Pick your England squad and first 11 for the Euros

Guest kingdawson

Oxlade-Chamberlain? how much has he played for Arsenal this season? No-one could realistically justify taking him at this stage. Same goes for Jack Rodwell, there seems to be some kind of wideheld opinion that because a player is young and hasn't played much, they will obviously be an upgrade on the current side. There is no way Rodwell should be in the squad ahead of any of the current lot based on recent performances.

Well, my justification is more with a view to future tournaments rather than this one. Spain have this one won - not to say we shouldn't try, but I think it's really important to cull those who won't (shouldn't) be there at Brazil 2014 (Lampard, Gerrard). This is a transitional tournament IMO.

If England are ever to emulate/reach the heights set by other top class international teams - they need to be a team, so getting them playing together young seems sensible to me. I'm a naive idealist mind you. I don't give that much of a toss about international football (well, not England anyway) so my opinion could very well be fickle on this particular issue. :laugh:

:thup:

Transition is the key word, too many past it players and the young ones aren't there yet but we should give them experience so we can have a realisitic chance in the future.

Guest kingdawson

No way should Bent ever play in a 4-4-2. List of strike partners in his career =

Bent and Berbatov = Total crap

Bent and Defoe = Total crap

Bent and Keane = Total crap

Bent and Pavlychenko = Total crap

Bent and Jones = Total crap

Bent and Gyan = Total crap

He plays in a 4-5-1 or he stays at home.

Goalkeepers

Hart

Foster

Forster

Defenders

Jones

Richards

Terry

Cahill

Smalling

Jagielka

Baines

Cole

Midfield

Lennon

Wilshere

Cleverley

Young

Johnson

Downing

Gerrard

Barry

Strikers

Rooney

Sturridge

Agbonlahor

Wellbeck

Guest Heneage

Hart

Richards                Terry            Smalling          Cole

Wilshere          Rodwell

Rooney                          Cole                      Young

Bent

Sod it go balls to the wall.

Hart

Richards          Terry                    Cahill          Cole

Wilshere            Gerrard

Sturridge                        Young                    A.Johnson

Rooney

I'd take:

Goalkeepers

Hart

Foster

Carson

Defenders

Jones

Richards

Terry

Cahill

Smalling

Baines

Cole

Midfield

Lennon

Wilshere

Cleverley

Young

Johnson

Downing

Gerrard

Barry

Strikers

Rooney

Sturridge

Bent

Wellbeck

Carroll

First game:

Hart

Richards

Jones

Terry

Cole

Lennon

Gerrard

Wilshere

Young

Wellbeck

Sturridge

Anyone else take Jack Rodwell?

Not currently delivering. Still got big hopes for him but I can only assume he has some sort of confidence issue. He has the look of a top-class player for years to come but often doesn't get on the ball and move with it and spray it about nearly as much as he should.

Signs of him improving thus far this season but he needs to do an awful lot more before I'd be playing him for England. That said, if Henderson can get a cap...

Not currently delivering. Still got big hopes for him but I can only assume he has some sort of confidence issue. He has the look of a top-class player for years to come but often doesn't get on the ball and move with it and spray it about nearly as much as he should.

Signs of him improving thus far this season but he needs to do an awful lot more before I'd be playing him for England. That said, if Henderson can get a cap...

Haven't seen much of you this season, but I'd still take him over fucking Parker, Barry and Henderson.

People go on about the lack of English talent coming through but theres a good set coming up to go with Hart, Walcott and Adam Johnson. Theres Jones, Wilshere, Sturridge, Smalling, Rodwell, Cleverley, Richards, Welbeck, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Carroll. Add in McEachran/Wickham and England could have a nice WC2014 team.

Hart

Richards          Terry                    Cahill          Cole

Wilshere            Gerrard

Walcott                        Rooney                    Young

Bent

Rest would be: Foster, Carson, Jones, Smalling,Jagielka, Baines, Ad. Johnson, Cleverley, Lampard, Parker, Sturridge, Carroll.

I thought he'd been doing alright, but I'll admit I haven't seen a great deal so you'll probably have a more accurate impression of him. Must have more about him then players like Henderson and Barry though?

Bit daft picking teams now imo, you just know certain players will have shite seasons / come to the fore before the tournament comes around.

Rooney is such a div like, there aren't many easy games at these things and you need your best players.

I thought he'd been doing alright, but I'll admit I haven't seen a great deal so you'll probably have a more accurate impression of him. Must have more about him then players like Henderson and Barry though?

Not sure it's possible not to have more about yourself than those 2.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Harper

Steven Taylor

Danny Simpson

Mike Williamson

Ryan Taylor

Robert Lee

Paul Gascoigne

David Batty

Scott Sellars

Paul Bracewell

Peter Beardsley

Alan Shearer

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: Think he'd be quite pleased tbh.

People should start to randomly send jokes to the SJP to try and cheer him up like.

:lol: Think he'd be quite pleased tbh.

People should start to randomly send jokes to the SJP to try and cheer him up like.

Why didn't Ryan Taylor cross the road?

Nee need, just went over the wall.

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/01/218x298/Ryan_Taylor_630137.jpg

Ah well.

I already send jokes to Raylor at SJP, oh, right.

Edit: just realised this is probably the expression every forum member has on their face after they have read one of my jokes

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/01/218x298/Ryan_Taylor_630137.jpg

:(