rub of the green injury wise and come out on top.

How's the away support for this fixture usually? Can't imagine too many will make the journey up north?

Certainly not a side there for the taking, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we get the 3 points. Would be ecstatic though  :frantic:

Did I miss something?  Didn't think he was in the ressies squad, or is this a  :troll: post

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9285817.Ben_Arfa_gets_a_run_out_for_reserve_side/

Ta mate.  Good news he is getting some more game time, just not sure how he will react dropping down to that level, can see him being a bit sulky TBH  :hmm: probably be fine though and I'm just being paranoid as per usual.  Hat trick please Mr. Ben Arfa  :D

Don't see any reason he would sulk, it's just part of his recovery.

Just get the impression he might think it's beneath him and he should be back in the first team already.  Not sure what I'm basing this on TBH, I sound like Colocho  :lol:

Just get the impression he might think it's beneath him and he should be back in the first team already.  Not sure what I'm basing this on TBH, I sound like Colocho  :lol:

i think he'll know it's a chance to prove he can do 90mins and gives him still a week and a half to spurs. comes through this and i think he'll start against them.

Guest hatem garrincha

i think he'll know it's a chance to prove he can do 90mins and gives him still a week and a half to spurs. comes through this and i think he'll start against them.

If he comes for Obertan, he is able to adapt to following organisations :

1-                                                Cabaye              Tiote

HBA                                                    Jonas

Best

Ba

2-                                                Cabaye                  Tiote

Jonas                                              HBA

Best

Ba

3-                                                              Tiote

Cabaye      HBA          Jonas

Best    Ba

Guest ToonUltra

Going to have to pip us for another 3 points. If we weren't having this marvellous run, I could have seen this game as the one that started a few games unbeate, especially with us having Wigan at home the week after.  I think the run has just provided the team with that confidence to think that 6pts over the next 2 weekends is very do-able, so long as we keep our wits about us.

2-1

Stoke away will end our run IMO.

Going to have to pip us for another 3 points. If we weren't having this marvellous run, I could have seen this game as the one that started a few games unbeate, especially with us having Wigan at home the week after.  I think the run has just provided the team with that confidence to think that 6pts over the next 2 weekends is very do-able, so long as we keep our wits about us.

2-1

I like this level of confidence. Not sure I share it, but still.

Guest ToonUltra

2-1

I like this level of confidence. Not sure I share it, but still.

This post was an attempt to make my own confidence grow. The more i read it, the more i believe it....

My thoughts have been correct thus far.