St James' Park

Dave

Found this on my travels:

Oliver Ashley

Supposed to be buying Port Vale..

Sondico, Port Vale's shirt sponser is owned by sports direct and with Mike Ashley not being able to own 2 football clubs will be putting his son in charge..

:yao:

:scared:

Oliver Ashley

Sondico, Port Vale's shirt sponser is owned by sports direct and with Mike Ashley not being able to own 2 football clubs will be putting his son in charge..

http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gold-Port-Vale-Kit-2012.jpg http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Port-Vale-Pink-Kit-2012.jpg

Lush

A return of Newcastle Brown Ale on the shirts would be nice, albeit farfetched.

Shame that the company that makes it are massive cunts and pissed all over the region.

Because a business chose to move out of the area? Having been bought out?

Oliver Ashley

http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gold-Port-Vale-Kit-2012.jpg http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Port-Vale-Pink-Kit-2012.jpg

Lush

:lol: That shit must be tailored for the individual. There's no chance they can produce such a good cut en mass. No way.

Guest Craig-NUFC

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

On #Nufc sponsorship front: whatever the new shirt deal is, has nothing to do with stadium naming rights. That position remains unchanged.

Potentially excellent news from a financial point of view. We're currently getting a "reasonable" (by Premiership standards) 10 million a year for the shirt sponsorship alone, while the big hitters in the Premiership get double that. Throw in a few million for the stadium naming rights and I'd expect our sponsorship income from shirts and stadium combined to rise to at least 15 million to make this worth our while. 

Then again Sunderland's deal with Invest in Africa was reported to be worth an unbelievable 20 million a year, so it might well be substantially more than 15 million. If they pull of a significant rise in income their decision to rename SJP would be at least partly vindicated.

Now for that rise in income to be translated to some more investment in the footballing side of the business please!

Guest Recoba

I don't think there is a conspiracy but tbh he owns the club, why can't he advertise his own company on his stadium. Not that i agree with it as its horrific but from a business point of view he's not really doing anything wrong is he?

Not his.  The club lease the ground.

They lease the land but own the stadium.  I know that sounds backwards.

I don't think there is a conspiracy but tbh he owns the club, why can't he advertise his own company on his stadium. Not that i agree with it as its horrific but from a business point of view he's not really doing anything wrong is he?

Not his.  The club lease the ground.

They lease the land but own the stadium.  I know that sounds backwards.

Be awesome if they lost the lease. You'll have to move your stadium. Ha.

Looks like Sondico.

Thread on forum "GoalkeeperTalk" about Sondico gear on SportsDirect

So as we all know Sports Direct brought the name rights or had some deal in place to knock out some Sondico stuff. They also did this with Lonsdale/Slazenger/Umbro and lots of other stuff whos reputation they ruined.

We also know that the SOndico brand was going to get a welcome push and perhaps offer some real quality products again.

SO.........i went into SPorts Direct/Soccer whatever its called these days, went upstairs to the 'soccer store' as they called it. Previously they would have lots of cheapo Umbro football socks for approx £3, they have now been replaced with Sondico ones. However they look exactly the same socks, there was no log what i could see on the socks just on the outer packages. So probably is infact the same socks fromt he same factory.

Then i had a look and they had a Sondico goalkeeper shirt, now this wasn't to bad, big number 1 on the back and little number 1 on the front like a tournament squad shirt. Now the padding on the elbows was better then when you normally see these days. However the major floor was the colour, bright yellow/greenish colour, to be honest it would of looked better on the lollipop lady outside a local school. Shame

So i mooched about at the Umbro drill tops, i thought they looked ok for Umbro, obviously better made as they were £35 each.

Then i came across the boots, and normally you get some right old nast Umbro boots. these had been replaced with SOndico boots, some of them seemed 'ok' for the price. Was surprised, quite soft. Not sure how long they would last or if comfortable. Then i strolled onto the gloves, grabbed a pair of Sondico wet ones off the shelf to try on.

Now last year there size 8 was far too small when i tried them on and the 9 was still tight in a fingersave model. These had fingersave in also, and in the latest 4-4-2 magazine there is an A4 advert for them, and they look good. In real life they look cheap and nasty. I tried them on and was surprised they felt a bit big. But the actual wrist cuff was tight to get thru and felt/heard some of the stitching go. The backhand was embossed, it was awful. Cheap cheap cheap.

The actual latex palm didnt seem to bad to be honest, but they had something like a RRP of 41.99 or something stupid down to £12 or something. No chance!

I just thought i will stay well clear of these cheap imitations!

What a shame

Can't find any official stuff about this deal they supposedly had in place.

Al Habsi has done a sponsorhip deal with them very recently. Looks like SONDICO are spending some money. iirc was a decent brand back in the 80's. Doesn't sound like a brand in its own right if MA is now in there...Nor does it sound like a brand that will throw big money at shirt sponsorship. Something is going on.