St James' Park

Dave

Would make sense like, Puma and Virgin ditched from short term contracts. His brand making and fronting the shirts. Flagship promotion for a brand with a crap reputation at a top flight club.

Probably extremely cheap to make too, maximising profits from shirt sales. Doesn't even need to put SportsDirect on the front (which would be a major turn off).

Potentially excellent news from a financial point of view. We're currently getting a "reasonable" (by Premiership standards) 10 million a year for the shirt sponsorship alone, while the big hitters in the Premiership get double that. Throw in a few million for the stadium naming rights and I'd expect our sponsorship income from shirts and stadium combined to rise to at least 15 million to make this worth our while. 

Then again Sunderland's deal with Invest in Africa was reported to be worth an unbelievable 20 million a year, so it might well be substantially more than 15 million. If they pull of a significant rise in income their decision to rename SJP would be at least partly vindicated.

Now for that rise in income to be translated to some more investment in the footballing side of the business please!

Invest in Sunderland?

Guest elbee909

bransons having a poor couple of months.

He's in a bit of a pickle.

Maybe he should buy some Branston's then.

I heard a while back that Emirates wanted the deal but couldn't get the go ahead because of their sponsorship with Arsenal.

02 were apparently highly interested in the deal when the stadium and shirt sponsorship came up.

Guest johnson293

bransons having a poor couple of months.

He's in a bit of a pickle.

Maybe he should buy some Branston's then.

:blush:  :coat:

Guest firetotheworks

I have a very tenuous theory. Ashley was going to work within the financial fair play rules, but has seen that it's not going to make any difference and is now working the same loophole as Liverpool and their insane shirt  sponsorship deal.