St James' Park

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like we had a clause in the contract that if we agree a sponsorship with someone else for the strip and the naming rights for the ground the contract could come to an early end. Maybe?

There was a clause for both us and Virgin to the end deal early if either wanted to. ;)

I doubt it's going to be EE, just people linking a newly re-branded company to us, like adding 2+2 and coming up with 5.

The guys on twitter won't know any advertising information, probably wouldn't even be able to give you the number for the advertising team, so naturally they can't confirm or deny it.

Guest Mackem Logic

Blatantly Sports Direct.

I don't think even Ashley would terminate a paying sponsorship deal a year early, just to put SD.com (or any other of his companies) on the shirts for free.

Blatantly Sports Direct.

I don't think even Ashley would terminate a paying sponsorship deal a year early, just to put SD.com (or any other of his companies) on the shirts for free.

Don't let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy theory mate  ;)

The only way I could see it being one of Ashley's companies on the shirt would be if he was planning a massive rebrand as part of his purchase of the JJB stores and wanted to publicise the link between SD.com and whatever the newly branded company would be...

[/longshot]

Guest Mackem Logic

The only way I could see it being one of Ashley's companies on the shirt would be if he was planning a massive rebrand as part of his purchase of the JJB stores and wanted to publicise the link between SD.com and whatever the newly branded company would be...

[/longshot]

But surely he'll just going to convert the JJB stores he has bought, into additional Sports Direct branches?

[/longshot]

But surely he'll just going to convert the JJB stores he has bought, into additional Sports Direct branches?

You'd think

Guest neesy111

[/longshot]

You'd think

He will, whoever buys those JJB stores will want them rebranding as JJB as a brand is completely dead in the water and broken.

Blatantly Sports Direct.

He bought the club for that sole purpose - he blazed it on the roof, the name and all over the ground, even on the training kit.

Im 99% sure SD makes him more money then NUFC does - as long as he's at least breaking even it's all a huge push for sports direct that effectively costs him nothing.

Don't under estimate the bloke

Guest neesy111

Blatantly Sports Direct.

He bought the club for that sole purpose - he blazed it on the roof, the name and all over the ground, even on the training kit.

Im 99% sure SD makes him more money then NUFC does - as long as he's at least breaking even it's all a huge push for sports direct that effectively costs him nothing.

:facepalm:

Ashley has paid around the £175m mark to buy the club pay off its debts, he won't make a profit from that ever till he sells up.

SD are making shitloads at the moment hence the rumours of him wanting to take it back into private ownership.

Blatantly Sports Direct.

What about Ashley putting SD on the front of our shirts would constitute a conspiracy?

Blatantly Sports Direct.

:facepalm:

Ashley has paid around the £175m mark to buy the club pay off its debts, he won't make a profit from that ever till he sells up.

SD are making shitloads at the moment hence the rumours of him wanting to take it back into private ownership.

What are you face palming for? If his sole purpose was to milk NUFC for money then he wouldn't have had SD all over the place. Quotes from SJH on his intentions for the club when buying it tell you all you need to know. SD is making him money and he's making the most of publicity it can gain. The debt he paid off for the club is still owed back to him over time, it's not exactly wiped out - just transferred to his pockets instead of a banks

Blatantly Sports Direct.

What about Ashley putting SD on the front of our shirts would constitute a conspiracy?

I was saying that people actually believe it could happen constitutes as a conspiracy.....

I personally can't understand why people would think it can happen, ok he did the Stadium thing but he wasn't giving up a 10m a year deal to advertise his company.

He would be basically throwing away 10m, smart business man like Ashley does not throw away money in any situation.

The debt he paid off for the club is still owed back to him over time, it's not exactly wiped out - just transferred to his pockets instead of a banks

As the sole owner, the fact there is a loan on our books is utterly irrelevant and he can take whatever money is knocking around whenever he wants. However it has proved to be a useful PR device for expectations management.