Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Hopefully it's a sell-out. A point would be a good result, but hopefully we can nick it in an entertaining 3-2 game.

I don't know about a sell out but I think we'll see most of the missing 10,000 return for this one. It might be early days but we are in 4th place and Spurs will be coming here to try and reclaim that position as the current CL qualifiers. I doubt we'll want to give that up without a fight. Can't wait.

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier, so reposting here...

Honestly, this is a massive 2 week layoff for us and an even bigger one for our manager.  We are on an absolutely brilliant run this season and with the lay-off, the momentum has all but been hauled.  For AP, its one where he and the staff can reflect and analyze the bright spots and places to improve, as well as ensuring the team continues to stay fit and focused.  Also, he has 2 weeks  to pick apart the Spurs and get his team selection correct.  I think everyone here will agree that this home match vs. the Spurs is an absolute massive one where we can really prove where we are going to be this season.

In my opinion, I'd keep the team selection the same minus starting Santon at LB and getting HBA in for Obertan. Personally, I'd start Ryan Taylor over Simmo, but I think Simmo will keep his place.  I think Obertan would be a brilliant sub off the bench - but AP has got to realize that the end-product of HBA and his ability on the ball will no doubt be a much greater option for us than Obertan, who, has done extremely well in the past few matches, but needs to be on the bench for this one.  I know AP has said he doesn't feel HBA can play on the wings for us, but I'd like to see him do that for this match.  Best and Ba are MUST starts for this one, and either could score a brace on their day.

2 weeks away, already chomping at the bit for this one - fixing to be a brilliant fixture and I don't have any doubts that St James' will be rocking that day.

Don't know if Ben Arfa could be shipped out to the right, he's never played that role before... Bit unfair to shove him over there just cos' he's a name player. If Ben arfa comes on I reckon one of Ba or Best will deffo be subbed...

Can't see Pards risking changing jonas over to the right to accomoadate either of Arfa or Marveaux...

Krul

Santon S.Taylor Coloccini R.Taylor

Obertan Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez

Best Ba

What i think we should go with, Santon on the right because of Bale's pace and he will eat Simpson alive as overrated as Bale is he will still destroy Simpson.......

Bring on Marveaux and Ben Arfa in the 2nd half for Best and Obertan and switch Gutierrez to the right.....

Oh yh if you havent noticed yet iam new  :D been lurking for a while now and finally decided to join look forward to discussing NUFC with all of you  O0

Guest kingdawson

They're gonna dominate and turn us over according to GG.

Spurs fans are almost as arrogant as the Scouse....almost..

"Anyway, bloody tough game this one, the Toon are looking very impressive,and I'd have quite liked us to try and sign Ba as our third/fourth striker. Should be a good game too."

"Tough game this will be.Always tend to struggle a bit up there plus they are actually playing pretty good at the mo

Score draw"

Here's the thread guys http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56169  mostly everyone thats actually commented is positive about your team so don't believe the hype.

will be a cracking game and we'll get beaten imo

It's not going to be easy either way but I would be more optimistic if both Parker and Sandro are fit.  Sandro has pulled out of the Brazil squad with a calf injury..............

Really injured or getting out of a long flight?? :undecided:

1-1 is my guess.

Guest elbee909

I'm hoping Parker gets a flashback to when he played for us and gets stuck in a pirouetting loop, drilling through the earth's crust and down into the centre of the planet, the molten lava spewing out exclusively onto Harry Redknapp's face.

Massive game for us. If we lose, which to be honest i think we will, then it's not the end of the world. But if we win, jesus i can't even get my head around that. I think i might spontaneously combust!

Part of me wants to lose a game with the current XI without Santon, Ben Arfa & Marveaux because I reckon it'd be a massive boost let's say we lose this one, then for Wigan we have those 3 straight in. We're going to lose at some point, I've got a feeling this will be 1-2 but we'll win the next two.