Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

All being fit, this would be the line up for me. Ben Arfa as the extra body in midfield hopefully giving them something to woory about and relieving pressure by carrying the ball forward and winning free kicks. Best upfront to hold up the play when the many long ball clearances rain down. Everyone else, all hands to the pumps and harry every ball.

Lady luck will need to be with us to sneak a draw, but anything's possible.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Raylor

Tiote  Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba                  Jonas

Best

QPR could have got something off City to be fair. They're bound to get a bad result at some point, hopefully its against Newcastle.

I thought QPR were unlucky, should have at least got a draw out of that game. Warnock has shown how to play them and Pardew does seem to prepare for each apponent very well (its his subs that baffle me sometimes) so with the right players fit I can see us getting something out of this game.

Assuming Best is still injured, I think Pardew will start with Sammy, and bring Ben Arfa on later. Despite Sammy's youth, he looks a composed character who will put in a good stint, on the lines of his manager's instructions. He's also not short of the talent needed to open up a defence.

I think he'll still see Ben Arfa as the more risky option as a starter. Against a tiring opposition though, or a team that's having to commit more and more men to attack, Ben Arfa can take advantage.

The tactic city deploys will see it hard for ben arfa despite his talent isn't up to match fitness, and beeing up against barry/toure at the same time wich will pack that area I think our best bet is down the wings. Getting on the end of a crosser could be problematic but both best and ba isn't scared of going in with their bodies to get on the end of a cross so might win a few on pure will power.

Allthough, might be worth it to have HBA on the pitch just for the fact he will force players to watch him all the time as he just needs a split second to create that crucial chance.

The tactic city deploys will see it hard for ben arfa despite his talent isn't up to match fitness, and beeing up against barry/toure at the same time wich will pack that area I think our best bet is down the wings. Getting on the end of a crosser could be problematic but both best and ba isn't scared of going in with their bodies to get on the end of a cross so might win a few on pure will power.

Allthough, might be worth it to have HBA on the pitch just for the fact he will force players to watch him all the time as he just needs a split second to create that crucial chance.

swansea gave citeh a good run for much of the game at eastlands and they done it by not specifically going for one set line of attack but doing the basics well, good passing and movement. citeh don't play high tempo defending throughout the team, hence why 2 defensive minded midfielders in their XI often, this could be a game to play one off a striker but the wide and centreal midfileders would have to give support to the main striker in getting beyond the man off.

does that make sense ?

swansea gave citeh a good run for much of the game at eastlands and they done it by not specifically going for one set line of attack but doing the basics well, good passing and movement. citeh don't play high tempo defending throughout the team, hence why 2 defensive minded midfielders in their XI often, this could be a game to play one off a striker but the wide and centreal midfileders would have to give support to the main striker in getting beyond the man off.

does that make sense ?

They lost 4-0.

does that make sense ?

They lost 4-0.

did you watch the game ? nearly an hour before citeh scored and they were as poor in the first half as i've seen them in years, more so down to swansea's play, who collapsed after the opener.

does that make sense ?

They lost 4-0.

did you watch the game ? nearly an hour before citeh scored and they were as poor in the first half as i've seen them in years, more so down to swansea's play, who collapsed after the opener.

They still hit the woodwork twice prior to scoring, I wouldn't say they got given a run for their money.

does that make sense ?

They lost 4-0.

They still hit the woodwork twice prior to scoring, I wouldn't say they got given a run for their money.

in the first half swansea were the better team and should've took the lead on a couple of occasions.

does that make sense ?

They lost 4-0.

PMSL

QPR could have got something off City to be fair. They're bound to get a bad result at some point, hopefully its against Newcastle.

I thought QPR were unlucky, should have at least got a draw out of that game. Warnock has shown how to play them and Pardew does seem to prepare for each apponent very well (its his subs that baffle me sometimes) so with the right players fit I can see us getting something out of this game.

Bloody hell that's optimistic for you....

I got flu, probably delirious

I got flu, probably delirious

Makes sense.

I remember the Swansea game, Swansea starved them of possesion for the first 15-20 minutes but created 'excuse the pun jack shit'. Man City looked to be struggling, but they soon worked out how to get the ball back by pushing up higher against Swansea as Swansea did offer much going forward Man City could afford to press higher. Man City are an awesome team and we'll need to be at our best to beat them. Part of me thinks why change what we've been good at this season but then again we could be opening ourselves up for a tuning. Heart says 4-4-2 head says pack the midfield.

I think we'd be crazy to go in 442.  Teams we've come against who play 1 up front (1st half of Arsenal match, QPR, Everton), we've always been outnumbered in midfield with only Tiote and Cabaye up against their central midfield of 3 and we fail to get a hold of the game.

Play 451, drop Best and play Ben Arfa in behind Ba.

Don't think we'll score at all during these 3 games. Might also not concede in one. So we might get a point, preferably at home to Chelsea so some confidence is won back before the easier set of games.

Genuine question, why don't you think we'll score? Surely Taylor will power in a Cabaye corner, or the other Taylor will hit a vicious free kick, or HBA will conjure some magic.

Positive mental attitude man!

The more pessimistic you are the more positively surprised you'll be ;)

As much as I think we'll lose I am looking forward to the game against City. We are in a no lose situation, the fans expect to lose, the media expect us to lose, rival fans expect us to lose, so if we lose then we shouldn't get hammered by the press then again they are a bunch of wankers and will probably use a defeat to point out that we have been flukey so far and really we are shit.