Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Wouldn't be surprised if Ben Arfa played in a reserve match between now and then. Personally I'd like to see him play against Spurs, their defence isn't water tight to say the least and he's got the ability to cause major damage. At the very least I'd like to see Santon start the match even if that means shifting Raylor to right back at the expense of Simmo. Raylor has done admirably but he's going to get done eventually and a team like Spurs will be capable of doing that.

Starting him is a risk but one has to at some point, and against a team where if we lose it's not a disaster is a good one to take it in. I also think Modric and parker is probably the best midfield we've played against so far so him sitting in front of our usual 2 would be tactically sound.

Krul

Raylor Saylor Colo Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Jonas                Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Have thought for a while that long term this will be our best team going forward. Best has been playing very well though so it would be unfortunate for him to be dropped as he does not deserve to be. Ben arfa has to play though he's absolutely world class & could hurt any team.

Our fullbacks are currently the weakest part of our team so santon has to start in place of one of them. It's a very close call but simpson has been possibly the worst of the two.

Both ben arfa and marveaux look way superior to obertan. So one of them should replace him.

The toughest call is if best should be dropped or not as he has been playing very well and pardew has said it's his shirt to lose so I doubt he'll be dropped

Yeah it's a bit harsh on Best, and tbh think he just about deserves to be there as much as Ba, but on present evidence Ba keeps finding net...

If Pardew desperately wants to stick to two upfront for now can't see much wrong with

krul

Raylor    Saylor  Colo  Santon

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Tiote  Guti

Best    Ba

Mirroring Totenham's current set up with VDV sitting on right but operating basically freely. My problem with this of course is that Bale would be a threat up against Raylor if HBA isn't really managing things defensively.

Krul

Cabaye Tiote

Ben Arfa

Ba

Have thought for a while that long term this will be our best team going forward. Best has been playing very well though so it would be unfortunate for him to be dropped as he does not deserve to be. Ben arfa has to play though he's absolutely world class & could hurt any team.

Our fullbacks are currently the weakest part of our team so santon has to start in place of one of them. It's a very close call but simpson has been possibly the worst of the two.

Both ben arfa and marveaux look way superior to obertan. So one of them should replace him.

The toughest call is if best should be dropped or not as he has been playing very well and pardew has said it's his shirt to lose so I doubt he'll be dropped

Spot on team IMO.  Bring on Sammy and Obertan as impact subs and Best if Ba is having an off day.

Krul

Cabaye Tiote

Ben Arfa

Ba

That is our best XI. Sad/infuriating we won't see it anytime soon.

Krul

Cabaye Tiote

Ben Arfa

Ba

That is our best XI. Sad/infuriating we won't see it anytime soon.

Thing is though, it suits our squad perfectly.  It can be broken down into several areas:

Keepers: Krul, Harper, Elliot

Fullbacks: Santon, Raylor, Simpson, Fergy

CBs: Colo, Saylor, Williamson, Kadar, Perch

CMs: Tiote, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gosling, Smith

Wingers: Jonas, Marveaux, Obertan

AMs: Ben Arfa, Vuckic

STs: Ba, Best, Sammy, Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Also, our midfield 5 can be very flexible i.e. Our wingers can easily play the AM role and vice versa.  Cabaye can push up and support the AM and Tiote can drop and become a fifth defender.

Am incredibly positive about our 4-5-1 (4-2-2-1-1?) formation.  Really could propel us into Europe.

Krul

Raylor  Saylor  Coloccini  Santon

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Best  Ba

is our best Xl.

That's what I would go for. Although it is good we can argue about our best 11.

Guest VaVaVoom

Will be a BIG test against Spurs and one i think we will more than rise to. We are in better form than then although they are getting upto speed.

Ba could be out with an ankle injury so if that is the case its Best and Barfa for me. If Ba is fit then he would be my 1st choice with Barfa.

I think Obertan has done alright so far, he has something and nothing. Pace but no consistency and loses the ball far to much. Jonas onto the right and bring in Marveaux and Santon on the left. Raylor has done well but now is the time to get our fully fit and best 11 out and going up a gear!

The next 4 league games are very VERY win-able before a tough three game spell where we go to manchester twice and host Chelsea.

3-1 Barfa 2, Cabaye

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Santon

Cabaye---Tiote

Jonas----------Ben Arfa----------Marveaux

Ba*

*If fit.

Krul

Raylor  Saylor  Coloccini  Santon

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Best  Ba

is our best Xl

Yeah thats what we should go for against Spurs, defo. Bring Ben Arfa in to cause some shite but keep the two up front who are working well together. In fact Best/Ba alone can cause their defence problems, I don't rate Kaboul or the left back.

Will be a BIG test against Spurs and one i think we will more than rise to. We are in better form than then although they are getting upto speed.

Ba could be out with an ankle injury so if that is the case its Best and Barfa for me. If Ba is fit then he would be my 1st choice with Barfa.

I think Obertan has done alright so far, he has something and nothing. Pace but no consistency and loses the ball far to much. Jonas onto the right and bring in Marveaux and Santon on the left. Raylor has done well but now is the time to get our fully fit and best 11 out and going up a gear!

The next 4 league games are very VERY win-able before a tough three game spell where we go to manchester twice and host Chelsea.

3-1 Barfa 2, Cabaye

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Santon

Cabaye---Tiote

Jonas----------Ben Arfa----------Marveaux

Ba*

*If fit.

Really?

I'm quite enjoying what Pardew has done to our "fan-formation" thinking. By putting the tremendously right-footed Ryan Taylor as our left back for the first seven odd games of the season, now, nothing is off the table!

Santon can play either flank, Raylor can play either flank (apparently!), Jonas can play either flank, Ben Arfa can play either flank.

Maybe even Marveaux too.

Maradona should get some credit too, mind you.

Guest Dontooner

i think we will loose....spurs are really playing some consistent football..

If we dont start with our best squad and go all out attack...we are not going to start a chance.