Which one stupid rule would you get rid of?

Dave

Foul throw. Should be anything goes other than throwing it to your own feet.

I could easily launch it directly into the goal without foul throw rule. God forbid we give this ability to Delap.

Well aye and that. That's tantamount to handball though even though it isn't...which it should be.

I could easily launch it directly into the goal without foul throw rule. God forbid we give this ability to Delap.

Eh? I thought the rule about needing another touch before a goal is possible was totally separate to the foul throw rule?

The shirt rule seems to have done it's job. It was brought in to curb a problem and to the most part it does. The problem with the rule is that is very easy to see when the shirt has come off - and doesn't require the "opinion of the referee" like fouls and diving does.

The shirt rules is a great example that cards are not given by the referee but earned by the players. They know this rule exists and they know the consequences so it's their decision if they want to do it and take the card.

Having said all that....I would remove the rule and classify it as excessive celebration putting the onus back on the "opinion of the referee"

I would replace this rule, with one that states that any opposing player struck by a free kick within 10 yards who was not actively retreating should be yellow carded.

Oh, and also bring back the rugby style, extra 10 yards for dissent or not retreating. Move the ball 10 yards Directly towards the goal and the dissent stops. I played rugby and giving up a penalty was bad but when they marched you back another 10 and then another 10 by then you were telling your players to STFU

Eh? I thought the rule about needing another touch before a goal is possible was totally separate to the foul throw rule?

I was referring more to the fact that a throwin becomes more useful than a freekick if you have any experiencing throwing a ball. It is much easier than kicking, which is probably the idea behind the rule in the first place.

The shirt rule seems to have done it's job. It was brought in to curb a problem and to the most part it does. The problem with the rule is that is very easy to see when the shirt has come off - and doesn't require the "opinion of the referee" like fouls and diving does.

The shirt rules is a great example that cards are not given by the referee but earned by the players. They know this rule exists and they know the consequences so it's their decision if they want to do it and take the card.

Having said all that....I would remove the rule and classify it as excessive celebration putting the onus back on the "opinion of the referee"

It's done its job? Happens at least a few times every weekend. Surely the point was to stop it.

I was referring more to the fact that a throwin becomes more useful than a freekick if you have any experiencing throwing a ball. It is much easier than kicking, which is probably the idea behind the rule in the first place.

But there's nothing in the rules to stop you throwing it far, or accurately. I don't get it.

But there's nothing in the rules to stop you throwing it far, or accurately. I don't get it.

Me neither. His far throws are still legit and hasn't stopped the 'problem'.

I would replace this rule, with one that states that any opposing player struck by a free kick within 10 yards who was not actively retreating should be yellow carded.

Oh, and also bring back the rugby style, extra 10 yards for dissent or not retreating. Move the ball 10 yards Directly towards the goal and the dissent stops. I played rugby and giving up a penalty was bad but when they marched you back another 10 and then another 10 by then you were telling your players to STFU

Moving a ball forward 10 yards wont always be to the advantage of the team taking the free kick. So maybe a choice of moving it forward or not would be ideal.

Punishing cheats who dive - retrospectively if need be. Make sure its a minimum red card offence and three game ban.

Han Colo was saying he wanted to remove the foul throw rule..yes? My point was that throw ins would become a massive weapon if players were allowed to throw it any way they pleased. If players were allowed to run up,  use one hand and throw off of one foot, most footballers would easily throw it much farther  than Delap can today. It would completely change the attacking strategy of every team.

Han Colo was saying he wanted to remove the foul throw rule..yes? My point was that throw ins would become a massive weapon if players were allowed to throw it any way they pleased. If players were allowed to run up,  use one hand and throw off of one foot, most footballers would easily throw it much farther  than Delap can today. It would completely change the attacking strategy of every team.

Ah right. The rules about foul throws are a different thing to totally removing the required method of throwing it. :lol:

You lot are so boring, though FIFA are allergic to using replays so no way those dinosaurs are going to change any rules to make the game better!

How in any way would taking away offsides make the game better? You're making it sound like you don't understand the basic concepts of the game. It would become a totally different sport without offsides ffs.

Was the move the ball 10 yards forward not brought in for a bit or am I tripping off my lid?

Aye, it was.

Was worried I was going nuts there. Why did it get binned?

No offsides would be turbo shit.

Was the move the ball 10 yards forward not brought in for a bit or am I tripping off my lid?

Aye, it was.

Was worried I was going nuts there. Why did it get binned?

No offsides would be turbo shit.

Not sure. I was reading about it, apparently it was used for four years but then they removed the rule. Didn't really state a reason why it was removed.

http://www.corshamref.org.uk/tenyards.htm

I've played offsideless football with a litter of old Jamaicans before. It is absolutely terrible. About half of us were trying to actually playing real football, but this one fat man spent the entire match standing on our penalty spot. After he scored for the second time, we had to leave two defenders in the box to prevent this madness. We also picked two attackers to stay in their box so we could also take easy goals off of long balls. The game continued in the same pattern until the entire game was happening in the penalty boxes and midfield was abandoned. Constant hoof and long ball.

Goals. We should just see who can keep possession the longest.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article667017.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Sunderland-Steve-Bruce-laugh-cropped

Spoiler that shit man, trying to eat here.